Nvidia Game Ready Driver 456.38 - Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Astyanax, Sep 17, 2020.

1. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    apparently 3080s are getting lots of crashes I don't know if it's related but I often crash in Borderlands 3 with these drivers and a 1080ti I never had one in my previous 130hours so....it may be related to the drivers

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

mostly poor QA msi crap.

3. Nekrosleezer

Nekrosleezer Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Which api are you using? Dx12 random crashes for me independent on the hardware and drivers

4. vmanuelgm

vmanuelgm Active Member

GPU:
    Giga 4090 Master
    I have been testing a RTX 3090 since september 17th and can see that the card clock fluctuates even with a beta shunt mod (call it beta cos clock still fluctuates and didn't touch all of the resistors, which are a lot, in the card). If the graphics load is lighter the card boosts higher with less power consumption. Those fast variations can cause unstability if in lighter passages the clock gets too high and then there is a heavier scene immediately, which doesn't allow forcing clocks down to avoid passing certain power limits. Maybe the card is not stable at higher clock when the heavier passage starts to run. Don't know for sure.

U can take a look at my Youtube Channel, in which u can find videos of benchs and games:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5khzv4OkE4Oq2FYRR_8hRA/videos?

I am also seeing that RTX 3090 is a power hungry monster. The card seems stable at high clocks, even at 2205 in my Gaming OC, but needs tons of power, maybe 650-700w.

As the cards have been populated with many resistors, I'll have to try shunting all/some of them to fully unlock the card, if it is even possible. I am meaning the typical custom, Kingpin or HOF will come fully unlocked with some special bios.

I'd like to point out that I am using the latest Afterburner, so don't know if clock fluctuation is software caused, but doesn't seem so.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020

5. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    haha NO
    unless a bunch of monkeys stole Ampere IP from nvidia, contacted their friends at Samsung and then released RTX 3090 themselves

Great card btw

endbase likes this.
  6. vmanuelgm

vmanuelgm Active Member

GPU:
    Giga 4090 Master

No what???

I got the card a week ago, u can see in my Youtube TimeSpy Extreme or TimeSpy benchs, among others with CPU-Z and GPU-Z.

endbase likes this.
  7. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    your description of Nvidia's Boost malfunctioning.

saying that GPU and software designers who created Nvidia's Boost somehow failed to anticipate change in GPU load, and that changing electric power consumption and chip electrical limits are mystery to them, is beyond laughable

8. vmanuelgm

vmanuelgm Active Member

GPU:
    Giga 4090 Master

Maybe, so u probably have a better explanation, based in your experience with the 3090, can u elaborate???

Apart from your exquisite knowlegde, which I am waiting anxiously, would like to know if u have seen any of the videos in my Youtube...

For those saying I dont have the card a week ago:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

explanation for WHAT? fluctuating clocks?

READ THE FUKING MANUAL MANUEL!

GPU designers forgetting about load changes - yeah sounds legit... jesus.

still fighting the invisible naysayers? who's saying u dont have the card? :) [/QUOTE]

10. vmanuelgm

vmanuelgm Active Member

GPU:
    Giga 4090 Master

U must be a genius, what an explanation, hope Nvidia hires u immediately...

Laugh, laugh, laugh...

U can't even see the posts saying I didnt have the card a week ago, again very laughable...

11. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    dude i am not reading your weeks old posts to explain why TWICE in a row ur quoting ME when addressing supposed naysayers doubting your ownership of the card

I even said "great card" WTF

12. vmanuelgm

vmanuelgm Active Member

GPU:
    Giga 4090 Master
    Thanks, all would be nice if u omitted laughable.

Still waiting an engineer reply for requested elaboration, specially considering there are numerous reports talking about crashes and freezes in 3080's when playing...

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Its happened in the past, the fermi 560 browser crashes were mostly that very issue with voltage transitions being slower than clock shifts.

the crashes occuring >2Ghz appears to be reference timings being too tight for the noise floor of the affected gpu's, bios fix can rectify it.

JonasBeckman and vmanuelgm like this.
  14. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    @vmanuelgm go to nvidia forums if you want them to answer anything @ManuelG only comes over here after he's done with those forums

vmanuelgm likes this.
  15. vmanuelgm

vmanuelgm Active Member

GPU:
    Giga 4090 Master
    Right, that's why I speculated about it. But here some folks say it is laughable...

16. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    just a heads up, the new drivers have problems it seems..

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=176013&page=93

just if youre wondering....

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no repro, probably user error.

18. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    Serious Sam 4 crashes in Vulkan due to nvoglv64.dll. I have no idea is this is bug in drivers or in game or in both. I'm just reporting it.

19. fr3quency

fr3quency Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1660
    I saw some posts about NVIDIA Container consuming some CPU usage. It behaves normally on my system: 2,8mb ram, 0% cpu and 0% hdd. Did a clean installation of Windows 10 20H2 19042.541 and installed the slimmed down drivers with HD Audio, PhysX plus the empty "DisplayDriverRAS.dll" to disable telemetry.

20. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti Hybrid
    I've got strange goings on with this driver :eek: Batman Arkam Knight Has no Smoke present from the batmobile in game or in benchmark. Hags on/off, PhysX on GPU/CPU has no effect, same results. Clean installed the driver, same result. Ghost Recon Breakpoint, Ghillie Suit Jacket Fronds completely missing. Present on ghillie trousers & other Items.

Performance is stellar with this driver on my system. No issues in that department & boost clock is up from 2037mhz locked/stable to 2050 stable/2067 on occasion.

I have not rolled back for this very reason. All my other games seem to be fine & I have a lot (I hear a thousand people cry 'You wanna see MY collection!') :p.

Jesus, even HZD is making me smile everytime I boot it up now. Maxed out at locked 60fps 5560x1440 smooth as hell. Just curious if anyone else has rendering issues of a similar nature but great performance?:cool: