ZOTAC has 20000 RTX 3080 Trinity back-orders just on Amazon

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    wow, that is allot of back orders (from just one company!)

3. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I just don't trust them. Seems like the worst company to buy from. Other than PNY. Though...the one PNY card I did own was great, oc'd like a champ, lasted until I upgraded. But they seem to have a bad rep. Zotac...always seems to be the lowest reviewed for returns on being faulty. 20,000 is insane though. And that's just one card for one company. PC gaming, high end, is larger than I thought. These steam surveys seem like political polls all of a sudden lol.

4. Legacy-ZA

Legacy-ZA Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3070Ti TUF
    I wonder if people are lured by that juicy 5-year warranty, I know I am.

5. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Some folks who sold their 2080 (Ti) in a hurry will need to find a new hobby for a month or two.

6. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    Decided to wait next spring to upgrade my 1800x and 5700XT. I'll let the craze fade away.

Exodite likes this.
  7. Jake13942

Jake13942 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    One of the scalpers tweeted that he bought $30K worth of 3080 and will sell it on eBay, lot of these pre-orders aren't users, just scalpers that'll resell these. I hope they get stuck with these and lose all their money.

Kaarme, Maddness and anticupidon like this.
  8. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Looks like the 3080s are new toilet paper on pandemic times.

Kaarme, Maddness, alanm and 1 other person like this.
  9. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    buildzoide just put out a video analyzing the pcb and says it is the most down costed RTX 3080 out i would personally not get it but if the price is right and u just need it to work then hey why not.

10. macatak

macatak Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6950
    "Just wondering what the reason for the trinity being 1-3% behind the FE at the same clocks is? Other comparably priced cards are coming out 1-8% ahead and of FE with factory overclocks making the disparity potentially 11%. That's a regular generational leap for something like a cpu and makes me question purchasing zotac again."

https://www.reddit.com/r/ZOTAC/comments/iv4j17/3080_trinity_13_behind_fe/g5q82zr/

11. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Just saw that. This is the type of info ppl need before they purchase a GPU. I would pay a little more for a better built card.

12. AlexM

AlexM Member

GPU:
    rtx 3080 Eagle OC
    Oh man! This means i have to game on my Gtx 970 for 1-2 more months. :(

13. Yikes, poor Zotac :i
    Guess that's what they get when they cheap on the build supplies.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2020
  14. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I'm sure the have better quality models at higher price points. Never had an issue with Zotac and may buy from them again depending on model. But would have to see a buildzoid breakdown of it :D. MSI also cheaps out on certain models as well. Gigabyte too (unless Aorus), but they're slightly more devious with their bait and switch routine where after a review, they may introduce new revisions (1.1, etc) with cheaper parts.

15. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Must be very sickening to be the CEO of one of those AIBs looking at all that potential customers and profit sitting there waiting to give you money that you know you can never get cos you physically cannot push your staff / slaves to work any faster for you... time to get the big guy with the whip to "motivate" them & increase productivity in the factory.

I wonder will QA on these cards that are being rushed out the door in all these GPU factories now will be much worse than normal. I think quality might go down a good bit. As speed increases, quality decreases usually.

Sylencer likes this.

16. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Not like you really need to upgrade, but after Ryzen 5000 comes out you can pop in a cheap 3700X and enjoy a good boost in performance.