Crysis 1 remake (rumor)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, Aug 31, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Yeah massive CPU bottleneck... was getting 66 percent GPU usage and 29 percent CPU usage and 35 fps... what a joke. I want to talk to those clowns from the stream about their hybrid ray tracing. So smug because it runs on all cards -- who cares if it's garbage?

Archvile82 likes this.
  2. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090 Palit
    Its something not right with game. I am playing on Aorus Waterforce 2080 Ti and 9700K . 1440P and details CAN IT RUN CRYSIS.
    Have smooth 45-55fps with gpu usage 90%. And when i am looking at distance gpu usage drops to 60-70% and fps go to 30-35fps. When i turn camera usage back to 90% and fps goes up . Something not right. Also not only me ,the same thing on other youtube gameplays with same pc.

16:18

cerebus23 and ramthegamer like this.
  3. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    DX11 is the problem.

Undying likes this.
  4. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    Do the leaves and trees sway a little? Just wondered because it can look static in today's games if they don't move in the wind.

Anyway want to give this a try for ray tracing on my Titan RTX but the posts are so negative in general. And no Dx12.

5. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090 Palit
  6. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Actually now the CPU usage is definitely better:
    And in this game raytracing i used for almost everything, hence the poor performance. That's why you can set the details/quality of the raytracing.

In other games like Fortnite raytracing will decrease your fps by 90 frames. Ok?

7. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    Can you toggle the suit audio to classic? The new sounds are obnoxiously loud!

8. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    The classic suit mode is not truly classic suit mode. A lot of the audio has been replaced.
    I ended up doing a refund, the game felt too sluggish and this is not because of the demanding graphics.
    Some have also noticed that there's a lack of enemies compared to the original, it truly is a console port.

At least C2 already came to the consoles so if they remaster that one I might get that one, it feels like a major Hollywood blockbuster at least.

Already had C1 on steam but that doesn't seem to want to start, so I uninstalled it, it lacks 64 bit files which are needed for some hardware. Meh. You'd think that the publisher would update that ages ago so that more people can use the damn product, I mean they still sell that one too.

ramthegamer likes this.
  9. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    What a shame. This game could have really given Crytek a boost. I get there are bugs in games, especially day one, it's normal. But a remaster of a 13 year old game should be a lot smoother than this. I wonder how much involvement Sabre has with this project?

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    There is a fix for the original game, I tried it a few months ago and it worked perfectly, I have the original dvd copy of the game, from what I understand it works for the steam copy too, there is a fix for the x86 and x64 copy of the game.

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Crysis#Issues_fixed

From what I understand it's basically the game using 3DNow and new cpu's not supporting it so the game crashes, you replace the CrySystem.dll file with an altered one so it ignored 3DNow.

Kaleid likes this.

11. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Why do people expect this game to work flawlessly with the raytracing when some way simpler games work much worse, like Fortnite or Quake 2!

12. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Thanks, I downloaded the file, let's see if I'll install the game again. The remaster does to me look quite a bit better, so I might wait until costs next to nothing.

13. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    FPS is still garbage with ray tracing off. It's a crap implementation and poorly optimized, OK?

14. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090 Palit
    I have 9700K and 2080 Ti waterforce. 35fps most with 50% gpu usage on 1440P with all maxed CAN IT RUN CRYSIS. And guess what? I turn off raytracing still 35fps.
    So my cpu is weak or what?

15. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    For sure it's not weak, must be the engine.

16. Pale Horseman

Pale Horseman Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus Master 4090
    ramthegamer likes this.
  17. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    I don't talk about that. I talk about raytracing performance - you know fps difference when you enable rt.
    Btw, don't expect an old version of the engine to work well with new hardware. And also the fact that this remaster is not work of the Crytek team.

18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    For me the baffling thing is, they are still using the old 2007 cryengine, they didnt even work with the latest iteration of the engine used for sniper ghost warrior contracts....it is just baffling..

Archvile82 likes this.
  19. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Actually we may be wrong. Some sources say how they use CE5, but i'm not sure.
    But looks like they more cared about the consoles and this remaster.

20. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Honestly even with the performance on high at 1440p it makes me just want to go play Crysis 3
    I'm just not sure why you're an apologist for a product that you had no involvement making. You act as if it's the consumer's fault (me) for expecting it not to run well with high-end hardware when the entire game is marketed on that fact "CAN it run Crysis MODE" "8K Crysis".

You almost sound like you work for them.