NVIDIA Preps RTX 3060 8GB, 3070 16GB and RTX 3080 20GB Graphics cards

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 19, 2020.

1. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    True but then there is extra 14GB of VRAM, I expected they will eat more wattage :)

angelgraves13 and DannyD like this.
  2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    This spot indeed confirmws what we've been saying for weeks not, there will be a 20GB version of the RTX 2080.

Really? A 20GB 2080? :p

3. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3090-teclab-review-leaked/

Maddness, angelgraves13 and DannyD like this.
  4. barbacot

barbacot Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SuprimX
    Don't care - I have a Corsair AX1200 that I can finally put to good use - what I care is the price increase for this version and if/when there will be a Ti version for 3080 or this "S" 20 GB version is all that we will get.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I'm beginning to wonder how seriously the 3090 is crippled by air cooling, when the true perf gain is only 10% with 20% more shaders. Sounds like throttling to me, either due to temp or power limits of sorts.

But seriously, if they push a 1500$ card to beat the 3080 by 10%, they better save themselves the manufacturing costs. Or they start to market that thing as your AIO or probably custom loop beast when it shines.

3080 to 3090 only being a 10% difference would be a total fail. Nobody besides professional users would buy that, no need to run it with the gaming cards besides the bragging about "having the fastest card" (by way too little margin over their own product).

6. barbacot

barbacot Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SuprimX
    I don't know if the games that are today can "wake up" the 3090 - so in my opinion it is software bottleneck - like the article says maybe after driver optimization and game software scaling up - so you need some game updates - things will be different.

7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Hmm might be, but I'm sceptical... benchmarks with RTX and DLSS off should do the trick for now.
    As for the sentiment of buying, preordering a 1500$ GPU for "performance about to come with future updates" sounds a bit ridiculous, with all due respect to such a 10k shader beast :D

8. At this point, I'll take anything I read on an Intel marketing slide as opposed to a sentence that starts with the words "NVIDIA". Call me peachy'

9. k0vasz

k0vasz Active Member

GPU:
    nV GTX1060 6G
    Supposedly, all of the 3000 series cards willl have RT/Tensor cores, even the low-end cards (ie. 3050 or something)

10. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    First 10%, now 19%. Give me legitimate reviews, please.
    https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3090-3dmark-time-spy-scores-leaked

11. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
  12. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    And i still have to see what the larger vram versions have to do with the -S label.
    no S card i remember got more vram than the non S, so not sure why even ppl here are "pushing" that those two are connected.

completely ignoring that there is more than one word that starts with an S outside "super".

13. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    You can say that of every products though. If the games would focus more on multi-threading past 4-6 cores maybe AMD CPUs would be on top. But they don't and the reality remains Intel still dominate gaming. You can always blame optimization but you can only evaluate a product based on how it performs in real life versus how much it cost.

barbacot likes this.
  14. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Looks like its probably gonna be at least March or even Summer 2021 before I even consider making the switch to Ampere.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  15. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Its looking like a pretty good choice to just wait until AMD cards are out and reviewed. By then we might have larger VRAM options from Nvidia too. Patience is a virtue.

fantaskarsef, barbacot, HandR and 2 others like this.

16. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    That's what I was already planning on doing, but it looks like everyone else doesn't have a choice.

Elder III and angelgraves13 like this.
  17. You don't find your viewpoint slightly, I say this with sarcasm, "slightly" stunted with the whole "lack of self-restraint comment; could it be that "nevcairiel - all seeing all-knowing master of the universe" - who understands the hearts and minds of all may be wrong sometimes and have not considered all of the possible motives for why folks are emotional or upset.

Being upset. Being angry. Being emotional. Don't throw "shade". There is nothing wrong with it? People are annoyed because simply put your word should be your bond, NVIDIA obviously took advantage of that and just pulled the wool over people who set aside time and money; again. It becomes annoying and obnoxious among many other things. Do not act willfully ignorant or feign ignorance you know exactly what I am talking about & if you want to attack people simply for having completely normal reactions then that's YOUR PROBLEM and you can sort those issues out yourself with a therapist.

sbacchetta likes this.
  18. sbacchetta

sbacchetta Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The 3090 is a Titan like card, it's will be mainly use in rendering workstation, it is why it have a lot ram, have sli support, and have even blower type card being released. As always gamers who want the best at any price will buy it too. The lack of performance upgrade for game is not a problem, for pro app scaling will be much better.
    Why they called it 3090 ? to be reviewed by everyone and be put against big Navi, and ensure the perf crown stay at Nvidia.

19. clopezi

clopezi Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    It's possible, and you are right about the 3090 use cases, but I have no doubts that the 3080 will still the performance king vs Big Navi despite the rumors.

For many years AMD has been competing well in quality/price but the top of the range is unattainable for them, and more if we include DLSS on the mix...

angelgraves13 likes this.
  20. sbacchetta

sbacchetta Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I have no particular opinion right now on whether big navi will beat the 3080 or not, I just wanted to say that Nvidia saw big navi as a potential/possible treat and wanted to be sure of keeping the perf crown in the consumer space.