Navi RDNA Owners Thread, Tests, Mods, BIOS & Tweaks !

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    2150 is the max clocks set in the 5700xt bios

my 5700 is only 1850 max

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Thought you could increase this but maybe that requires the More Power Tool and it's bios editing capabilities in the newer AMD drivers for extending the limits further from Wattman and the current cap in the drivers.
    Used to work by just modifying the registry data but it seems AMD has restricted some of these adjustments in the newer drivers thus bios editing as a workaround.

Hitting stable 2 Ghz or higher might take some tinkering though, binning even on the 5700 XT models is quite varied so the required voltage and additional wattage plus the temperature from increasing these might quickly hit something like wall where you get very diminishing returns from pushing the GPU settings higher.

Dialing in 2.1 itself is doable but the actual 3D clock speeds might be less even more so than the usual -50 Mhz than what you set in Wattman but I have seen 2.2 Ghz for overclock and benchmark purposes.
    (Some Asus 5700XT GPU I think with settings somewhere around 1.3v on the GPU core, 70% power draw and on water cooling.)

Rojama likes this.
  3. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    More Power Tool does work just increase the max GFX clocks as desired and memory if you want to but memory clocking on navi doesnt seem to do much if anything

if you set enough extra power to 30-50% you can get an overclock that always sits around 25mhz under (default is ~50mhz under)

voltage plays a big part and more doesnt mean better, you will need to find the sweet spot as increasing voltage actually caused the card to clock lower

Rojama and JonasBeckman like this.
  4. Rojama

Rojama Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    Ok, thanks, not sure if using MPT will void the warranty. Know it's software but...
    This is still a new card for me.

5. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    no not at all.

The profiles get deleted when you install a new driver

if you go too far your card wont die it will blackscreen/freeze and/or straight up crash, pc will restart and radeon settings will say default wattman have been applied blah blah blah

Rojama likes this.
  6. Rojama

Rojama Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    Cool, thanks for that.So basically its a software alteration only then. Good to know, I'll give it a go & see what happens.

Passus likes this.
  7. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    Undying likes this.
  8. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Should just use MPT mate

Im not saying do not flash the bios but MPT does exactly the same thing with way less risk

9. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    True, but on the other hand you have unsigned bios :)

10. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    Does anyone tried to change fan in MPT(SPPT)?
    Mine card is pretty hot, so I want to set more fan.
    In MPT I found Fan target temperature 90°C so I changed it to 75° and Fan acoustic limit was just 1800RPM so I changed it to 2500RPM (55%).
    But when I apply it the fans goes to 70% even that the card is cold.

Also does changing voltage curve works for you? For me it looks like not.

11. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Does that make some kind of difference for you?

signed unsigned same driver

12. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    I though that I have to patch driver, but then I found that it's problem only with polaris.
    Anyway the MPT looks working when I use Restart64.exe from CRU. But voltages didn't changed.
    EDIT: It looks like voltages changed but not the way I wanted. Maybe the voltage curve helper calculator doesn't work how it should :/

13. lordaine

lordaine Guest

GPU:
    5500XT/4gb
    Hello, I thought it was the problem of the AMD drivers that most of my games crashes and it turns out, it was the boost clock of my msi 5500xt oc 4gb. When I underclock it to 1750, everything works fine now. No more issues at all.

Please, if anyone can modify this bios below, any help would be greatly appreciated. Just lowering the Boost Clock from 1845 MHz to 1750, or anyone can please point me to the right person. Thanks!

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/218498/msi-rx5500xt-4096-191210

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  14. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    You can do it yourself mate

https://www.igorslab.de/en/morepowe...x-5700-xt-tweaking-and-overclocking-software/

with cpu-z save the bios to a file the that tool i linked will enable you to soft mod the bios to your liking

15. lordaine

lordaine Guest

GPU:
    5500XT/4gb

16. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
  17. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    After the wreckage of my Vega 56, I was luck enough that with the savings I had, I was able to buy a 5600xt. Better than nothing I suppose.

I have now a MSI 5600XT Gaming MX (with an unlocked BIOS! Upto 2Ghz Core - 1.8Ghz Memory)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/52770839
    8K Graphics score in Time Spy

Loving the card.
    I just wish It had 8GB of VRAM.

18. RatSample

RatSample Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6900 XT
    I'm going to have to revisit the MPT after I tested the latest Adrenalin 21.8.2 driver.
    It was reported by Fábio Pisco (Ancient Gameplays) that this new driver dropped temps by 2-3C compared to all previous drivers. I was skeptical so after testing on my rig, there it was, lower temps! (naturally, your mileage/kilometrage may vary)

What I also found is that came with more overclocking headroom on my system. I am able to put in a set of 2100 as a daily driver. (2050Mhz get)
    With prior drivers, I was only able to achieve a stable a daily driver set of 2070, 2020Mhz get, no matter what I tweaked in MPT. (I chalked it up as the silicon lottery limit)

Anyone else seen this phenomenon?

upload_2021-9-3_13-47-56.png upload_2021-9-3_13-48-40.png

19. Boliks

Boliks Guest

GPU:
    Ryzen 9 5900X
    I would like to see vbios too

20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Looking at the score it should be faster than vega, no?