Holy Cow, Enterprise Drivers vs AMD Adrenalin drivers, check this out.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by MyEinsamkeit, May 29, 2020.

1. gabsvm

gabsvm Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8gb
    Already installed and its there. Thanks mate.

MyEinsamkeit likes this.
  2. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    Yea sorry about that, i thought i had a longer Ethernet cord for my second computer lol, had to order one. But glad its there. 20.Q3 drivers are really nice. :) Just to be clear though, the Adrenalin drivers are stable and fast too, but out of all the drivers i notice the enterprise ones are always a faster in performance/fps.

3. If you or anyone else is interested, I keep some notes here with my W10 tweaks.

In my case, I mainly use W10 for gaming, and dual-boot with Linux. I disable most mitigations and security features on W10 to try for better performance.

Code:
    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\GameDVR" /v "AllowgameDVR" /t "REG_DWORD" /d "0" /f

MyEinsamkeit likes this.
  4. Anyone happen to know of a relatively quick and free GPU benchmark? I'd like to compare some driver versions between Adrenaline and Enterprise, but I'm only aware of some 3DMark program (large and takes a while to run), Superposition (large iirc), and Heaven (older, but takes a while iirc). Iirc, I can throw some flags on FurMark to benchmark, but I don't know if it's as useful for that (it's an OpenGL stress test; can't imagine recent drivers affecting OGL performance).

For reference, with CPU benchmarking, I usually use Geekbench (about 100MB), takes about 2 minutes to run, and it's free. Does a bunch of tests for both single and multi-threaded loads.

5. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    I mostly only test using games/game benchmarks. But i have used heaven benchmark, furmark and PC mark which is probably the best one to use.

6. Interestingly it looks like 3DMark, PCMark, and even VRMark are on a huge sale on Steam at the moment (link).

Does PCMark do GPU benchmarking? I thought 3DMark was primarily about that.

7. I got 3DMark; I tested 20.9.1 and the latest enterprise 20.Q3.1 drivers with a RX 580

Time Spy (DX12) scored slightly higher on Adrenaline drivers, but Fire Strike (DX11) scored slightly higher on the Enterprise drivers. I did just the basic tests (not Extreme nor custom) with Memory timings at 2 and max 30% power limit:

Fire Strike:
    • 20.9.1 Adrenaline: 13239
    • 20.Q3.1 Enterprise: 13288

Time Spy:
    • 19.q4.1 Enterprise: 4761
    • 20.8.3 Enterprise: 4827
    • 20.9.1 Adrenaline: 4828
    • 20.q3.1 Enterprise: 4806

With some WoW (DX12) and Beat Saber, I don't notice anything different with the 20.Q3.1 enterprise drivers compared to 20.9.1 Adrenaline.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2020
    MyEinsamkeit likes this.
  8. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    Just a quick update, after testing all the drivers from 20.8, 20.9.1, 20.q3.1, 20.q3. The driver that shows the best fps is 20.q2.1. But i decided to use 20.q3, which has the second best performance i notice. 20.9.1 is next.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020