Crysis 1 remake (rumor)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, Aug 31, 2019.

Tags:
  1. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    Ugh, lots of hitching. Hoping it's due to the player's PC and not due to a shoddy remaster.

2. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
  3. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
  4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Titan rtx 25fps
    3080 32fps

Even though titan has lower fps it didnt glich and stutter like the 3080. I wonder why. Can it runs crysis? Nope. :D

5. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i don t think this is anything to joke about, as in, the remaster does nt really justify not running nicely and not being produced using the same engine used for Sniper Ghost warrior: contracts
    i don t even know how people can think this is fun if anything, why the heck the game wasn t build using the SNiper engine, i fail to understand

Undying likes this.
  6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Low effort port with epic exclusivity, denuvo protection that runs like a crap. You are right, its no joke.

7. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    Well, I was genuinely excited for this game. Unless the planned DLSS implementation or game ready drivers improve things, then I have to say, i'm not so bothered about it. There was a reason it didn't run well on many PCs when it was launched, the tech we had wasn't up to the task.

No excuse in this day and age. There are far better looking/better playing games out there that run a lot better.

8. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    the game fps doesn't recover lost fps after you change settings from "Can it run crysis" to "very high"

that is until you load the last checkpoint

9. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    This is ABYSMAL

Performance is a joke, sure can it run crysis mode is for people who like slide shows.

But Very High 1440p I am getting like 40fps but it feels like 20fps. The hitching from the original release when loading in new assets/areas is STILL there too even on a PCIE4 NVME.

Dropping down the High Preset brings me to just above 60fps but drops a lot in fights and dense areas to 45-50fps and again hitching is STILL present.

Dropping down to Medium preset brings the biggest boost to fps. Now I am averaging around 100fps and dropping into the high 70's and mostly 80fps range but it still feels slightly slower. It's like every fps you get it feels at least 10fps lower. And the hitching is STILL present (but its a lot better on medium). I've also had the game not loading in assets either, I stood next to a small tree where the game displayed a flat low res 2D tree image for upwards of 15-20 seconds before fading into the actual model. And yes I reloaded checkpoints every time I changed settings.

On medium their Ray Tracing SOVGI feature is completely disabled so this seems to be where most of the performance issues lie. I am going to test a little more to find a sweet spot.

But this is looking like a refund for me, its just unplayable and at medium you take quite a large IQ hit too. Not to mention but aiming in this game is a chore, the amount of screen effects from motion blur, dof, suite powers, blood splatter, hit punch, screen shake, gun recoil, low fps, etc, etc all layered on top of one another makes for a frustrating game. It does look better than the original no doubt about that, I just wanted to be able to play through this game with a stable frame rate and enjoy the eye candy. People will say "its crysis what did you expect".............. I expected a working game not a glorified benchmark and broken benchmark at that. People would of lost their minds if ID released Doom Eternal and it ran at 20fps, instead they optimised the engine, the game, and released a great looking fun game. Crytek release a buggy unplayable mess.... but we give them a pass because hehe its crysis??

EDIT:

The benchmark doesn't even work for me, you have to find .exe inside bin64 folder to run it. You get a little box open up for setting options. TAA seems mislabelled as TSAA?? Ray tracing can't be turned off completely. You have 2 levels to chose from and BOTH crash after loading is finished.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    Horus-Anhur and Undying like this.
  10. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT

11. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    REFUNDED!!!!

Totally broken beyond any help.

Settings don't stick even when you reboot the game, graphical effects cover the screen making it unplayable, consistent stuttering and hitching all over the place EVEN ON MEDIUM!??? Sometimes you boot in on Medium and you get between 70-120fps and its smooth(ish) sometimes you boot in on the same settings and its a choppy, stuttery mess. Controls feel like you are underwater or in mud, graphics don't load in when they should displaying 2D tree assets. On medium walk up to a small tree and the fps tanks to 30fps all the way from 60+.

A.I is broken, walk more than 6 feet from an enemy and they scream "I've lost him".... when you are in the complete open and not using suite powers!???? I've had enemies get stuck on terrain, I've had them stand still and do nothing but scream "hes here ive got him" and persist to do NOTHING.... this is on hard difficulty by the way.

Benchmarks are broken and fail to load...........

OH OH..... And the best one yet.

So I started the game, I played past the first part at night, got passed the first beach area and headed towards the large radio tower. I got killed in the little village where you find the grenades for the first time.

I quit out the game and wrote my other post above.

I boot back into the game, and click CONTINUE GAME. It loads..... I notice the loading screen is different, but I don't think much of it. Now the game finally loads about 30 seconds after it reached 100% (another bug) and now the game has put me on mission 2 and skipped half of the first mission!??????????????????

Now we are finding out that this port doesn't have ANY multicore support...... WHAT!? This is as if they have released an earlier build of the game by mistake it has to be.

This is Batman Arkham Knight levels of bad.....

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  12. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    That sounds a lot worse than Arkham Knight actually

CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  13. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    If the game is as bad as you tell it, then this is s strong candidate to most broken game of the year.

14. Oh boy, oh boy... this is even worse than I expected.

15. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    How the frack do you release a remaster in 2020 that is still single threaded? GTFO of here. Lazy cash-in by Crytek. And AGAIN, I'm guessing console versions that got a form of ray tracing aren't suffering from these bad frames? Then some wonder why we crap all over Crytek.

CPC_RedDawn likes this.

16. noGuruATall

noGuruATall Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 580 3GB
    How can I enable devmode? -devmode in shortcut doesn't work.

BTW HDR is broken? I have blue ugly picture.

17. noGuruATall

noGuruATall Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 580 3GB
    Sometimes I don't know which version looks better...

Attached Files:

18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    The crysis 3 from 2013 have proper multithreading and it looks better than this. Oh, what a screw up. We would all be better playing original Crysis than this mess.

Horus-Anhur and CPC_RedDawn like this.
  19. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    It probably really is.

I tried recording some footage of how bad the stutter, loading, and texture streaming was but geforce experience said it was recording and no file got created where I normally save them. I tried screenshots and nothing worked.

Believe me, this is one of the worst releases I've seen. How can you release a game and have the loading system broken? It literally loaded me into another level.

100% glad I got a refund.

The game also uses Denuvo which probably doesn't help.

What also has me thinking is if they didn't even bother to add proper multicore support then have they even added support for Ryzen CPU's with their new MCC layout? This could also be why I am experiencing the insane stutter and lower fps on my 3900X.

20. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    check the install folder

inside Bin64 I think I saw one dev.exe in there that might work.

I wouldn't hold my breath though, not even the benchmark would load for me without crashing 3 times in a row before I gave up.