NVIDIA responds to major shortages of GeForce RTX 3080 Founders Edition graphics cards

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Evildead666 likes this.
  2. Digibetus

Digibetus Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super 8GB
    Same here, stock didn't even arrive before launch and is now expected somewhere next week.
    No manufacturer can even tell me when the next shipment is going to be.

And the 3090 will be worse with allocated stock being only 10% of the 3080's numbers.

3. Maximus7724

Maximus7724 Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7950 PCS+ @ 1150/1500
    Trying to buy one here in Spain is impossible, all listings have "OOS" and Amazon isnt even listing. For a period there was pre-order on some cards for mid Oct but at this point why wouldnt i just wait to see what AMD is bringing.

4. Andy Watson

Andy Watson Master Guru

GPU:
    I think that's an excellent point about the 3070 ! etailers etc will price gorge if they had any sense as it is money for nothing.

I don't normally encourage pushing up prices, but if it is just for a short time for the people who for some reason need to be first then so be it. I am sure a lot of people have to get it first to feel good on forums and be able to "share the experience" over the unwashed masses :D

I'd rather wait, read all the reviews, see if any bugs or not then simply buy the best suited for me and then to play games.

PS I am currently queuing outside Guru3d headquarters for a slightly used MSI 3080 ;)

HitokiriX likes this.

5. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Get them - get them fast! Because a month or two from now they will vanish forever! So go to a queue, fight one another - you have to get them asap!

6. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Well, I was looking forward to amore reasonably priced generation, but the prices hiked in my country to 2xxx levels. Great...

7. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    More stock on the 30th.

8. Jespi

Jespi Member

GPU:
    8GB
    Czech Republic and Slovakia, Two biggest IT component re-sellers in the countries, 0 in stock since the start. Availability - unknown.
    So they listed a product, you can pay 4/5 of the national average wage for it, and don´t even know when you´ll get it! Awesomeeeee

emperorsfist likes this.
  9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Probably going to roll in gradually, only a few models were even stocked yesterday going by a few of the stores and 5 - 10 GPU's total so no wonder it sold out but more is planned for later in September and then October plus whenever the 3090's will be stocked and then the 3070's

Interesting to see the Founder GPU models going fast too but I don't know how many NVIDIA had available and how it's divided world-wide, going by overall 3080 availability here probably not too many depending on the country plus for the EU international shipping and people buying from where it's in stock possibly also leading to some shortages.

Plus whatever the price will be, looks like the 3080 ranges between 7000 to 10000 SEK depending on both model and where it's bought from comparing a few online shops here so some price markup in addition to deals on certain models.
    Wonder when the stock will normalize or stabilize too, October I presume and more availability overall lowering the risk of shortages and once initial demand goes down though that might take a while depending on how much hardware will be in this next second batch and so on.

10. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Price also hiked at CZC by 2000 CZK.

11. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Any sense... Well, they might have some sense of self-respect. Scalpers are nothing but petty crooks and opportunists preying on the weak and vulnerable. A decent store owner might not want to identify with Martin Shkreli. A faceless giant corporation like Amazon naturally wouldn't care.

12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Things are really messed up right now!

ATM Its either,

Screenshot 2020-09-18 095925.png

or

wtf.png

Attached Files:

• wtf.png
      wtf.png
      File size:
      794.5 KB
      Views:
  13. ACEB

ACEB Member Guru

GPU:
    You won't see outrage and condemnation about this like you would if it was AMD. I've got stock coming in scheduled for 22nd but that could change

Fediuld likes this.
  14. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I'm in no rush here still waiting for AMD. You could call this a blessing in disguise.

ZXRaziel, panogr, Fediuld and 2 others like this.
  15. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Basically...
    all those who have been saying wait for bla-bla AMD, are now saying that if they don't get their 3080 right now, THEY'RE GOING TO DIE
    [​IMG]

16. Negativ

Negativ Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070S
    I live in a funny country ^^

Attached Files:

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  17. neikosr0x

neikosr0x Active Member

GPU:
    Corsair 8GB DDR3 1333mhz
    85 GPU at stock hahahahahaha what a joke.

Fediuld and Loobyluggs like this.
  18. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    the high prices on ebay is cos a guy wrote a few bots to jack up bid prices to force scalpers to lose out on sales.

19. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Yep, love it. Hope those creeps get burned.

schmidtbag, Fediuld and pharma like this.
  20. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    There are some here in my neck of the woods who've gotten their RTX3080 at about 880USD (yes, mark up here is just nutz, local $ converted to USD) and have sold theirs off for a tidy sum of >1.3k USD. I wanted to snag one myself to sell, but I was too late to pre-order one.