Rumor: Radeon RX 6000 Series as fast as a standard RTX 2080 Ti?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 14, 2020.

1. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    So you have seen the actual Bench for both suppliers then?
    RDNA2 in a cut down version on a console does 4k WITH RT and can use 8K textures all in real time....go away and just digest that information we know this it has been demoed already, what portion of the universe do you live in to assume the full sized GPUs fitted to PCs wont do the same and in fact will do way more, this whole thread is specilation and supposition with Fanbois from both sides stating facts that no body knows its all guesswork yet your willing to stand on your soap box and state it as fact!
    Nvidia priced the 3000 series very low in comparison to the 2000 series, if they could they would have asked more, they have shareholders to answer too, my belief (and its mine only) is that they have advanced knowledge from games studios who were developing for consoles about the capability's of RDNA2 and so they have come to market where they think they need too, my own opinion is AMD has something very special on its way but we will all have to wait and see, one thing is for sure when it launches the 3000 will be available so you can probably expect some head to head demos from AMD which will show us all where they sit exactly vs each other.
    Either way we as consumers benefit so we should applaud both sides for making it difficult for the other to gouge our wallets.

2. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    There's amd gpus then there's consoles, i make a distinction though i understand presently folks want to believe there the same.
    I'm in no rush for either right now i couldn't care less, all we've seen from amd is a childrens song, a dusty old pc, and an evga 3080icx rip off as their FE.
    Like i said i couldn't care less right now.

3. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    What's scary is that RTX3060 is going to give this card a run for it's money.

4. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Which GPU?

5. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    The one this thread is based on.

6. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Uhm so the 2080ti also gets outperformed by a 3060?

7. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Close enough to be another viable product. I personally think Nvidia is going for the kill this round.

8. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    If that's true... Damn.

9. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Nice science fiction close enough to scientific comedy there. :D Buahahaha :D

nikobellic and PrMinisterGR like this.
  10. TLD LARS

TLD LARS Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
    The new console will not run 4k native >30FPS with raytracing without sacrificing detail compared to a pc version.
    A playstation 5 Is rated at 10Tflops and a Vega 64 is listed at 12Tflops, so believe me when i say that a Vega 64 can not run native 4K, smooth with any fancy detail levels turned up.
    No amount of driver magic or console magic would make it possible for a Playstation to run native 4K with Raytracing in big games or any kind of 8K unless it is a chessgame or something like that.

11. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    How do you know?
    Tell me HOW do you know the Unreal demo Engine showed it doing just that live and in real time you know nothing, I know nothing this whole thread is a toilet full of speculation until these units come out and get tested, however look at the clues they give you in the above demo what is not said is as important as what is the unreal symbol at the end is ray traced, the room full of statues has 16billion triangles made using a cinema quality tool that uses 8k textures...and this is a console not a full fat GPU, yes software is optimised of course it is but the basic CPU and Graphis systems are the same as a PC, anyway I may be talking out my ass nobody knows but am not writing off either camp till i see the benchmarks, remember AMD 3 years ago would never beat Intel and now look at the world of CPUs

Evildead666, Maddness and alanm like this.
  12. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Vast majority of games can run easily on 4k on todays GPUs. Its only difficult to run modern titles that may pose a challenge at certain settings. If ray tracing difficult, turn it off.
    [​IMG]

13. kings

kings Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti / RX 580
    AMD beat a dead horse Intel, that sat still for almost a decade.

The GPU market is very different, Nvidia is not Intel, nor is the behavior of both the same.

14. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    I must be missing something here, AMD offers a good product(not sure on there new ones)as I haven't seen them. But your statement above is pure LOLZ!

15. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    Very True and AMD has been lacking leadership for years, Dead Horse? Well many would disagree many still think Intel rules because they have a few FPS on a couple of Games each to there own Nvidia has priced the 3k cards where they need to be because they know what AMD has in the cupboard I would stake my water cooled 2080ti on it, if not then the prices would have gone up for the new Gen, when was the last Time you could buy a card that beat the previous gen card by some margin for less?

16. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    Erm this is on an as yet unreleased next gen games engine so what relevance your argument has am not sure

17. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    C7 :D It is Arm based AMD's spin. They call it Ryzen because it supposedly has RDNA2.

18. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I mean the front end might just understand ARM and then be a normal Ryzen behind there. They have shown they can take an 8 core to 15W.

19. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    That's true, but cellphone does not have battery to keep alive even CPU that idles at 1~2W. IIRC, word was about 2x A72 or other top tier instruction core at high clock, 2x mid tier clocked cores, and 4x power efficient cores. (Basically standard scheme by now. Maybe some modification enabling fast switch of thread from power efficient core that has limited instruction set to better core in situation when such extra instruction is needed.)

20. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Well next gen games engines will be optimized to run on the new consoles and at 4k, so theoretically even better on GPUs. Not sure how you missed that.