Serious Sam 4 PC Requirements

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 14, 2020.

1. illrigger

illrigger Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Nobody is making you upgrade. If you are OK playing on low settings in 720p, more power to ya. Or you can just buy a console - the Series S is mighty appealing at the price of a new CPU all by itself.

2. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Graphics looks like trash ? Wtf ?

3. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I'm not really seeing what's justifying such high system requirements.

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    its alright i think. Like i said there is crazy graphical options in this game, many of them.

5. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    I think it looks great, is it UE4?

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    In house Serious engine by Croteam.

7. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Nice, looking forwards to it.

Undying likes this.
  8. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    You have to see the engine in-game. They produce some demanding very crisp looking stuff. Do not judge too much via some Youtube video, when we don't even know how it was conducted. I expect this game to be one of the best looking of 2020 and as noted, the amount of highly detailed enemies at once must be taxing on the CPU. Great stuff!

Undying likes this.
  9. TalentX

TalentX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX4090 AIO
    Not going to judge on this one, though it's worth mentioning that these days games are developed in a way where they want to push it fast into the market, thus neglecting optimizations and simplifying code, which then results in a higher system requirment due to bad code implementation. That's mostly, but not limited to, the case with mainstream companies that claim to be "aaa" (btw. a very misleading term nowadays, not what it used to be like in the past).
    The very minority of games might be an exception. However, I personally wouldn't put Serious Sam into this exception category, after the release of Serious Sam 2 and above at least.

10. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Only liked SS1 and 2. Formula got too tiring and too familiar after that. Was kind of hoping they would vary it to introduce a bit of tactical thinking instead of just shooting hordes of screaming enemies holding bombs in each arm rushing you. I know they cant change the basic formula that brought them success, but over-familiarity with it can deaden the experience just as well.

11. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Not really sure anything about that is fair to claim on croteam. In no way are they pumping out a new game every year and its not like they just let their team do absolutely nothing for years and then quickly make a game....

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I liked the SS2 but it was not everyones cup of tea. Does not need to be that serious all the time if you know what i mean. ;)

13. Excalibur1814

Excalibur1814 Active Member

GPU:
    1660ti
    Tactical thinking?

Heck... There's a section, in Serious Sam 1 (I think), where you're in a square ring with a billion bulls smashing into your face. I tried and tried but couldn't get past this section. I noticed that the bulls smash Sam into the air, so I stood near a wall and bang... I flew into the air and landed on top of the wall. Done.

Could also be called cheating, but if the game allows you to do it... DO IT!