Apply fan curve without launching MSI AB?

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Trihy, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Trihy

Trihy Member Guru

GPU:
    Onboard
    Hi. I was wondering if there is a way to do that.

Im using latest beta 4.6.3 beta1

I had set an overclock profile and turned on the windows icon on msi ab.

So, when windows starts, profile is applied. But fan curve is not. Fan curve only works when manually opening ab or setting msi ab to start with windows.

There is a way to apply fan curve without launching msi ab? Just like it applies OC without launching it? If i let the arrow on windows icon it says which profile will apply on boot and latest word is AUTO, which I think it refers to fan? So maybe it´s possible.

Also if I close ab, OC values stay but fan curve goes back to stock.

Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  2. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    no, cause MSI AB is controlling fan it's not a curve applied once to the card/driver.

Trihy likes this.
  3. Trihy

Trihy Member Guru

GPU:
    Onboard
    Hi. Thanks.

Then maybe we can have a service that could handle that. Without needing the full msi ab app running.

Problem is that launching msi ab at boot, will make all my apps display riva onscreen data. Which can be disabled in msi ab, but will be a pain to set it on/off everytime I want to see the onscreen info. When I wanted riva onscreen info, I just used to just launch msi ab.

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Nope. I find such service bad design and absolute waste of development time, sorry. No need to push it further please, take my answer as is.

Trihy likes this.

5. Trihy

Trihy Member Guru

GPU:
    Onboard
    Hi. Thanks for your answer.

Guess there is a keyboard shortcut to turn on/off riva onscreen info. Will look into that. But maybe an easy way like a button on msi ab will be handy too.

6. gedo

gedo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT 12GB
    You don't have to set OSD on/off every time. RTSS has application profiles for that.

You can either disable detection for applications where you don't want it, or disable it globally and enable it only for the games where you want it.

Trihy likes this.
  7. Trihy

Trihy Member Guru

GPU:
    Onboard
    Thanks guys. Will try to do some profiles on riva.