Yeah that GeForce RTX 3090 is one big dude

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 10, 2020.

1. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    That is one Ginormous card damm! No offense but I think the Stock nvidia cooler they have been using now for years looks much better then this new one. It might not cool as well but just talking about looks I take the previous gen.

2. CyberSparky

CyberSparky Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 XC3
    Why does it look like an egg frying in the reflection on the waterblock? Intentional?

3. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    You go for looks over performance and cooling?

4. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    I'm of the opposite opinion. I think these look much more impressive than the Turing cards.

pharma likes this.

5. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    This is coming from Gigabyte, so what does this mean if the twelve pins are capable of four hundred watts a piece?!?!? Even if they're two sets of eight pin connectors going on there I mean my "maths" says that is four in total. For a potential draw of SIX HUNDRED WATTS pci-e eight pins.

Just can't wait for some new twelve pin capable PSU reviews testing that power draw/throughput of that newly faceted connector.[​IMG]

6. Dyseman

Dyseman Member

GPU:
    RX-6800XT 16GB
  7. Just saw the Gigabyte version on Bestbuy's website - my goodness people are not exaggerating when they are saying this is a large card lol.

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    most people are too sensitive for blowers, and the turing fe's had key design flaws.

9. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    I don't go for anything anymore (don't game anymore) no time. But yeah I would take into consideration the cards looks before buying. The previous gen reference cards looked Amazing and had good cooling. Bonus was the Green geforce logo as well.

10. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Their site confirms their K1ngp1n edition as well. But no information on it, or the other cards at all on top of nothing showing their power connections confirming or denying how many eight pins on board.

Never thought I'd say it again, but I might go with MSI on the 3090's. Given that theirs have shown off triple eight pin connections.

Now not to say that I find out what Gigabyte is up to in the mean time as their cards are showing dual eight pins coming from dual twelve pin connections. There sounds like some serious power capability if you ask me....[​IMG]