Hot fix driver 452.22

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by PurSpyk!!, Sep 4, 2020.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yes I switched to 1xSMAA, couldn't stand that blur, I even sacrificed reflections for it

so only 2xSMAA fixes those shadows, or are they still blocky, just not as noticeable?

I dont mind latency much, play it just for "fun", but I get pissed more then having fun, like usually by cod mp lol
    Ok, but I can't remember any game atm that looked like that, not in last 4-5years. Maybe Gta5 kinda, but not soooo bad like here.

Would be good if nv and cod team up and came with a better solution, like usually by partnered games. ;)

EDIT: what about this shadow caching system, maybe that's buggy and better off? or that won't affect it, I didnt try turning both off.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  2. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    hey guys, some may notice that this hotfix with the latest win10 security update is screwing with your settings in game. you may need to whitelist all of your Nvidia drivers in the firewall

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    um. what?

4. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    yeah. and nvidia control panel bugged. geforce experience (DL manager) worked fine and all of the settings were "optimized".
    the problem was latest win10 build w/ latest security updates vs Nvidia's hotfix .dll's and streaming exceptions in Win10 firewall.
    had to manually whitelist Nvidia control panel and all "Shield" exceptions.

5. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Driver does not need any outbound connection for user set in game settings.

Streaming/Shield is something different, a Windows Firewall that hasn't been strengthened opens up for that on it's own.

6. grabibus

grabibus Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090
    FPS drop in CoD MW solved for me.
    Thanks !

7. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Most people has switched to Diabotical because the way Quake Champions had ended up.

-Tj- likes this.
  8. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    I didn't find the pattern how it randomly happens.
    Windows load, I open a Firefox, watch a twitch stream then want something to change in NVIDIA Control Panel and it refuses it load.
    I restart Windows, do the exact steps again and now NVIDIA Control Panel loads fine.

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    cannot confirm on the standard driver, might be dch specific or something different between our machines software wise.

10. Sentenced

Sentenced Member

GPU:
    GTX 1650
    All I know is that textures looked like 640 Χ 480 last time I played it.
    Is this Diabotical any better? Like SVGA stuff????? !!!! :eek:

11. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    A lot better, fluid gameplay, clean graphics, faster gameplay, very good sound engine and what looks like better netcode. As well as creating your in game maps.