AMD Zen3 on October 8th Radeon RX 6000 coming October 28th

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Maddness, Embra and Undying like this.
  2. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Let the war begin!

CPC_RedDawn and angelgraves13 like this.
  3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    It is interesting that ryzen event is first. One would expect first they gonna show the rdna2 then calm everybody with zen3 if it fails.

This time hopefully radeon will be just icing on the cake. :)

Maddness, schmidtbag and CPC_RedDawn like this.
  4. Dyseman

Dyseman Member

GPU:
    RX-6800XT 16GB
    Soooo. The Sun will come out Next Month?

Duke Nil likes this.

5. half_empty_soul

half_empty_soul Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 ti
    paper launch on the 28th and then another month or so for proper launch
    sorry AMD you lost the game before it even started

6. Devid

Devid Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX 6800 XT TUF
    So what now?
    I can see the new trolls are rising, Intel CPUs are overpriced and rubbish, all of them need to be sold for half a price or less...oh hold on this is not the RTX 2080 Ti :cool::D

As I've already mentioned it I cannot wait for Zen 3!

7. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    Meaning what. I don't understand how releasing a few weeks after nVidia is bad. The first batch of nVidia cards are going to go to miners anyway, so...

8. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Your soul sounds completely empty, not just half empty. You don't lose anything by giving them a chance. If they don't deliver, then that's it, if they do, then you've got two choices instead of one. Two choices is always better than one.

9. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    LOL fanboys. Like Nvidias paper launch was any different.

mohiuddin likes this.
  10. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Is any launch not a paper launch? Even software features are paper launched nowadays.

Google: "In the coming weeks"
    Tesla: "Buy full self driving now for $8000 and you'll get it sometime in the next 20 years"

Ricardo and fantaskarsef like this.

11. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Personally I'm pretty excited for Zen3. This should be where AMD finally matches or surpasses Intel in high FPS gaming. Now if I could just get my x370 to support the CPU that would be lovely.

12. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Now the wait to see if any memory controller improvements they've made shows in low resolution high fps benchmarks. That's the only thing I'm really waiting for. Not that I'm gaming that way, but it'll show that they're covering all basis to destroy Intel.
    My bank account awaits.

13. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    Thats not what a paper launch means. A paper launch would be stating "available now", but its factually not available to buy for a few weeks to come, ie. the launch data is before actual real world availability. If they say "available september 17" and you can actually buy it on that day, then its a normal launch.

Kaarme, AuerX and JamesSneed like this.
  14. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Sure, but what people here mean by paper launch is based on the quantity available at launch. Sure you can launch in different regions around the world to have a proper launch in that region but today's corporate world is different and having regional launches is seen as weak in the corporate industry. But sure you can have your "worldwide" launch and hit all the major areas, US, EU, ASIA, etc but how available is it? Are you releasing 1000 units? 1 million units? or 10 million units? You can launch everywhere but if you only have enough to appease 10% of your customers that isn't really a proper launch is it. This is where "just in time" production comes into play these days, you only make what you can sell and you only make to order.

Word going around is that the 3080 will have very limited stock, the 3070 will be slightly better, but the 3090 will be like gold dust.

Basically getting one of these cards on day one of their respective launches will be very very hard, hence why people claim its effectively a paper launch.

15. Vananovion

Vananovion Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 16GB
    Finally some tangible news about the launches - up until now all we got were rumors. I am a bit disappointed that the RDNA2 launch is in late October, as it means I won't be able to buy a partner card before the Cyberpunk release.

But as long as the price/performance is decent, RDNA2 is definitely my next upgrade. And I can wait a few weeks to play Cyberpunk :).

16. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I agree but what Nvidia just did and what AMD are doing are announcements about when the products will launch. So the person way above claiming this was a paper launch should be corrected because its not a launch its an announcement about when the products will launch. Anyhow if Nvidia or AMD don't have high volumes of product on said launch days then it is a paper launch.

CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  17. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I was expecting the announcement of Big Navi to be sooner, they are going to lose a ton of sales because of the timing.

Still, i´m very excited to see what AMD has in store regarding Zen3 and RX6000 series.

Maddness likes this.
  18. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    So TI version will come around Feb March 2k21 then...

I hope AMD nails it with both Zen 3 and RDNA2.

Lily GFX and CPC_RedDawn like this.
  19. Ahmad Bilal

Ahmad Bilal Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon
    For Zen3, can we expect DDR5 RAM?

For RDNA2, is Nvidia's 3090 .. an anticipatory action due to what intel they have on RDNA2?

This could swing either way.. imho. It could be a dud .. or it could be a hit. Will look at the 'purposeful' leaks in the coming weeks :p

Lily GFX and Undying like this.
  20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Gah, two more months of waiting. Not sure why they drag this out? AMD, now is the time to strike!