GeForce 452.06 Game Ready Driver - Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Jen1, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    cannot confirm, this is pc specific and likely involves your multidisplay config.

2. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    How do fix gamma setting not applying at boot?.
    When logging into windows my darker gamma setting goes into effect but then screen goes back to brighter. When checking nvidia control settings it shows my gamma setting. When I click the slider screen instantly changes to the setting

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    configure gamma on your screen instead.

4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    This is an old bug and probably due to Windows.

Windows overrides the color calibration set in NV CPL and uses its own calibration.
    When you click on the slider NV settings take precedence again.

Work around by using Windows' own color calibration to set gamma.

5. Mistajista

Mistajista Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Well I only have one display so that's unlikely. Rolling back to the previous driver also fixes the issue. I'm willing to accept it might be PC specific but would love any pointers as to why it's occurring.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  6. Erick

Erick Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB
    Manuel, I learned that I had to use a framerate limiter in combination of a framerate limiter. I have an Acer Predator XB273. When I switched to 240hz (DisplayPort 1.2 standards), most of my games were not playing very well (Overwatch, Darksiders, or A Hat In Time as examples). The frames would stutter on my monitor, or miss frames when the resolution is set to 240hz in either Fullscreen Borderless or Borderless Windowed modes. I also used Fast Sync and experienced some after images when playing Hollow Knight. The images seemed to be combining other images from the game. This may be the driver, but I would recommend using or somehow implementing a frametime limiter, which would give the user console level frame pacing.

To solve this strange framerate issue, I set the resolution to 240hz and Fast Sync. Next, I downloaded Rivatuner Statistics Server and set the Frametime limiter to 60, or 0.001666 milliseconds. It seems that with a frametime limiter, I achieved the console level of frame pacing on my NVIDIA card. I had to then use a Framerate limiter and set it to 144 FPS using the NVIDIA Profile Inspector. Finally, I set the maximum frame rate to 680 FPS (I didn't know this was possible). Now this is a ton of steps, but using a frametime limiter at 0.001666 (60 fps by time) stabilized the frames at 240hz for all of my games and it looks even smoother than if VSync is set to On. These RTX GPU's are so fast when used with HDMI 2.1 or DisplayPort 1.2.

I recorded a video as an example. This is Remember Me set at 240hz at Fullscreen Exclusive mode.

7. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Are we expecting the R455 rtx 3080 driver to give us a general boost across the board?

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It's not going to magically milk more frames out of already tapped out hardware.

9. sagnol

sagnol Member

GPU:
    nvidia 9400gt 1gb
    It will propably degrade the performance in 2x and 1x series, you know force you to upgrade...

ocsystem likes this.
  10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You can find the exit if you're going to perpetuate unfounded and readily disproven myths.

eGGroLLiO, SyntaX and Blackfyre like this.

11. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    This is a horrible claim, as every time a new series comes out people say it. And if you look at any performance comparison that compare GPU's across driver versions over multiple years, there is always an improvement and never a decrease in performance that isn't negligible or down to a card having worse thermals over several years of hard usage.

Anyone on 1000 or 2000 series (me included) will likely not see any worthy increase in performance, and definitely will not see a decrease in performance with these new drivers coming out tomorrow. Improvements will be to latency with the games that support nVidia Reflex, that's it.