The Witcher 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's such a distant future for that potential witcher game, that we might as well forget about it for now.

I'm more worried about CB2077, and by that I mean that if the game doesn't deliver proportional to the hype, CDPR will be in deep trouble and so will any future projects. I have big faith in them, but the delays do concern me a bit.

2. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    I'm curious to see how this game will run on current consoles especially the lower end ones. That will probably have a big impact on how the game will look as a final product sadly. I do have some hopes that this time they will leave the PC version untouched.

Solfaur likes this.
  3. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Stuntmen do The Witcher -- this is impressive! They do a better job integrating signs than the show does!

The Sleeper and fantaskarsef like this.
  4. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    That looks sooo good, wow! I wonder how long it took them to rehearse, film, cut and edit for a video just a little over 1 minute. Because there was a LOT happening in that short time-frame. :p

5. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    Wow ... this is awesome :)

6. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim

Turanis likes this.
  7. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    5 year anniversary reminds me of this:

upload_2020-5-21_10-49-26.png

Oops :)

Solfaur likes this.
  8. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Multi-thread,polyvalent artist :)

Last edited: May 21, 2020
    drandiiski and serbicu like this.
  9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  10. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    The Witcher 3 may have gotten a downgrade before release, but Halk cleared a lot of it up!

11. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    every time someone is posting something new on TW3 i wanna replay it. i look forward to playing it again with graphically enhancing mods
    when il have a new GPU\monitor.

cerebus23 likes this.
  12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Basically this is you for every time you see a new comment in TW3 thread.

[​IMG]

AsiJu, Syranetic and coc like this.
  13. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    AsiJu likes this.
  14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Hmm. :)

Source:
    https://www.resetera.com/threads/wi...r-loading-free-for-all-current-owners.280472/

https://twitter.com/witchergame/status/1301826520311369728

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...nt-is-coming-to-the-next-generation.11036585/

https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/1301826631401697280

Netherwind likes this.
  15. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    All the mod makers just simultaneously groaned :p

AsiJu likes this.

16. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Well with luck the file system isn't too overhauled but it depends on what gets changed since the mods are script and texture replacements mostly (Plus a bit more thanks to excellent community work on 3D model editing and more.) but yeah if they update the script system there's going to be some compatibility concerns although further fixes and improvements to loading and what not is a nice feature.

Better base texture quality would be a nice improvement too but perhaps the HD Reworked mod could be adapted over although it could take some time and effort depending on again what they change here in this version of the game.
    No idea what the ray tracing implementation would be, shadows is a possibility as is reflections though I don't know how that will be worked in with the amount of water in the game though a overall update to the water would also be nice. :D

Lighting and shadows could be improved on too but we'll see once there's some more media available on what CD Project has focused on, lighting system would be a welcome upgrade but also quite involved and they already revamped the initial solution once already.

Since it was revealed now a trailer or screenshots or both should probably follow shortly, HDR support for the PC version is a welcome addition too also before forgetting about that. :)

EDIT: I expect mod compatibility will be a issue but we don't know to which extent yet and what else is being touched up or improved/changed/replaced until more info is available.

Loading time improvements in particular could be a lot of engine changes even including CPU scalability or possibly also adding in D3D12 support. (Well it has ray tracing so that's going to happen or Vulkan but probably D3D12 and RTX is my guess.)

17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
  18. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    The low polygon assets and draw distances are the biggest issues in the base game, and those were mostly rectified in B&W expansion. Unless they enhance those as well, it's not going to make the game look that much better.

They also need to bring back the water simulation they axed.

19. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    https://www.videogameschronicle.com...-the-witcher-3-is-being-developed-externally/

Handled by Saber Interactive and it's a patch for the existing version of the game. :)

Interesting.

20. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Can't believe one of my favorite games of all time is getting RTX... No matter what the implementation is the game already looked superb. I've beaten the entire thing so many times but if they are significant RT features it may be worth another romp...

jbscotchman likes this.