NVIDIA Announces GeForce RTX 3070, 3080 and 3090 (With Even More Shader processors)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    Yeah pricing is ok in the UK. I was expecting a match to the US cost but it's 650. No complaints about that considering the performance. I just hope I can snag one before they get sold out for the the next few months...

pegasus1 and XenthorX like this.
  2. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    To me it reads that Nvidia are afraid that PC gamers would jump to the new consoles if the cards were priced too high, this is apparent when they said 1080Ti owners "now you can upgrade"

Maddness and -Tj- like this.
  3. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I don't think they used 1080p as a benchmark because it's more cpu based. 4k is, like, 98% gpu at that resolution. I see what you're saying though.

theoneofgod likes this.
  4. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Obviously they would flatten.. because it pushes the bottleneck back onto the CPU.

5. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    @Loobyluggs

What does LJJ stand for? Lithuanian Jiu-Jitsu? what...

6. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    The 3080 FE version is $699 at Nvidia store.
    https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/shop/geforce/?page=1&limit=9&locale=en-us

7. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Probably leather jacket jensen or some other dumb thing he came up with. He always inserts random crap like this into his posts to illicit response.

Ya I mean they are clearly referring to AIB models would be higher, as they always have. Walt too dense though, probably spent too much time writing his weird JHH fan fiction.

schmidtbag and Noisiv like this.
  8. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
  9. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    So only the founder's cards on Sept 17th it sounds like based on all the info so far? I want the ROG Strix 3090 to integrate with my lighting setup. What e-tailers do people recommend for jumping on these new units, newegg? (I'm in Canada).

10. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Glad to see you have been paying attention! Now, write me 500 lines and then stand in the corner. :)

11. Mundosold

Mundosold Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    because that is normal, the overpriced and mediocre rtx 2000 line was the exception. Pascal should have never been price/performance-competitive with Turing but it was (especially before Super) and that left many people who decided to skip Turing entirely (like myself). They also had the new consoles to compete with (and yes, while they may be 11-12TFlops, consoles do get better graphics per tflops since developers can optimize their game specifically for the target, that is how Xbox One X pulls off decent 4K gaming despite only being about equal to an RX 580).

12. Ne1l

Ne1l Active Member

GPU:
    465 Sli
    "NVfulcrum test and NVUberstress test" are all part of the partner "NV MODS" test suite, I tried to integrate them directly onto the shopfloor in our factory..

I think in the tools logs there are records of raw performance bt not in FPS type format ;-)

XenthorX likes this.
  13. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I am hooked on the new cooler. Quieter and 90 Watts more powerful than Turing

[​IMG]

XenthorX, -Tj- and alanm like this.
  14. sbacchetta

sbacchetta Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Based on a quick "generational leap" slide analysis the 3080 is 35% faster than 2080ti not bad, not bad at all.

Edit: sadly most news outlet are already mixing up those new "shader tflops" with the traditional fp32 tflops. Even when their products are great, Nvidia has to use dirty marketing....

Noisiv likes this.
  15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Called it! lol jk :)

But I said ~700€ max for 3080RTX and it's just that. And those cuda 8k cores for 3080, wow!

My next upgrade some day too :D

Hulk12, XenthorX and Noisiv like this.

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Which makes the huge price difference even weirder. I don't imagine the 12GB extra VRAM costing that much.

17. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    So no custom 3090s yet, but damn that Founder's looks nice. Wonder if it performs as good as it looks though, especially when compared to what the custom ones will bring to the table.

18. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Is it me or do the founders cards look like better quality cards than all the third party made cards to date? Never have I thought that before but If I am to buy a card I think I would buy Nvidia's card over third parties.

19. bobblunderton

bobblunderton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2070 Super 8gb
    8gb of VRAM... nope... 10gb of VRAM... nope... 24gb GREAT (then you see price) haha what a joke, no way am I paying even half that.
    Looks like it's back to AMD and their rubbish drivers for me next time I need a GPU. I can get a beautiful PRO line AMD or even Nvidia card for anything over 800~1000$ (even better if you shop like-new pulls or new-old-stock selection), and not have to bother with rubbish drivers for 'gaming' that are hit or miss on professional applications (for reasons which should be obvious). Thankfully pro / enterprise drivers from both teams are pretty good (nvidia gives a good compromise on 'studio ready' drivers).
    Not rich, not poor, but just had 10,000$ worth of driveway put in on zero notice on our paid-off 4600 sq/ft house and hence wouldn't waste 1/8th of that on a single piece of hardware - maybe an entire computer - but not a single piece of hardware. This isn't the economy for this type of stuff. That driveway was paved with AMD stock money I put together - a mere single-digit percent of the earnings (it was less than capital gains tax threshold which is at or just north of 25,000$ / year, so it didn't hit too hard cashing in on a small bit of it).
    No mortgage, no monthly phone contracts, no car payment, but I still wouldn't pay over 500~600$ for a card. I love my 2070 Super but the 8gb of VRAM is no-where near enough and causes Maya to slow down to a crawl working on a 160mb model with 200mb of textures, every 2 to 3 minutes between times you 'delete model history' (to free up ram / VRAM).
    NO THANK YOU Nvidia. NO SALE, even if I had an integrated gpu and that was it, you can burn them for that price! I am wholly put-off by their acting like this is something people will pay (obviously someone is paying for it) in an economy like this. I would sooner buy a console for what the 3070 with lowly 8gb of VRAM costs, and I have historically not enjoyed any console newer than a Sega or Nintendo 16-bit console...
    I hope AMD pulls through with something. It doesn't even have to be as fast as my 2070 Super (as that's plenty more than I need triangle-fill speed wise / shader-wise), it just needs to have at-least 16gb of VRAM.
    Knew I should have gotten a Radeon VII 16gb last year... but ah well, you know what they say, hindsight is always 20/20.

AMD Radeon team, get with the program, the ball's in your court!

20. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    My cpu is going to not like that hot air being blown into it.

Serotonin likes this.