Running Doom Eternal running 1000 fps just for kicks and giggles

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    dark_surge, cryohellinc and BetA like this.
  2. entr0cks

entr0cks Member Guru

GPU:
    GV-N660OC-2GD
    In the Youtube comments some pointed out that he's looking at the black wall in the end when they finally hit the 1k :)
    Impressive that it got to that number at all, considering how many parts have to play together including the engine itself.

3. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
  4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    No gloves? Very dangerous.

Gandul and cryohellinc like this.

5. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Is that screen capable of such refresh rates, though? I thought they could reach something like 400Hz at max, if even that.

6. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    I wonder if they watched the video after editing? Based on the amount of camera angle changes I don't think they did, but not 100% sure.

Dazz likes this.
  7. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Does it matter? People here chase frame rates their displays can't handle all the time, and somehow think it's important that a few lost frames here and there is a big deal when they're already in the hundreds.

8. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    I'm just hoping this next round of video cards will be enough for my 5120x1440 Viotek 120hz G-Sync/Free Sync monitor. At least a hundred frames per second consistently with ray tracing would be nice.

What would be nice and what is to come are most likely two totally different things in the end. Time will tell...

9. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I personally would just like a GPU that can handle max detail (maybe without AA) at 4K @ 60FPS for a reasonable price. But depending where things go for next-gen games, I'm wary that even a 3090 is going to be good enough for that.

I wish I could see more test results without AA enabled, but everyone always keeps it enabled. AA is so taxing and I overall don't even like it.

DeskStar likes this.
  10. Original

• "A Polish overclocking team has now tapped into Doom Eternal to drain the last bit of FPS out of ir. Extreme overclocking of the CPU and graphics card allowed the 1000 frames per second mark to be exceeded at times!, just for fun or fouce.
    • An ASUS Maximus XI APEX motherboard, 16 GByte HyperX Predator DDR4-4000 main memory and a Samsung 512GB M.2 NVMe Evo Plus SSD and a 1200W power supply.
    Corrected

• "A Polish overclocking team has now tapped into Doom Eternal to drain the last bit of FPS out of it. Extreme overclocking of the CPU and graphics card allowed the 1000 frames per second mark to be exceeded at times!
    • An ASUS Maximus XI APEX motherboard, 16 GByte HyperX Predator DDR4-4000 main memory, and a Samsung 512GB M.2 NVMe Evo Plus SSD and a 1200W power supply.

11. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    I always thought those crazy overclocks weren't anywhere near stable enough to run anything more than a short bench

12. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG RTX 6090 Ultra
    Like top-fuel drag racing:

Completely pointless, but AWESOME !

13. Dazz

Dazz Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    Only prolonged exposer but things like splashes are infact better than using gloves which can bound to the skin, Steve of gamers Nexus has proven this and that your body heat provides you protection.

14. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    How about the " 1k fps challenge and keep it at 1k for more than 1ms" challenge....now that would also be impressive, the fact that the hardware is capable of achieving that level of performance is cool but what i`d like to see is how long they could run the system like that before the mobo and gpu died from such torture.

15. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    You aren't clocking that high with LN2 for long term(or even short time) stability :D

16. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    How is an extra 3ghz on the cpu and 1ghz on the gpu not that high for the given hardware

17. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I don't think you understand what I'm saying... I'm saying using LN2 for overclocking isn't for long term stability.

18. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    I know what your saying.... regardless of how long they bench for all i said was...... what i`d like to see is how long they could run the system like that before the mobo and gpu die.