Phoenix GeForce RTX 3080 and RTX 3090 From Gainward leaks (but also confirms specifications)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Thunk_It

Thunk_It Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080ti Turbo
    Yep, 2 eight pin power plugs. That's definitely a more user friendly approach! Thanks Hilbert for posting this article.

2. Mundosold

Mundosold Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    Why should the fact that Nvidia is charging more for their cards these days require a more expensive case to go with it? $100 cases have been the norm for PCs for decades, it isn't like case technology has advanced much in the last 10 years, if anything many cases went backwards to favor aesthetics with watercooling instead of airflow/functionality.

3. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Well again, if you want to maximize your investment value over time, only if it releases 6months+ before next generation, otherwise it's gonna be a short lived best buy.

Unless RDNA 2.0 put Nvidia back to the wall again, or original 30X0 aren't selling as well as expected which would force their hand into releasing "SUPER" edition like they did for RTX 20X0 serie, 3090/3080/3070 won't lose much value until next gen release. (rumors are saying next year but i have to idea).

In the grand scheme of things i don't know if the SUPER model release paid off.

4. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti@2.0Ghz
    Unfortunately no information about the size of these cards

5. sbacchetta

sbacchetta Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    @Cidious
    Both cards are the same ga102, and are made at the same foundry/process.
    I see only 2 explanation for the small difference in TBP.

1. The actual in game average clock for the 3090 is quiet lower.

2. The RT and Tensor core account for a large part of the TBP and are similar in amount between both cards.

3. (bonus) advertised TBP value are not representative.

Edit : there is also the possibility that 3090 is much better quality silicon, think ryzen 3900x vs 3950x

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  6. sbacchetta

sbacchetta Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It is already a 350w GPU, chance are a 10% overclock will push it far above 400w. Overclock this on air will be difficult you will probably need water cooling...
    Edit : with those card for a lot of user overclocking might not be an option. (Except memory overclock maybe)

7. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    This is a great time for AMD to come out and spoil Nvidia´s release by disclosing some technical info and performance estimates about their next GPUs. So AMD, what are you waiting for?...

And unless Ampere is something really special, i´m gonna wait to see what AMD has to offer because the prices of Nvidia cards are becoming insane!

Maddness likes this.
  8. Exodite

Exodite Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    Honestly though, even people who're going to buy Nvidia no matter what should wait until RDNA2 is released just to see what impact it has on the pricing and stack structure of the cards.

With next-generation releases expected within months of each other it makes no sense to /not/ wait.

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    They will start teasing it anytime soon.

Its hard to fight on two fronts.

[​IMG]

CPC_RedDawn and H83 like this.
  10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its like GTX 780 vs 770.

780 was on the same chip as 780ti, and 770 was just a GTX 680 with more ram and gpu boost 2.
    Except the 3070 isn't a RTX 2080ti...... XD

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no it isn't.

12. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Qui-Gon and Darth Maul were so underrated characters. Both deserved so much more screen (story) time. Their encounter should be studied as example of perfect film making and acting. (No explanation needed, their behavior told who they were.)

@ topic : I really do not need much of teasing. I've read all I needed to read from XSX's presentation.

Undying likes this.
  13. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Off topic but Star wars clone wars and Rebels both did an amazing job with Darth Maul, really fleshed him out as a character in my mind.

On Topic, it seems rumours were correct, Will wait for HH review before I say much more which hopefully Nvidia drops their NDA soon on that

Fox2232 likes this.
  14. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Has it been confirmed the 3090 is the new Titian? I am getting the feeling the 3090 will be the new 2080 and releasing the 3090 ti later.

This might be my go to, that with either the 75/85” 900H or Q80T. I would rather get the CX but the whole burn in thing makes it unattractive for me.

15. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/n...pecifications-leak.433938/page-8#post-5823295

It isn't the TITAN. Just a tier above 3080 Super/TI.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    itpro likes this.
  17. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    My wallet isn't naive. But, TITAN will be priced two times 3090. 3090 will be priced two times 3080. I can see the pattern here. Can you? :p :D Hehe!

Undying likes this.
  18. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I will bet you easily that when Nvidia has their reveal event we will suddenly see a "leaked" unnamed AMD GPU score for 3DMark in a screenshot either just before or just after the reveal. Just so AMD to can TRY and spoil some of Nvidia's spot light.

19. sbacchetta

sbacchetta Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You could be right, but in the past Nvidia (at least for the FE) cards had actual max power usage during game (not Furmark) near the advertised TDP. For 3090 it is 350watt.

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    not even pascal had tdp = tgp, and if it happened it was only at base clock.