ZOTAC GeForce RTX 3090 Trinity Pictured

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Rich_Guy, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  2. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522 Member

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD 6790
    Whoa....very cool looking! Can't wait to see what EVGA does.

3. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    Son's a bitches changed the SLI connector again.

4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    2 and half slot. And as wide and long as reference. (Really big.)

I wonder what's the point in preventing air from leaving card at sides.

5. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti@2.0Ghz
    Don't know if one manufacturer will shrink the huge size of the card? I'm limited to 30cm in my case... or I will have to mod it :)

6. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    The 3090 is unlikely to be able to be shrunk much. It contains a whole lot of power delivery and memory, which all require a lot of space.

7. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    uhm, higher temps in the case?

Which in turn raises the temp on the gfx itself

pegasus1 likes this.
  8. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I'm surprised it's even there, seeing how dead SLI is.

Solfaur, Netherwind and fantaskarsef like this.
  9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Benchmarking purposes.

10. Jawnys

Jawnys Master Guru

GPU:
    asus tuf oc 3090
    My last two cards 1080ti and 2080ti were zotacs they re nice looking card and usually well cooled and performing well ill probably goig to go with zotac zgain

11. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Getting hot air from card into case is better than allowing it to go out only through back. Because general airflow in case between intake fans and outtake is very high in comparison to noise fans make to achieve it. That's unless user did cheap out to the point that he was not willing to buy even cheapest fans for $2.

And lets be real: ~ $600~1200 cards, ~ $100~200 case, ... fans are cheap
    I only buy fractal design and noctua fans... not cheap, but still worth it.

Normal case has like 36~40 liters of air when empty. When everything is in 32~36l of space remains.
    Unobstructed, 43CFM fans exchange all air in case within 2 seconds. Then it is only question of airflow design.

Best design for anything is to get heat directly out of case. But it has to be adjusted for noise requirements. That's why Fury X had best cooling for me. Cool and quiet.
    Liquid cooling in general has very good efficiency to noise ratio. Blowing a lot of air though tight space... noisy.

schmidtbag likes this.
    • Have to keep all of the dark matter these cards are built with inside from escaping & opening a black hole :oops:
    • "Dark magic, spells and ruuunes of ancient times lost were cast every morning at 8:00 am on the production line to increase the yields.."
    • This winter if you hear a noise in your house it's not coil whine; it's the jinn in your... NVIDIA video card... just don't make that 3rd wish or you'll have to RMA that sucker'
    *whispers* SLI will never die *whispers* SLI will never die *whispers* SLI will never die *whispers* SLI will never die..... :oops:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2020
    Fox2232 likes this.
  12. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti@2.0Ghz
    unfortunately 3Dfx is dead since a long time, SLI RIP...

13. Lebon30

Lebon30 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070Ti 8GB
    3x 8 pins? Holy crap.

Cool looking cards though.

14. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    I used SLI for years. Tried 2-way, 3-way and quad SLI all the way from GTX 9800's to the RTX 20 series cards. What i found is that 2-way SLI scaled best of all, offering almost 80% performance boost in most games. 3-way SLI was pretty pointless since it only added about 15% more performance on top of that 80% and 4-way SLI was absolutely pointless as the 4th card only added an extra 4% performance on top of the 3-way SLI config. But i may still do 2-way SLI depending on how the RTX 3000 series cards are priced. Maybe two 3080's or a single 3090 (if the 3090 can hit 4k 120fps consistently on ultra graphics preset)

15. Tellthetruth

Tellthetruth Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070
    But SLI is only for the 3090 alone. No SLI for 3080 or lower.

16. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    Where have you read that? With the RTX 2000 series cards you had RTX Titan, 2080Ti, 2080, 2080 Super, 2070 Super all SLI capable. It'd be plain weird just to have it on only one of their cards for the RTX 3000 series

17. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    Scalability aside I keep hearing sli support is limited these days. I wanted to try out 2070S sli, just to play around with really, but yeah, folks say it's pointless, while others swear by it. I'm confused. :confused:

18. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    I can re-assure you to never go SLI and be happy about it
    - I had 580,680,780,980,1080GTX SLI and stopped there now using a 1080Ti and probably next a 3090 or 3080Ti but nothing less, the best choice is keeping your money they buy asap the next most powerful single gpu you can get
    - sli when it works which is almost never in 2020 introduces micro-stuttering making 140fps look worse than a smooth single gpu 80fps
    - win10 was supposed to make sli better and even allow mixed brands and models sli-like behavior, instead it buried dual cards making it work even less than it did
    - we went from some games not using the second card or losing fps to straight not launching if sli is enabled in the control panel
    - videocards nowadays throttle based on temperature, for sure the upper card will run slower and because synchro of the two cards is the huge problem that killed SLI and made it unusable for VR
    - sli requires a side fan blowing cold air between the two cards for good results unless you plan to hack a non-glass panel and put a 200mm fan there like I had for all those years on my corsair 750D forget about it

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  19. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    I never had microstuttering with 2-way SLI coz. Turning on V-sync/G-sync always got rid of the stuttering for me. And as for cooling, I'd always place leave a 2-slot gap between the cards and this worked fine for me. Always had good airflow too. Used a Coolermaster HAF X and later a Coolermaster Cosmos II.

As for game support, Nvidia tends to keep adding SLI profiles to AAA titles as they come. Sometimes it takes them a month or two but i usually don't buy PC games as soon as they come out so that by the time i do get around to buying them, the bugs are ironed out and an SLI profile has been dispatched.