NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 and 3080 Specifications Leak

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 28, 2020.

1. sbacchetta

sbacchetta Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Sorry, what I wanted to say is if the RT and ML part of the chip is responsible for a good chunk of the card TDP and are almost the same between the 3080 and 3090 this could explain the small diff in power usage between the card.

2. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Lets hope they release a 3070TI with doubled vram @16gb and around 200w power draw, i think that's the card for me.

Caesar likes this.
  3. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    This is the end for competition i feel sorry for amd atm, big navi might not be enough to beat this 3090 beast.
    Thats bad business for consumers because the price be premium, maximum effort needed now from amd if not, then these cards are almost unbuyble from nvidia because of the sky rocket prices.

4. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I don't need a 3090 equivalent. Give me a 3080 equivalent with solid ray tracing performance, more than 10GB of ram and less $$ than nvidia's 3080.

-Tj- and lukas_1987_dion like this.

5. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    I surely am glad they're getting away from the usual way of doing things for power delivery on the GPU's. I have always wanted the ability of the power limit to be the power supply and not the limitation of the GPU itself. I've always wanted to just keep it cool and turn it up to "11"!

That new video describing their ideals was cool as hell. I am interested as all hell in the PCB layout on these crazy ass "TRIPLE SLOT' monsters!! Needs me some photos NOW!!!

I don't care for stock cooling as I never have since my x850xt days. I am looking forward to the liquid blocks for these bad boys. Well these and AMD's newest offering when that is available of course.

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    If amd release a Navi cards with 16gb, comparable performance to 3080 it will kill it forcing nvidia to drop prices right of the bat or bring up the 3080 20gb ver sooner then they thought.

-Tj-, lukas_1987_dion and Serotonin like this.
  7. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Pretty sure 10gb will be enough for me. Probably will not even care to wait for 20gb version.

8. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I don't think the (rumored) price of the 3090 is justified based on the very anemic amount of RT titles available right now and complete lack of AAA PC exclusives, as well as some really bad port jobs we have been accustom to. Premium price should mean premium experience. The hobby just isn't in the same place it was, ironically when the hardware - at least gpu's, were much cheaper. Not for me. It's not about the money, it's about what I get for the money. For the rumored price, one can get both next gen consoles and be content for 5 years, no broken ports, plenty of exclusives, no upgrades, no hot drivers, and ray tracing out of the box.

sbacchetta likes this.
  9. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    The 3070 will likely be 256-bit bus*, so 8 or 16GB, I think that's how it works. 384-bit 12 or 24GB, 352-bit 11 or 22GB and so on. It has something to do with the make up of the chip, bus width, ROPS ect.

edit

*Says right there in the article, which I should have read before posting. :oops:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  10. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Hahahaha

Caesar likes this.

11. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Where is this whole rumor started from about a 20gb 3080? That would be a new behaviour from Nvidia if that's the case wouldn't it?

12. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    Perhaps the RT core will be the ticket but right now I don’t feel as bad about buying a 2070s for a little under $500 USD as I thought I was going to.

13. ACEB

ACEB Member Guru

GPU:
    Its as expected, plenty of head room for Super and TI variants which will make the initial 3080 and 3090 rip offs just like the 2080 was

14. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE

There were 4GB GTX 670, 680 and 770 but I don't think those were reference cards.

15. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    8gb of old memory for the 3070!? thats killed my hype off.

Looks like they doing the old trick of adding another top end card number (the 90) and nerfing midrange cards again, bet they don't nerf the price's though.

16. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I think there was mention of an aftermarket card(s) getting double vram.
    Wishful thinking imo.

XenthorX likes this.
  17. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Yep same. Wait for Super for 10GB+ or pay the premium for the 3080. I haven't decided what to do yet as I know the prices are gonna be major turnoff too.

18. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Mediocre specs and huge tdp....

I'm sorry do you not know how this works? Do you think if the specs were higher...the tdp would magically lower?

You literally just insulted it for being too powerful, hence the high tdp, while also insulting it for not being powerful enough, for the tdp, as though you have a competing product to compare it to, showing this. Which, obviously...you do not....

19. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    Nvidia have had a reputation of being much more power efficient than AMD for a long time now, or is it the other way around and AMD cards having legendary power requirements. I feel this started with the 290/X and for sure Vega didn't help. Polaris, while being a budget champion, also had fairly high power demands considering the die size and overall spec, the same could be said about RDNA1 tbh. RDNA2 is apparently much improved in that regard.

20. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    FYI some AIB 3000 series have 3-4 8pin connectors.