Download: AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 20.8.3 drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    AMD just released a new fresh batch of drivers, the 3rd iteration of August driver offer support for Project CARS 3, Marvel’s Avengers, Fortnite as well as extended Vulkan support. There are also ...

Download: AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 20.8.3 drivers

Support For
    • Project CARS 3
    • Marvel’s Avengers
    • Fortnite™
      • Using AMD’s latest driver Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 edition 20.8.3, a Radeon™ RX 5700 XT GPU offers an average 12% better FPS performance in Fortnite™ (DX12) on the Epic setting, vs. the previous driver iteration, Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 edition 20.8.1.RS-340
    Added Vulkan Support
    • VK_EXT_extended_dynamic_state
      • This extension adds more dynamic states. This allows applications to reduce the need to recompile and bind pipeline state objects.
    • VK_EXT_private_data
      • This extension allows applications to store application-defined data in a 64-bit private data slot.
    • VK_EXT_image_robustness
      • This extension adds stricter requirements such that drivers return default RGBA values instead of undefined values for out-of-bounds reads. The number of components returned depends on the number of components present in the selected format.
    • VK_GOOGLE_user_type
      • This extension indicates the driver’s support for shader modules using the SPV_GOOGLE_user_type SPIR-V extension.
    Fixed Issues
    • Mortal Shell™ may experience a game or application crash when opening the inventory window in game.
    • Enabling HDR on some Radeon FreeSync 2 displays, may intermittently cause the display refresh rate to be forced to the FreeSync ranges minimum refresh rate during gameplay.
    • Surviving Mars™ may experience an application crash or hang at launch on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
    • eFootball PES 2020™ may experience an application crash at launch on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
    • Radeon Overlay may not be available or may fail to invoke on Hybrid Graphics system configurations when playing Hyper Scape™.
    • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive™ may experience intermittent stutter when some applications are running in the background such as third party matchmaking clients or Discord™.
    • YouTube playback may become frozen with Microsoft® Edge player and Chrome™ when played on an extended display on some AMD Ryzen™ 7 3000 series and AMD Ryzen™ 4000 series APU system configurations.
    Known Issues
    • Project CARS 3™ may experience mirror like corruption when using VR during game menus on GCN based Radeon graphics products.
    • Project CARS 3™ may experience performance issues when the Radeon Software performance metrics overlay is enabled.
    • Performance issues may be experienced when playing Horizon Zero Dawn™ on select Radeon Vega graphics.
    • With Radeon FreeSync enabled on Radeon RX 5000 series system configurations, task switching to another display or application may cause the display to flicker for a few moments.
    • Brightness flickering may be experienced on some VP9 video content playback through applications or web browsers on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics product system configurations.
    • Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
    • Performance Metrics Overlay and the Performance Tuning tab incorrectly report higher than expected idle clock speeds on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products. Performance and power consumption are not impacted by this incorrect reporting.
    • With HDR enabled, Windows® desktop may experience flickering, and performing a task switch while in a game may cause colors to become washed out or over saturated.
    • Audio may experience instability when connected through an Audio Video Receiver via HDMI® on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
    • Modifying the HDMI Scaling slider may cause FPS to become locked to 30.
    • Some games may exhibit stutter intermittently during gameplay on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
    • AMD will continue to monitor and investigate any new reports of black screen or system hang issues during extended periods of gameplay closely. Users are encouraged to use the new Bug Reporting Tool for any issues they may encounter.

2. zheega

zheega Active Member

GPU:
    RX6800XT
    Recent updates seem a bit underwhelming TBH

Direfield and itpro like this.
  3. BlitzTown

BlitzTown Member Guru

What does Added Vulkan Support do for us?

4. zheega

zheega Active Member

GPU:
    RX6800XT
    Nothing if the game doesn't support those new Vulcan extensions.

5. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Many issues as always. Much more non mentioned. I await for 20.9.1 Whql to decide if I go nvidia or stay amd. I've had enough!!!

6. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Those newly supported extensions are also used by DXVK ;)

7. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Just futureproofing for games which will be released with vulkan api and using these instructions or if already available vulkan games in patch will receive these instructions.

8. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    And have you checked the NVidia list of issues, mentioned and unmentioned? Serious question, considering you could switch and still have issues.

GSDragoon and OnnA like this.
  9. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    NVidia doesn't post most of the known issues and bans people from their GeForce forums for stating obvious bugs... so.... you might never get a full list..... BUT I also need to add that they are normally a little bit quicker on releasing critical hot fixes for truly game breaking bugs.... But yeah.... grass is not greener (or -- not always) on the green side.

HD64G and GSDragoon like this.
  10. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I can't wait for you to go NVIDIA.

11. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    I cannot wait to finally use hdr properly and gpu scaling for older games. As you guys here are blind and disabled fans of amd you demand me to not enjoy my high end monitor due to bugs caused by amd drivers. Get a hold of yourselves.

It's funny that I have to apologize to you because my 650€ monitor is not working properly because of amd incompetence, it's more expensive than a mere 5700xt. But I know, I have to blame windows 10 and monitor right? Amd is good. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  12. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Anyone else having crashes on Control?
    I can play for like 20 seconds after loading the save, but it just CTD's with no errors

Faulting application name: Control_DX12.exe, version: 0.0.342.3783, time stamp: 0x5f33d693
    Faulting module name: rl_rmdwin10_f.dll, version: 0.0.342.3783, time stamp: 0x5f33d4b7
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x000000000002df70
    Faulting process id: 0x337c
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d67cd3a5d9091e
    Faulting application path: H:\Clients\Epic Store Games\Control\Control_DX12.exe
    Faulting module path: H:\Clients\Epic Store Games\Control\rl_rmdwin10_f.dll

That's the event log.

13. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Did you use DDU or factory reset during setup? Perhaps shaders need a cleanup or something?

14. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    Still no H.A.G.S then what was the point of AMD teasing it then just totally forgetting about it

itpro likes this.
  15. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Yeah, always DDU and I clean also the DirectX shaders cache that Windows itself makes.

I will clown around tomorrow.
    Now that I think of it, I think I didn't restart after the installation... Since with my card for some reason it doesn't ask to.
    Might be that.

16. kaz050

kaz050 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 FTW RGB
    Well you know if your dropping that kind of money on a monitor go nvidia. p.s make sure to add in the new power supply needed.

17. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    My monitor it's freesync 2 premium pro certified and it isn't that great on amd system. Was it my fault to trust amd on this? They must improve.

I await two months since my purchase for fixes.

In the end xbox series x will have zero issues and if I buy rdna2 gpu I could encounter those issues I have now. Tell me, how can I trust amd? Why xbox one x is perfect with Amd hardware?

Well now, "I know". People here blame VA panels and Windows 10. Amd has great drivers "for all".

18. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    What problem are you having? I assume it has to do with freesync?

19. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I left NV because my GTX1070 wouldn't do HDR properly. There was no gamma change. None. And the colors were simply oversaturated SDR colors. Then I got a 5700XT, and viola! I got a proper HDR picture, with full gamma exposure. (Monitor is a BenQ EW3270U)

Also, GSync Compatible mode was iffy as heck. To it's credit, it was more stable and functional on my Samsung monitor, but not perfect either. Had to play games with exclusive mode to get things to work on both.

20. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    There is no Perfect side, guys -> move on :cool:

* Performance issues may be experienced when playing Horizon Zero Dawn™ on select Radeon Vega graphics.

Oh my :eek:

I assume that this one is a Beta....