NVIDIA Posts teaser on YouTube, Talks GeForce RTX 30 design, PCB and 12-pin connector

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Michal Turlik 21

Michal Turlik 21 Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080Ti
    NVIDIA wants to fall this time with a 3 slot design. They could make cards a bit longer instead of making them fatter. Good luck you green guys.

2. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    the power connector really piss me off. no one wants ugly adapters.

3. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    what i m really interested and i did not see leaks around is, what the architecture offers? Is this a turing with more shaders and more transistors? or is there something really new?

4. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    5 days 7 hours and 4mins until we find out :)

Maddness likes this.

5. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I hope this was sarcastic..... like if not, wow.

6. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Well, yeah. I made some assumptions. If the connector is 300W capable, it matches exactly two 8-pin PCIe power connectors. It can't be any less than two 8-pin connectors in that sense. Of course it could be more, but that might be a bit pointless, plus some experts in the other thread called such a solution dubious.

7. ruthan

ruthan Master Guru

GPU:
    G1070 MSI Gaming
    You are right that bigger card cards means, bigger heatsinks and it means better cooling, im skeptic to that because, in the past, bigger cards were usually disaster.. and its reference design, if would buy it.. i would prefer 2 slots non reference smaller card, because i need to actually use my PCI-E slots not to cover them, unless big towers and bigger mbs than atx will become more frequent. I personally would not mind to buy some 10 or so full PCI-E slots MBs, because i constantly have not enough slots problems and it would need more PCI-E lines too, so far on Intel side only workstation level MBs have enough PCI-E lines.