Holy Cow, Enterprise Drivers vs AMD Adrenalin drivers, check this out.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by MyEinsamkeit, May 29, 2020.

1. bobblunderton

bobblunderton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2070 Super 8gb
    Having a spare if you're able to is always a good idea if you enjoy computing or cannot afford / don't want much downtime. In this internet-everything world, you almost require it today.
    Just a clarification if needed here: The black screen / driver panics and resets were observed on both fresh and upgraded systems with no overclocks chosen or otherwise used.
    You're welcome for the info.

2. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Yea Adrenaline drivers won't work, already 5min into a game and whole laptop locked up and restarted.

I'll install the drivers you mention and see if that works better. :)

3. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    Yea see if they work, if not, read below, even though the ones below are much older

Well keep in mind you do have a older card, so maybe certain drivers only work.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  4. 386SX

386SX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil

5. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    386SX likes this.
  6. I'm troubleshooting issues with my RX 580s in this thread here: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/n...ently-any-other-troubleshooting-steps.433841/

I've been comparing the 19.Q4.1 enterprise drivers, and the 20.8.2 gaming drivers. One odd issue I have is that with the latest 20.8.2 drivers, OCCT's video memory test only allocates 4GB of VRAM, and crashes the driver within 1-3 seconds; not an issue on the 19.Q4.1 enterprise drivers.

robnitro likes this.
  7. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    Well things has change on my end, i made this thread when i was using my RX 570, i recently bought a Radeon Pro WX 7100 ( photos shown ), but then just a few days ago i bought two Radeon Pro W5500's , which i am using now. Its the best card and most powerful out of the 570 and WX 7100.

So on that note, i stopped using the 19.Q4.1, there's a new set of drivers Enterprise 20.Q.3)
    https://drivers.amd.com/drivers/prographics/win10-radeon-pro-software-enterprise-20.q3-aug12.exe

They out performed the 19.q4.1 and any other enterprise driver in performance. There's only one issue though on my end, Watch dogs 2 works perfectly right, but when i use relive or any recording program, the game starts to freeze every few seconds/stuttering. That's only with my W5500. Other than that, 20.q.3 are the best and most fastest enterprise drivers. Here's one benchmark i did you see the difference in gears tactics compared to the ones from the first page.

Attached Files:

8. I just tried out 20.q3-aug12 and it has the same OCCT VRAM-related issue as 20.8.2.

9. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    Well guess 19.q4.1 is the best to use for now. :) Its good for 570's and 580's.

10. JustNabus

JustNabus New Member

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    So what driver would you recommend for gaming on a rx580 ?

11. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    Adrenalin 20.8. or or the newest enterprise 20.Q.3.

Now keep a few things in mind, i only have a RX 570. I ran tests before i received my Pro W5500 card. I also ran tests with that card as well.
    I get better performance with the Enterprise 20.Q.3 with the 570 RX, and Radeon WX 7100, and w5500 vs the previous Enterprise drivers and vs the 20.8 Adrenalin drivers.
    So ATM i recommend on your end first trying out the 20.Q.3 , but see what sort of performance in gaming, etc you have with the 20.8. Because on my end, I'm getting better fps using the 20.Q.3.

On my W5500 i am getting freezing every 2-5 seconds when i use relive recording though, that's only with the 20.q3 and the previous enterprise drivers, but i don't have this problem using 20.q.3. I just perfer to use the 20.Q.3 because overall i get better fps.

12. gabsvm

gabsvm Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8gb
    How much is the fps diference?

13. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    I can do some benchmarks with a few games, be back later. :) But whatever driver you're using now, if its working good, keep using it. Also keep in mind, I don't have a RX 580. I'm only using a W5500 right now. Its my main card. But you can go by those results 20.8 vs 20.q3. again be back later.

gabsvm likes this.
  14. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    Update i recently tested 3 games 20.8.3 Adrenalin vs 20.Q3. The Enterprise 20.Q3 are faster than the 20.8.3 drivers as expected. Here are some benchmarks:

Wildlands Max settings 1080p / Gear Tactics / Sleeping Dogs. You can see the difference, the 20.Q3 is faster. I only have a problem with recording / relive in Watch dogs 2 for some reason. There is a new driver 20.Q3.1 that came out yesterday, but the performance is worse than 20.Q3. So the 20.Q3 is faster overall. Pictures are from 20.8.3 drivers Adrenalin

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    itpro and gabsvm like this.
  15. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    Pictures are from Enterprise 20.Q3 . I only tested those 3 games for benchmarks, but other games work just fine as well. I do want to point out, i have tested the enterprise drivers on all my cards RX 580, R7 260 OC, W5500 , WX 7100, vs the Adrenalin ones, the enterprise drivers always were better in performance. The Adrenalin ones are good though, just not as fast as the enterprise.

Attached Files:

itpro and gabsvm like this.

16. gabsvm

gabsvm Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8gb
    Thanks for so much testing mate. Gonna install 20.Q3. They have wattman too? Btw, you do any bcdedit tweak or leave windows totally default? I have clean installed 2004.

17. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    I have a fresh install of Windows 10 as well with my new computer, i always use these
    Classic Start menu
    Disable Gamebar completely everywhere
    Turn on developer mode
    Kill-Searchui (reg file)
    Classic Task Manager
    Disable Windows Denfender Security Center (reg file)
    Restore Windows photo viewer(win7)
    Turn off Windows Denfender Antivirus (reg file)

That's it. I also never OC my CPU or GPU, ever. default/stock.

As for Wattman , I'm using workstation GPUs, Whatever its my WX 7100 or the card i am using now Radeon Pro W5500, wattman is not present. I don't think the enterprise drivers have Wattman, even when using them on a RX 570 or 580, but im not sure. I can check though, unless someone else have them install and can see.

If you haven't install them yet and want me to check, let me know ASAP. Just gotta finish up my second computer, which should only take an hour.

18. gabsvm

gabsvm Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8gb
    How you disable gamebar? Whats the difference with Classic Task Manager? I disable Windows Defender always, already done it. If you can, check Wattman please. I only downloaded the drivers so far.

19. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    Will get back to you about wattman soon.
    you disable gamebar from the settings/ gaming settings from personalize. But also you can disable it by
    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-and-remove-game-bar-windows-10-creators-update

I don't think you completely disable gamebar though, some stuff still shows up , but by disabling it from gamebar in every settings or from the link , it does help.
    Classic task manager, i just like the older windows 7 look better than windows 10, that's all. anyways be back soon about the wattman.

20. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    I can't check wattman on my rx 570 right now, just install it and see if its there, but from when i was using my 570 and enterprise drivers i don't remember seeing, but you're using the new amd ui so it might be there.

gabsvm likes this.