Sony PlayStation 5

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by tsunami231, Apr 16, 2019.

1. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I don't think the 360 even had hdmi at it launch if i remember correctly, just a HD component cable connection. Ha

2. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I bought a vga converter to play my original 360 on my at the time, CRT monitor. Man has crap changed in just two console cycles lol

The Phoenix likes this.
  3. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I actually bought one of the few slimfit HD 1080i CRT tv that was avalible at the time, a Samsung, it came with component and one HDMI at the back so i could have both the PS3 and the 360 for 720p/1080i.....and let me tell you, the weight was something else, i mean it was heavy, and i have lifted 6 feet concrete sleepers with another 7 guys, but this was the heavest tv i have ever come across, it was a nightmare, even the hulk would have asked for help moving it. lol

That god those bad old days are gone.lol

Serotonin likes this.
  4. Damn, I'm still waiting for the PS5 design to grow on me. But at this point, I wouldn't even refrain from calling it completely ugly. Especially the one with BD reader.

Serotonin likes this.

5. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I wasn't all that excited for the PS5 until I saw GT7 in action. Now I can't wait.

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    prices have been released already? cause far as i can tell they have not

7. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Rumors more than anything. It's obvious by looking at the PS5 controller that it's not going to be cheap.

8. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    The rumors suggest $499 for PS5 w/ disc and $399 for digital only edition.
    Same pricing for Xbox series X models.

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    by the look of ps5 and size it look like it gona be huge and heavy, I would love it if they take the damn psu brick out of the system though. that along will reduce thermals and and there for fan speeds less, that was actual solved this time around. I can only hope the resolved the coil whine issue the pro is plagued by

The time i hear coil whine that bad was when I bought lesser brand (ECS) of gpu 660 simply cause it use actual Artic cooling hsf solution. that card had soo much coil whine I pack it up replace it twice before i said nope. and I went back EVGA brand and got 660gtx and no coil whine. I can deal with Fan noise so long as NOT louder then my ps4 fan but coil whine is simply something I not willing to deal with, cause it messed with my tinnitus

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
    Ghosty likes this.
  10. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I truly feel so sorry for those that think they have got a bad PS4Pro, when mine is silent and awesome

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    There is no THINK majority of people know how loud the ps4/pro and how much like jet engine it sound when under load forget about the coilwhine it has. either your playing games dont put much load on the system or you ps4/pro is 10+ feet away from you or your nor running 4k? or you hit the lotto with ps4pro that has chip that actual runs much cooler then most cause no mater which fan you got there both loud under a full load

The pro was and still use no more quiter or louder then ps4 under full load, only diffrence is pro suffer from terrible coilwhine

I am glad you have quiet pro though, if I had one and I went threw all the models, and returned all them cause the terrible coil whine. and they were all no more quiter/louder then my ps4. I would kept pro IF some how found one with no coil whine. but seeing they all did it manufactured that way

XP-200 likes this.
  12. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    My setup has been known, and my model number; for a while now. Want me to hook up a microphone to it? Take a photograph? Get Sony to come over and verfiy it? How about if I were to fly Linus Media over to do a cross-atlantic video? Where is the line; what would you be happy with?

My PS4Pro is silent - deal with it. :)

13. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    COD:Cold War (standard edition) to cost $70 on console.

14. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Well not too long to wait now and we will be free of these noisy pros, and i am looking foward to ditching my Pro at this point, but that is a shame because it's the nice GOW limited edtion and i really like the design, but i would also like to use the pro for 4k gaming but can't because Sony went cheap, so as soon as the PS5 this pro is gone, and good riddence.

15. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    How much for your Pro ? I want to buy it from you, how much?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020

16. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    My pro is quiet. I know the coil whine you're talking about. I've heard it. Fortunately mine does not have it. The fans can get loud at full load, but no whine.

XP-200 likes this.
  17. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Xbox one x is more silent than ps4 pro. With ps5 design the same will happen versus Xbox series.

18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I would of love to have had pro that didnt have coil whine I would kept it, but seeing I could not find one after going threw 4 replaced and all the models, and what infuratiing bout the whine was it depend on the damn game too some game look amazing and had little no no whine, others look amazing but had so much whine it worse the fan noise. I just returned it and that money I was gona use for PRO has been repurposed to PS5

Serotonin and XP-200 like this.
  19. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    It was somewhat devious of Sony to fix these issues with the revised gamma 72xx pro chassis while keeping their head in the sand away from the 71xx chassis owners who were stuck with them, so i should be more annoyed at Sony that i am, but they got the VR thing right so they got one more "out of jail free" card for the PS5, but this better be a system that's so cool you could store Walt Disneys head inside one,(Yeah i referenced a 50 year old urban legend, sue me). :p lol

Serotonin likes this.
  20. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Fortunately my PS4 Pro is silent too, took a photo of the version model but can't find it, will have to take another one!