Television Discussion

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by stereoman, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Started watching this again; stuff is pretty great if you love comedy, baseball & especially Hank Azaria

2. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Here's a spinoff I did not see coming.
    The creator of American Horror Story is releasing a series with Nurse Ratched from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

3. I didn't expect this. Well, I guess a spinoff can be considered new. The trailer looks good

4. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    It got me interested. I saw some people in the comments complaining that this wasn't true to the original character or whatever but this is clearly more like comic book horror and in a very different vein than the movie.
    Plus Sarah Poulson is pretty much good in anything she does.

Some other cool news is 3 industry heavy hitters are developing a mobster show for Showtime:
    https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/...-brian-grazer-terence-winter-nicholas-pileggi

5. Which is funny considering the same people would complain it isn't original if it were done another way. Yeah, I agree on Sarah Paulson.

Man. If we get anything near as good as Boardwalk Empire from Terence Winter again I'll be pleased. Gosh that'd be fantastic. Not to mention I'm a fan of the other works mentioned in that article as well but Steve Buscemi was perfect in that.

6. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Agreed although I couldn't really care less about BB, only thing I found a bit jarring was the weird time jump that the last season of this show used.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  7. Yeah I did find myself thinking "wait where is Amanda Peet/Jules?" for at least 3 to 5 episodes aside from a good season.

8. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Lots of bored people.

9. Perhaps voice acting & projects such as Anime won’t be as impacted (still will be) but not as much as live action? I am curious if certain things can be done remote?

Edit:

Also HBO recently began running a Perry Mason remake

10. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    I finished the show, but I always thought it was held back by the writing. It wasn't bad per se just uneven, and sometimes down right mediocre. Everything else was pretty great though.

Also Fargo is coming back in September :D
    https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/fargo-season-4-premiere-date-fx-2-1234730391/

Deleted member 213629 likes this.

11. :):cool::cool:

12. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
  13. Size_Mick

Size_Mick Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 8GB
    If you guys are getting totally bored with what's on tv, can I recommend you watch the old BBC series "Connections"? It's a brilliant show, albeit a bit Anglo-centric, and frankly I'd be a little surprised if a lot of you haven't seen it yet. But if you haven't, good news! It's on Wayback Machine for free now:

https://archive.org/details/ConnectionsByJamesBurke

DannyD likes this.
  14. Thanks for this; I'd wondered if "Connected" was inspired by this - not that it's as good. This is much better.

EDIT: Christ the British do great television..

Size_Mick likes this.
  15. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Yeah but we also do utter gash like Gogglebox and Married at First sight on the flipside have been watching this

in between rewatching the first season of The Boys in prep for Season 2 starting next month.

16. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Just watched the last ever episode of Agents of Shield, yes I was one of the few that stuck with it from the start. Got to say I was really dis-appointed with the way the show ended.

Not withstanding avoiding everything that happened in Infinity War and End Game for the entire seasons length not a mention not even an off handed remark they then turn round and use the Quantum Realm to resolve their issue using time travel, only they again don't mention or hint in the slightest how Fitz came up with the tech. Remember in that the tech needed the combined knowledge of Hank Pimm, Bruce Baner and Tony Stark to make it a workable time travel device yet either Fitz came up with a parallel version of the tech all by himself or they just chose to not mention how he came up with the tech. It went out of it's way to not mention anything from the movies.

Ignoring the struggle to not reference the movies the ending was pretty bad anyway. They brought the bad guys fleet with them through the quantum realm to beat them in their own time line by making them feel empathy...??? Then Daisy uber explodes all their ships in an act of sacrifice only to some how survive the explosion as well as being exposed to space and then they all go their separate ways for no real reason and live happily ever after.

The last season was good, nice time travel premise but the ending felt rushed, poorly thought out and wasted the foreshadowing that Kora made throughout the season.

17. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Lucifer fan here, new season available on Netflix and it's top notch as usual. Love the cast, love the acting, characters, love it all.

18. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Nice! fellow Lucifer fan here, will finish up with Doom Patrol first then start on this.

XenthorX likes this.
  19. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Never heard of Doom Patrol, is it on Netflix/Prime ?

Oh it's Syfy, doubt i can se it in France

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
  20. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    I am watching it through Amazon Prime. Think odd ball DC fourth tier super hero series. Been pretty good so far.

XenthorX likes this.