Download: AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 20.8.2 drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 17, 2020.

1. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    I stopped modding games since I became a developer. Creators need some credit and respect, gamers should just hatch their eggs. You enjoy it? Good. I play tons of other games on PC, meanwhile fight drivers to play some mere football/soccer. Me? I enjoy it in my Xbox One X as is. :cool:

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    this looks like a horrible driver for flight sim on Vega's.

3. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    Casual

4. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    What projects are you working on?

itpro likes this.

5. BlitzTown

BlitzTown Member Guru

What diver supports gpu scheduling support?

6. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    20.5.1 HWS driver

Undying likes this.
  7. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    looks like mid 30's at 1440p on 5700 xt DX11.
    What I don't understand is where is DX12? I'm sure I saw this game on DX12.

8. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    I work on a game you all gonna play addictively before 2025 and you await it since you finished its predecessor in 2011.

OnnA likes this.
  9. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I have not had any on RX 5700 XT. And now I have none on RX-580. People have a lot of software issues.Some of them have unstable system memory. Some corrupted data on system drive.
    Some weeks ago when I flashed newest BIOS, I went again into testing phase and looking for high memory clock and low latency settings... AS expected, I got minor corruption on drive. One of funny tests of ram is to run file validation on steam. When you load 40GB of data and it fails validation, you have good indication that something is not right.
    System drive corruption broke something required for AMD drivers installation and while driver got into place and radeon software did work, installation reported failure.
    I used USB OS upgrade method from system which enables user to keep data, that fixed it.

So, when I subtract issues user caused, everything between driver and graphics HW is just fine.
    Well, I mostly wait for good MMORPG. And they are almost always failing hard.
    But Here are games from 2011 which do not have sequel, but I would like to play. (Most fun I had 1st. ):
    Alice: Madness Returns
    WH 40K: Space Marine
    Portal 2
    Elder Scrolls

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
    HD64G and itpro like this.
  10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I'm not talking about the framerate, but yes thats bad too.

The clockrate of the gpu is all over the place.

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    If it works per-profile locking the p6 state as minimum should work although it can be done globally too but then the card won't clock down to the less active and idle states below the 3D and boost states. (6 and 7 or whatever they are actually named.)
    Still just a workaround though, curious to hear it affecting Vega as well when Navi is the one that gets all sensitive to CPU load and GPU workload with the game being able to push most systems to their limits but maybe that's a good thing and keeps clock speeds at near max as a result?

VII must work pretty well here if AMD's doing a good job supporting it, has the VRAM at least compared to the other 8 GB variants although Flight Simulator 2020 should be pretty scalable and as long as the metrics for predicted RAM and VRAM usage isn't too inaccurate scaling some of the extras down to keep within limit should avoid stuttering and framerate drops and the like if that's a problem too for how demanding the game can be.
    (20+ GB RAM usage, 2080Ti GPU not being enough at higher settings so yeah it's demanding but from what I've seen it should also be very configurable and hopefully thus also scalable to current systems.)

Odd to hear it's D3D11 though was expecting D3D12 and a later update for ray tracing which I assume will be airplane reflections though more would be nice but I don't know if it'd be very doable on current hardware.

EDIT: Wattman can be a bit of a hassle to configure at times and when overrides kick in from profiles or globally and whatever works, alt-tab and load the profile in mid-game and hope it doesn't crash heh.
    (Well it's probably not that bad, hopefully.)

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    D3D12 support is coming later.

13. Rootax

Rootax Member Guru

GPU:
    3090 MSI Suprim X
    Here it's rtss which is not smooth. Maybe it depends on the engine... But I had 0 problem with frtc... So right now I'm ok with chill, but I wonder too why they removed frtc. Maybe they consider chill good enough and don't have ressources to spare for that.

14. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I think they found FRTC to be redundant, so they incorporated it into Chill.

HD64G and Rootax like this.
  15. GamerBoyManuel16

GamerBoyManuel16 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Any update from AMD regarding hardware scheduling support in the future?

16. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Do you really need it? What do you expect? Magically 100% boost on FPS? HAGS is almost meaningless at its current state. You will never turn a 30fps game into 60fps with it enabled. People just stop demanding it like something impressive and wow factor. Neither it will vanish stuttering issues.

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Probably only for rdna and rdna2 cards anyway.

18. GamerBoyManuel16

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Sad :(
    ik that it doesn't do much right now in terms of performance but it's really sad as nvidia seems to also support their older cards (10000 series) while amd seems to drop vega?

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    From benchmarks i saw it didnt do much on their 1000 or 2000 series when it comes to framerate so dont be sad. I was bummed there will no Polaris support (probably) but its time to upgrade anyway. ;)

HD64G and GamerBoyManuel16 like this.
  20. GamerBoyManuel16

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT

I'm really curious about the upcoming gpus from both amd and nvidia + i'm curious how amd's launch will be like in terms of drivers and problems :D