Better Tear Control Policies, Game Capture, and GPU Improvements

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Erick, Feb 15, 2019.

1. N1ghtWalker

N1ghtWalker Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970
    Well, I had more time today and decided to test. But when loading to enter the game, it goes down! I copied everything in the documents except the one in red.

2. ne0x

ne0x Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Reset the EFT profile back to defaults and try again: In case you don't know-how:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  3. N1ghtWalker

N1ghtWalker Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970
    @ne0x ok, I'll try! Thank you!

4. Erick

Erick Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB
    NVIDIA invested into ReShade now, so I'm hoping that it's on the Battleeye's whitelist. When used with GeForce Experience, the shaders are amazing.

5. alzajibrani

alzajibrani Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 Ti/6Gb
    good day eric, made this account on this forum special want to say thanks for your guide & setting (also thanks to CHEF-KOCH make me know all the stuff and your setting)
    i have some question, how to reduce/remopve input lag on game when using gamepad?
    i have problem with input lag on play PES 2020 online.

i want to lock the FPS to 60 (im using 144hz monitor) so in Nvidia Cpanel setting i try this :
    low latency - ultra
    refresh rate - higest avaible
    vsync - fast
    max prerender - 1

i disable vsync in game also.

but feel input lag still in there. hope u can give advice. many thanks!

6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    set your refresh to 60Hz, and these settings

low latency - On
    refresh rate - application controlled
    vsync - fast

7. alzajibrani

alzajibrani Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 Ti/6Gb
    many thanks CPC_RedDawn
    so i set refresh to 60Hz using Nvi Cpanel ?
    will try that settings........

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
  8. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Well yea, unless you have a gsync or freesync monitor you are trying to run a game at 60fps but your screen is refreshing 144 times a second (144hz) this can cause stutter, tearing, or a jerky feeling in games you try to run at lower fps than your refresh rate.

If PES allows you to select your refresh rate in game options just set it there to 60hz, otherwise yes set it in control panel but remember to switch it back when finished playing.

Then make a game profile in control panel for PES and set low latency mode ON (ultra is not needed and can cause more stutter but maybe worth a try). Then set vsync to fast, this allows the game to render as many frames as it can and will work well with low latency mode as any frames that exceed your set refresh rate get dropped keeping you locked at 60fps and doesn't cause tearing.

9. alzajibrani

alzajibrani Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 Ti/6Gb
    after test for one week, the input latency its very good, i dont have input lag in game anymore. small problem is sometimes game tearing in a match for a maybe 3 second, but no problem for me.

and again, thanks @CPC_RedDawn for your suggestion and help.

CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  10. zais101

zais101 Member

GPU:
    2070s
    salaam, thanks for nice guide, the preset are optimized for dual monitor is it?, any recomended setting for single 120hz 1080 and single gpu, thanks

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020

11. Blanky

Blanky Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 SUPERXTrio
    Hello, I find it very interesting to meet your guide but I have some doubts.
    1- Establish a frame limit in the controller and also in RTSS? I always thought that using only one limiter would avoid conflicts, apart from limiting 2 times in nvidia inspector?

2- In my case I use Gsync compatible so fastsync is not viable with gsync, I have always heard in this forum that it is limited below the monitor frequency so as not to fall into the vsync cap and its input delay

3-Last question if my screen is 60 hz in inspector I put 60 in v3?

PS: I'm sorry for so many doubts, your guide has brought me a lot of interest, because whatever I do, I always suffer from stuttering (sorry for my bad english).

12. NaughtyDog

NaughtyDog Guest

GPU:
    RTX2080Ti
    Im suuuper stoked! to see your new work especially the modifications you've done to the shader cache. Great Work and keep it up @Erick