Battlefield 2042

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, May 29, 2020.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    It's intentional, they want as much of the bulk of players to jump onto the next release as quickly as possible.

I mean they updated Battlefield 4 with the only purpose of the update being to advertise Battlefield 5 by forcing everyone starting Battlefield 4 to watch a full screen advertisement for 5, this is when I stopped playing 4 and uninstalled Origin altogether, I have zero tolerance for such a thing.

Same with Mod support, they no longer support Mods because it prolongs the life span of a title, they don't want that, they want you on the next thing when they say jump stupid.

Keno34, XenthorX and BetA like this.
  2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Saw the video Corrupt shared as well. Has good points, although I don't fully agree.
    But long story short, as always (to save people 20 minutes of time watching the video), management fcked it up. :D

"Daddy, what game's 'Battlefield'?"
    "Battlefield's dead baby... Battlefield's dead."
    *rides chopper off to buy PSN / Xbox live cards to be able to play Fortnite with the latest skin*

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    XenthorX likes this.
  3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    This thread made me feel nostalgic thinking about past bf games and then I remembered I have Battlefield 2 on Steam so instead of fishing for my cd version just do that and have a bit of fun fighting the bots, then I clicked the store page link while it was downloading to see if what I have on steam has the dlc included and it just goes to the front steam page...... the game has been removed from Steam, only those that own it, well.. still have it, then noticed there is no top image for Battlefield 2, just blank with "Battlefield 2".... sigh.... says a lot about how much EA actually cares about video games.

[​IMG]

4. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    ^ didn't they give it away for free on Origin some time ago? I believe I have it on origin even though it was around way before origin.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I have no idea, I purchased it.......checks steam..... December 25 of 2010.. xD

fantaskarsef likes this.
  6. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    hehe still bought mine in a box :D

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Same, hehe.. I forget my thought process as to why I got it again, it must have been cheap so I just got it just because.

[​IMG]

fantaskarsef likes this.
  8. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I still have Bad Company 2 on Steam though.

DocStr4ngelove and KissSh0t like this.
  9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    What would be really cool is if EA put Battlefield 2 back on Steam and to enable the steam workshop / mods for it, same with 2142, Vietnam, 1942... have Steam handle the servers for it.. It will never happen, but hey, one can dream.

Screw gamespy.

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB

11. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    it says, its archived...
    Isnt this the Download?

https://www.moddb.com/mods/extreme-singleplayer-mini-mod/downloads/extreme-singleplayer-sf-2th-beta

or is this a diff. file?

Best Regards^^

edit:

here are some links..

i have no clue how legit this site here is, so caution is adviced^^
    https://www.lonebullet.com/mods/g/battlefield-2-mods-6592.htm?q=Extreme+Singleplayer+mini-mod

and here:
    https://www.gamewatcher.com/mods/battlefield-2-mod/extreme-singleplayer-1-25-core

https://www.gamewatcher.com/mods/battlefield-2-special-forces-mod/extreme-singleplayer-sf-beta-2

I did not test if the links are working...

aaaand, it could be also still here somewhere.. gosh, this site still exists^^

https://www.gamefront.com/games/battlefield-2/category/modifications-9

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
    KissSh0t likes this.
  12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    This is the one that is missing https://www.moddb.com/mods/extreme-singleplayer-mini-mod/downloads/extreme-singleplayer-final

---

This one https://www.gamewatcher.com/mods/battlefield-2-mod/extreme-singleplayer-1-25-core

Links to this https://www.moddb.com/mods/extreme-singleplayer-mini-mod/downloads/extreme-singleplayer-final

Which has been removed :<

No problem though, I ended up finding some other cool looking ones.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  13. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    One of the best shooters ive ever played on pc. The environment, the chars and the sound was awesome. Story was kinda off. MP rocked as well.

We need a BC3.

fantaskarsef and Kolt like this.
  14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    BC1 remaster for PC, then BC3!

DocStr4ngelove and Kolt like this.
  15. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I would definitely be down for that, especially if they implemented the movement system and feel of BF5. My biggest problem with going back to older BF games is the archaic movement and feel of those games. BF5 really did a great job in that regard.

16. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    They could do what CoD did and sell the BC3 collectors edition with a BC1 remaster for 100 bucks. I'd def pay that. xD

17. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    The movement is good since bf1, while bf4 had decent movement

18. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    While I agree it has gotten better in time, it's not as good as they have it in BF5. Movement and 'feel' is one thing they nailed in BF5. All I'm saying is that I really hope they keep improving on that. Older games (and not just the BF series) tend to have very clunky movement and it's one thing I actually appreciate about modern games.

Dragam1337 and ramthegamer like this.
  19. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
  20. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    I just hope this doesn't mean 'more MTC and pay2win DLC than ever before'. Really hope they learned their lesson with SW Battlefront2. That and the gender politics and all the buggy gameplay of BF5.

They have A LOT to fix with this title, otherwise BF series is dead. My opinion. Hope i'm wrong though, i abs loved BF2 & 3 and BC1 & 2. Among the best shooters i've ever played.

JUST DO ANOTHER BF3 WITH TODAYS GFX !!! It's not exactly rocket science is it :D