Mass Effect is not dead?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by mbk1969, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    It's always difficult to convey emotions through just written text and sarcasm is sometimes really difficult. That being said, it was clear sarcasm.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    bioware also needs project managers that will keep things on track.

not one not two but near three titles at bioware were by all accounts ever increasingly out on their own, inquisition was a mess by all account people amazed any game came out of that chaos, anthem was 2 years of thumb twiddling and ideas spinning and zero work done, and andromeda was that PLUS people not knowing what they are doing and destroying work.

noone cared to keep people on page. a proper project manager, director, EA would come in expecting some work or game and the peeps at bioware cobble together bullshot trailers and "games" cobbled together in about 20 months with about 2 years of nada where they were supposed to be working towards a product.

when the big guns left either bioware were lucky as hell or those people were carrying the load prior.

sure better writers and the animations of andromeda were the result of trashing the ones made, whoops backups ftw one file and done stuff? server space that tight at bioware?

i will marvel if they can fix this corporate train wreck.

3. mmm ok yeah I can never always tell in straight-up text...

4. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    It was sarcasm and a joke (albeit I am socially awkward irl), and I thought it was obvious enough to leave out the "/s". Also, how am I "acting anal" lately?

5. hehe my bad

6. emperorsfist

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Oh, well. No biggie.

7. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    i forgot another important thing. i hope they will come to their senses and release the damn
    thing with every DLC included in one installation. at least every story-based DLC, and maybe
    leave the armor packs\weapon packs\resource gathering DLC's optional.

and probably a long shot.. release it on Steam please.

8. emperorsfist

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    EA is selling all of the ME games on Steam now (even if 3 requires Origin). Making it a compilation with all DLCs is (usually) a given with remasters.

coc likes this.
  9. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    i don't know with those guys. every dumb little thing they will try to do with the ME trilogy will piss me off. because i love ME so
    damn much.

emperorsfist likes this.
  10. emperorsfist

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Sure, but at this point you'd better aim your fears at Bioware itself. No EA meddling led to the dialogue, characters and story of ME: Andromeda, nor did it lead to the crash of Anthem (if anything EA only forced Bioware to.implement the flying mechanic, which is the only thing everyone seems to genuinely like about that game).

11. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
  12. Yeah I... (just dumb moment my end) totally misread something in another thread sorry bud I seriously need to pay better attention lol
    • Back on track, so one thing I find interesting is the few comments here & there mentioning the different EA/Bioware studio that did Andromeda as opposed to the norm so Dragon Age Inquisition could be finished. Hopefully, this will deter the outcome as well for a future release date & the quality of product. Just thinking out loud here..
    The video is good but certain aspects of game mechanics that are attributed to ME1 in the beginning of it are not unique to ME1 & were already established and existing in games.

13. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070

Backstabak and coc like this.
  14. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    these videos\news that started around July made me stop playing in the middle of Omega DLC. there i was in my who knows what number play-trough talking to Aria and a lot of information started to come online. so i hope EA\Bioware realize that Aria is waiting for me in Omega.. i don't think she likes messing around.. bring the trilogy this year please, or else something bad is gonna happen. on a personal note.. i don't think my wife will also like me talking about some Asari chick called Aria like that. lol.

mbk1969 likes this.
  15. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I guess your wife does not know that Aria prefers females of our species.

coc likes this.

16. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    nope. only thing she remembers about Mass Effect in general is probably me almost breaking the keyboard and screaming on my screen after finishing Andromeda. i keep my trilogy runs to myself mostly.

mbk1969 likes this.
  17. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Not sure what to feel about a potential remaster. It will benefit console players the most I guess. I played 1 & 2 for the first time since 3's release with mods earlier in the year and I don't think EA will come close to matching the upgraded textures, lighting and upscaled videos. I hope they fix some of the bugs like 2 having crashing issues in Illium if the Liara dlc is installed and implement weapon holstering in 3 since the current and new consoles have plenty of memory to accommodate the animation :p

18. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    true, but i feel some things in the game-play\gun-play in the first Mass Effect needs to improve. the game aged on that area no so well compared to its big brothers,
    and i would love to see a less clunky combat \ better movement in the first game.

19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah the combat aged pretty badly. The inventory system, especially for all the weapon mods, needs to be streamlined too. Deciding which ones to turn into omni gel was a pain later in the game.

20. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    ... comparing to its little brothers