Rumor: GeForce RTX 3090 Pricing To Sit at $2000

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    If amd can make big navi fast and stable on software [drivers] i might buy one if its faster then 3090. Also nvidia need some competition to lower there prices, they can go as high as possible for a few years now in the high-end market.

2. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    yikes if that's true

3. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    Hahaha, yep. It's Basswood and Maple, but it is well made and plays like a champ. Surprisingly good for the money. I have another one I paid $149 for and it is better than my old $1000 Ibanez I had back in the day. No kidding. It's the black SG copy in this video.

Seriously though, I realize the cost is more R&D, but these prices the last few years are just straight up gouging. There's no justification. $3-400 for the low end cards? Yea, no!

4. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 6800XT OC
    Calm your T.I.T.S. people...
    There's no way NV can price the new generation so high, especially considering the really bad shape the world is in right now.

Those prices are simply placeholders.

There is no "rumor" here.

5. ruthan

ruthan Master Guru

GPU:
    G1070 MSI Gaming
    Geforce 2 launch price - 300$ was rigth and there where very cheap and good Geforce 2MX with performance previous generation flagship for almost nothing..

6. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    Remember the 6950x? Very similar situation

Fediuld and Undying like this.
  7. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    do not get me wrong 2k is way too much but you are vastly misinformed for how much it costs to produce such a chip , a 30x30 centimetres wafer cost 5000 usd ++ and if the 3090 is as big as the 2080ti then you will get 30-50 gpus out of it but then you factor in the defections most like from those you will get 3-5 perfect chips those will become the 3090 then the rest they will be salvaged cut out the defections and become 3080 ..3070 etc etc and some will be unusable , and yes is sand and copper but Tsmc and Samsung spend millions to be able to "print" in such small scale on the sand and they want to profit in the end too then nvidia want to profit too .... a bit too much if that's true and i repeat 2000$ will be insane but the cost to create a 3090 will not be only 9.9 $

8. warezme

warezme Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 970GTX Classified
    Dang Bro, that's harsh.

9. h9dlb

h9dlb Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3070
    People won't pay these prices except the hardcore enthusiasts. nvidia will milk the new generation until they get some competition from AMD

10. svan71

svan71 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    All I can say is if people keep paying to get F'd In The A, Nvidia is more than willing to oblige.

11. Mpampis

Mpampis Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT 8GB
    Your kidney doesn't have ray tracing, does it?

Undying likes this.
  12. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    No but you could render a good imitation kidney with it.

Mpampis likes this.
  13. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    Since when excluding payment of VAT is the `proper` canals? is usually not much legal.
    You can also steal a card from someone else, it makes it super cheap for you, that does not mean it really is.

14. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    If this is true Nvidia can keep them and ill see what AMD has to offer this generation 600$ cad is the max ill spend and with current cards and pricing everything atm is barely more than a side-grade from my gtx 1080. Might just go AMD anyways to spite them my old 280x and 2400g apu are flawless so i got no problem changing teams.

15. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    Yet a decent (not high end) new motherboard with a boatload more silicon B450/northbridge-whatever and network, usb, memory, audio, sometimes graphics chips all over it costs $80. The cost is to pay for Jen-Hsun Huang's $20,000,000 Christmas bonus. *change my mind*.
    :p

My cousin was Senior VP of Intel back in the 80-90's. Them boys cash in on those executive positions.

Venix and Serotonin like this.

16. Sukovsky

Sukovsky Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Seeing a lot of wishful thinking regarding cheaper prices.

Fediuld likes this.
  17. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Dear AMD,

Please have a decent product to help this retarded situation nvidia has put itself in, through holding a monopoly on the PC high-end GPU market.

On another note, even if I was a millionaire I wouldn't pay $2k for a video card. Simply on principal. You won't be rich for long if you spend your money without restriction. WTF has happened to this segment of hardware? I remember when $599 seemed high for a high-end gpu. I really hope AMD can help bring prices down with a decent competitor.

18. Sylencer

Sylencer Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3090 Strix OC
    So will the 3090 be better than the 3080ti or not? I'd buy the one which has the most performance to offer.

19. kings

kings Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti / RX 580
    You guys put a lot of faith in AMD ... If AMD have something even competitive with this, the price won't be much different.

At what price did the Fury X come out compared to the GTX 980Ti? At what price did the Vega 64 come out compared to the GTX 1080? At what price did Radeon VII come out compared to the RTX 2080?

PlatinumPanther and Venix like this.
  20. sbacchetta

sbacchetta Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    While this is a rumors and we should not jump to conclusions. It is about the price of Nvidia flagship GPU, the one that probably AMD won't be able to beat.
    The economic situation of the world, the new console competition, all this doesn't matter. Look at who bought a 2080ti and for what reasons. If the 3090 is again the most powerful GPU by more than 20%, most of them will buy one, even at nearly 2000 USD.
    Nvidia with every generation has been testing the waters for the maximum price for their flagship...and by looking at the past sale numbers they haven't reach it yet.
    Turing sale number were bad not because of 2080ti but because all the cards under the 2080ti were, relatively to past gen, poor sellers.