Newbie getting ready to build a new computer !! Please help me!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by nyrmetros, Jul 13, 2008.

1. All good :) gamer's gotta game :cool: whadya' end up gettin' ?

2. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
    I bought the Gigabyte 1660 Super Triple Fan GPU from Microcenter. At the end of the day it pairs well with my current system. Also bought the Crucial MX500 1tb which I just installed today. Also took off the old thermal paste from 2012 and put on some Arctic Cooling Thermal 5 paste on the cpu.

These are the updated specs

Haf X
    Win 10
    Intel 3570k
    Asus P8 Z77 V Pro mobo
    Corsair ddr3 1600 16gb ram
    Corsair H80
    Gigabyte 1660 Super Triple Fan GPU
    Seasonic 760 PSU
    Intel 320 ssd 120gb (boot drive)
    WD 1tb black 7200 rpm (programs and games)
    WD 1tb green 5400 rpm (multimedia)
    Crucial MX500 1tb (Steam games, other games)

I also tried to do some better cable management but gave up in frustration.
    I did take out the PSU and put it fan down instead of fan up which I had originally.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
    Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  3. Smart move - like the updated specs man! Got a nice gaming rig going, good 1080p medium high rig there... very noice. Yeah I'm having an argument with my Aunt's cable management at the moment... probably going to just put that on the back burner for tomorrow - work was long - sleepy blah blah' lol.

Probably going to be nice loading more games on a 1TB SATA/M.2 SSD after having had to deal with HDD - the one's that like to stream the levels in play at least like GTA / AC:O etc..

nyrmetros likes this.
  4. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
    Most of the games I play are Assassin's Creed, Sniper Elite, Train Simulator, and the Racing sims - Forza 7, Assetta Corsa, Project Cars 2, and Race Room Experience. Using the xbox 2 wireless controller.

One day I will take the computer apart again and do some real cable management. Not sure if there are any other upgrades I can really do with this system. What are the cpu temps I should be looking for?

5. 60s to mid 70s
    TJ Max at 100C

6. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
    I think I am within that range....... What else can I do with this rig in terms of cheap upgrades?

7. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
    So I just ran into a problem last night. My c: (boot drive) is a 120gb Intel 320 ssd. I had 30 gb free on it. This morning I turned on the computer and I got an error message saying that the boot drive was full and windows was unable to load. The computer kept restarting without being able to load windows. Any ideas on what happened and my next step? I actually just ordered the Crucial MX 500 2 TB ssd and was planning on moving the 1 TB SSD as the boot drive, replacing the 120 gb ssd. Thoughts?

8. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
    Small update..... Seems that the Intel 120 gb ssd crapped out. The information on the drive is still there, but the drive is unable to boot causing bsod....

Moved the Crucial MX 500 1tb ssd to the boot drive. Plugged in the Intel ssd to see what I can recover from it but causes bsod again. Can only see the files through command prompt. Anyhoo..... Guess it's just a loss. Now have Crucial MX 500 1tb ssd as boot drive, Crucial MX 500 2tb ssd as game drive, Western Digital 1tb black drive as game drive, and Seagate 1tb green drive as multimedia drive. Actually have a spare Seagate 2tb green drive lying around..... Might put in the hot swap drive bay.

9. Benjamin Fazzio

Benjamin Fazzio Member

GPU:
    AMD RX550 4GB
    That setup u got there would have been a monster for 2008-2011 but Go With a Ryzen 3 3200G and a 8GB AMD 570 Graphics

nyrmetros likes this.
  10. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
    LOL good to know :)
    Maybe new build next year?

11. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
    Next item..... cable management.......

12. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
    So I am looking for the full download of AI Suite II. I downloaded a version from the ASUS webpage but it is missing most of the programs that were part of the suite. Any ideas where I can find them ??

13. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Check your motherboards download page. I had a Z97 Sabertooth that had it’s own version for control of special fans and high number of sensors. No other version worked with my board
    This a unique case but downloading the version on your motherboards support page is best and you’ll find the apps you’re looking for that work with your board

Use what’s available here
    https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/P8Z77V_PRO/HelpDesk_Download/

14. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
    Thanks for your response. That's actually the first place I checked but unless I am blind I didn't see the software to download on that page.....?

15. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Utilities should have everything look for he “Show all downloads” in between them...they’re not making it easy to use....

16. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
    Under utilities it is just for WIFI Go. I downloaded and clicked setup just in case but then it said my MOBO doesn't support this and it quit. Definitely not what I was looking for unfortunately.

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/AISUITE_II/HelpDesk_Download/

That's the one I downloaded but it's missing most of the Tools in the software.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  17. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Well I was on the right page for your MoBo right? If so you’re right I went through everything available and it wasn’t very much at all I checked my old Mobo age still has an AI Suite bundle available. You apparently Don’t have one..

18. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
    Yea you were definitely on the right page. Maybe Asus just took it away? Not sure why though.

19. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    It could be the6 didn’t implement AI Suite until the next gen and Z77 Just predates it. As someone who had no choice using it I can say and the internet will agree it’s always been a terrible program so you ma6 actually be dodging a bullet. I will warn you installing the ne you have if it doesn’t work you will never be able to uninstall it and completely get rid of it.

20. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
    The thing is I at 1 point did have the fully functional software for this motherboard. That hard drive failed so I don't have the original files. However I can not seem to locate the same software with the full functionality. Weird.