Does someone know how to enable the g-sync indicator in nvcp through .reg or other means?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Prophet, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    Update: If someone is still looking for something like this, nvidiaprofileinspector supports doing this now. It's 0x00000001 VRROVERLAYINDICATOR_ENABLED under "Other". Probably need the right (relatively current) driver for this to show up.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2023
  2. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Why do you need this? The lack of constant stuttering with the quays-mandatory fps limiter is a good enough indicator in my opinion (and it's fairly easy to monitor the fps to see if the limiter works or not).
    I only time I turned this on was when I went checking if G-Sync Compatible works with DolbyVision (and ME:A is so damn fragile in DV, I shut pretty much everything down in the background to limit their potential interference). -> To my surprise, it did work. | And my be when borderless Unity games stuttered.

Smough likes this.
  3. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    Because I don't want to have to enable the G-sync indicator each time I reboot.

4. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    But why do you need the indicator?

5. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    I don't need it, but I would like it. My system is fairly optimized and the games I play with G-sync on provide a small difference in experience with G-sync on. I just wanna make sure it's on.

6. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    ... hence my previous argument: you will surely see the obvious stuttering with a framerate limiter On and G-Sync Off. And then a framerate limiter makes G-Sync much better than G-Sync with no limiter. Problem solved without a ridiculous green overlay on at all times to cover the image.

7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Export your registry with indicator off.

Turn it on and again export to another file.

Use an advanced text editor to compare files and see what changed (Word is probably advanced enough).
    Rename files to .txt to be able to open them and avoid accidentally merging them to registry.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  8. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    This would probably work and I tested it but it's literally pages on pages of diffs. And yes, I disabled everything from running.

9. EeK

EeK Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 10
    Have you considered using Nvidia Profile Inspector, instead? You can enable or disable the G-Sync indicator individually, for whichever application you'd like. There's even a thread about it here.

10. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680

11. EeK

EeK Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 10
  12. Orbmu2k

Orbmu2k Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Prophet, AsiJu, SalamatiQus and 3 others like this.
  13. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    That's way better than the indicator. Most monitor OSD's don't even have live refresh rate readouts. A+

14. Dr4Wm4N

Dr4Wm4N Member Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 3090
    Nice tool, but why not include it by default in MSI Afterburner and RTSS so we can tweak its OSD (color, spacing) to match our settings?

By default there's a little spacing bug in OSD when fps are above 99, resulting in for example "D3D11141 FPS" when it should display "D3D11 141 FPS".

[​IMG]

15. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Probably because he doesn't make rtss, he makes inspector. Maybe ask @Unwinder

16. hearnia_2K

hearnia_2K Active Member

GPU:
    PNY RTX 2080 Super
    When I enable the indicator it survives reboots without an issue. Running 452.22

17. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    Even tho we talked about this years ago I remembered this. Since apparently I'm an idiot I didn't back it up so I had to spend a good amount of time to find it. Afaik it's still the only software that shows VRR status. I think I will buy an AMD card this time around and they don't have any VRR indicator in their drivers/software, so triple thanks for this tool!