AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 20.8.1 drivers: Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by PrEzi, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Imo it does help to use RTSS to cap the frames as well as using freesync

This stops the fps and gpu usage bouncing up and down, the cap i use depends on the game but i never cap less than 60 and my preferred is 72

2. Haldi

Haldi Master Guru

GPU:
    R9-290 CF
    THANK YOU.
    For Months Rage 2 just crashed on my Vega64.... like most Vulcan Games. Now after installing this Runtime it works fine.

JonasBeckman and PrEzi like this.
  3. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Anyone playing Tarkov with latest drivers?
    How is the perfomance in that game?!

4. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Then you had to have incorrect Vulkan runtime installed manually before

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020

5. P.O.N.

P.O.N. Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX 4080
    You sure can, try it for yourself at a shooter with high fps (like CS:GO), moving the mouse fast. It`s not like you see the tearing, but somehow the image seems better and more clear with vsync on (although I keep it off for because of the cost of the input lag, which is minimum by the way)

6. z8373767

z8373767 Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT/8650G+7970M
    I haven't played for a while, but i did some Scaving on this drivers and game runs better than year ago on R9 Fury

Also about tearing in 120Hz. It's harder to notice of course, but still exist.
    It's easy to spot near the bottom edge of screen.

7. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I left NVIDIA for good because of their GSync Compatible implementation, and other issues. I don't game without it because it's far superior to VSync.

He could be using RTSS + Scanline Sync.

HD64G likes this.
  8. Jouven

Jouven Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro OC
    I guess I'm the only one playing windowed/borderless + fps limit, no tearing + fastest way to alt+tab without issues, no need *sync snake oil (I'm joking btw)

*also most of the time I don't even need to limit the FPS since it's a 144hz monitor but I use it for some games/programs that might "burn" my GPU more than required, or just games that break when they go past certain FPS range

9. labsdj

labsdj Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX570 4GB+
    I think i found a bug on Amd drivers Adrenaline Edition 20.8.1 drivers on MSI Afterburner its say Saphire Rx 580 and my Graphic card is a Saphire RX 570 Nitro+ 4GB OC its says when i open msi first Screen and on monitoring number of gpu its a bug like this image https://prnt.sc/twd07v and here https://prnt.sc/twd0lq
    i not modified the bios of my graphic im a first buyer of this new graphic card my system its says https://prnt.sc/twd17t and get this on Dxdiag https://prnt.sc/twd2rt

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/a1n1if/rx570_showing_as_rx580/

11. Tomatone

Tomatone Master Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Steel Legend
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/t...hardware-database.399542/page-10#post-5754628

12. Exodite

Exodite Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    Or just Vsync Off, like myself.

I had little issues with tearing on a 60Hz display, certainly none with a 144Hz display.

Obviously everyone is sensitive to different things, personally I belong to the group who's very sensitive to input lag but barely notice tearing. So Vsync Off it is.

As a bonus you sidestep a lot of issues with various sync implementations. :p

13. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I don't have a need for any "sync"

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/i6r5rf/psa_new_drivers_may_create_hundreds_mibs_of/

C:\Windows\System32\AMD

The Crash Defender service / AMD Crash Reporter logging might have dumped a couple of files here that could be cleaned up though the service needs to be stopped or removed first.
    I just had a few corresponding to AMD driver updates and then on reboot the crash defender service uninstalls itself so nothing else in there but in other cases it could be a few hundred megs worth of log files in a semi encrypted state mostly unreadable up to about a gig or so.

Also for the Universal Windows Driver stuff (Default if the classic driver model isn't pre-installed already or set manually, Redstone 3 and newer builds I believe.) the amdkmpfd service and folder is located in here instead of the Program Files AMD folder so don't remove that.

15. Davud

Davud Member

GPU:
    MSI 5700XT Gaming X
    Still crashes PES 2020 to desktop on 5700XT.
    With previous drivers, while working with heavy OpenGL 3D software (eg. Transmutr Studio) there were a lot of screen tearing and flickering and after a while, black screen freeze. This driver reduces the screen tearing and I have not yet encountered black screen. There is definitely something wrong on the OpenGL side of the driver. My old GTX 970 never had any issues in this area.

pakoo likes this.

16. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    I think the support for VRR generally is very stable, there are just some technically non-severe, but yet annoying issues with the Windows drivers (actually that situation is not limited to VRR...). It works ~perfectly on Linux Xorg in my experience.

JonasBeckman likes this.
  17. KyleStilkey

KyleStilkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6800 XT N+
    Yeah I feel you on that, I was on the verge of buying a new monitor thinking mine was on the go lol

MaCk0y likes this.
  18. Strange Times

Strange Times Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6600 XT
    i was bored sooo i just reshaded render test in gpu z lol upload_2020-8-11_22-35-19.png

LocoDiceGR and Undying like this.
  19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Are you not overclocking the core? Mine reaches 1470mhz. There are bigger gains than in memory.

20. Strange Times

Strange Times Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6600 XT
    mine cant reach 1400 mhz on 1.2v so i just undervolted gpu and overclocked vram, results are same as stock rx 580 with 120w tdp max in games

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020