Logitech G Announces Logitech G923 Racing Wheel and Pedals at 400 USD

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. garybray

garybray Guest

Does 400 have an exclamation mark after it because it’s seen as expensive?
    Steering wheels get expensive quickly. Hell, sometimes just a RIM (no base) far exceeds this price.
    This one at least comes with pedals as well and with it you’ll be good to go.
    The Truforce is nothing new and is done by Fanatec, Simxperience and Simucube already.. however, I think only on DD wheels. Interesting that it’s coming to something a bit cheaper.

3. SHS

SHS Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    There are other brands like Cron, Hori and Thrustmaster And min other out there

4. garybray

garybray Guest

Yes, I am aware of that. What I was specifically referring to was the 'TrueForce' feature.
    The device interpreting what FFB to provide to the user and NOT the game, via telemetry, is something that only DD wheels have been able to do up until now (as far as I am aware).
    I think this is the first non-DD wheel to have this functionality.

5. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Man I was wishing that Logitech would offer a new and improved shifter instead of using the one that you bought when you purchased either a g29 or a g920. Something similar to what Thrustmaster offers.

6. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I always thought about getting one of these, but worry about how many games make use of it and how well they use it.

7. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Uh what? Every single thought process for how this works just ends up with me thinking what is this claiming to actually do?

8. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
  9. golbee112

golbee112 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Sounds like some sort of launch control software build into the firmware (so undetectable on consoles) that will give you a perfect start with 100% repeatability, basically a cheat.

10. kroks

kroks Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 SUPER
    same , different price

11. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    The problem here is that it fails on so many levels.

1). Why have the peripheral do it on a hardware or firmware level or within it's own software when you can just have the simulation software do it via the traction control and auto shift settings, I don;t know ANY driving / racing simulators that do not have these as adjustable settings.
    2). If a player has these setting sin the game turned off as a challenge then why would they leave them on on their hardware, why set themselves the in game challenge only to then remove the challenge via their peripheral the entire point of having the peripheral is to give a more connected realistic experience
    3). The advantage of a dual clutch system in the real world is the sheer speed at which they can change gear, less than a second. No mechanical disengaging of clutch plates, shifting of levers and re-engaging of the clutch plates, no balancing and control of throttle vs clutch, no need to crash gear boxes. Select manual option in most racing games and what you have is the equivalent of a dual clutch manual system anyway and IF the game allows for the simulation of a clutch pedal and IF you have a peripheral that has a stick shift layout for the gears then why would you have steering wheel.
    4).It's only purpose is as an undetectable cheat device for multiplayer games / races that lock the player in to a race that only has traction control turned off and forces the player in to manual and even then I doubt most of those are forcing players to use clutch and full shifting manual box so it literally gives the player an advantage at the start of a race and IF you're playing at that level then chances are most players or opponents are going to be decent enough to do consistent decent starts anyway.

It is without doubt the most pointless marketing claim I've ever seen for a gaming peripheral.

12. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Its still gonna suck. Its Logitech. This is just the G25 version 5.0. I loved my G25, but this is been an outdated wheel for 6 years now, and Im talking about the G series wheels.

anxious_f0x likes this.
  13. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    You never know it might be an improvement over last gen. But then again there are better wheels out there for those who want them.

14. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    For a whole heII of a lot more money.

Fender178 likes this.
  15. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Very true. I have heard of Race sim people spend upwards of several thousands of dollars on their setup.

Loophole35 likes this.

16. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    While Logitech wheels aren't the best when it comes to accuracy they are known to be reliable and last for years though.
    And it's still $200-300 less than a TM TX.

Well, there is a huge price difference too, if you want the feel of a TH8A then that is what you go for, it is compatible with every setup.
    Logitech's driving force shifter can only be used with their wheels and is meant as entry level.

Loophole35 likes this.
  17. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black

$20 usb adapter and the shifter works with anything like the TH8A, which I have.
    As someone who now has a T300RS, TH8A and Fanatec V3s, I can never go bock to using Logitech wheels. They are good for a first wheel but its worth spending more and skipping over them.

My pedals cost more then this cheap wheel combo. My wheel base cost as much as this whole combo. And my shifter cost over half of this combo. This wheel is cheap asf in regardless to low level proper stuff.

Direct Driver bases start at $1000 USD,and so do proper pedals.

18. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Very true. But I give Logitech props for allowing users to use the Logitech shifter from the g29/920 with the new wheel.

19. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I have the last version of this Logitech. I should probably sell it. But it is nice to have, even if it only gets dusted off for a new game once in a blue moon.

These "cheaper" setups sell because not everyone wants to spend that much, nor has the time or room for it. Kind of like a GTX2080TI is great but you can also just get a GTX2060 and be fine too.

Fender178 likes this.
  20. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Very well said. I couldn't have said it better. Also the Cheaper setups are nice for getting you in the door and then if you want to do racing sims as a hobby then you can upgrade your setup at a later time. Just like computer hardware.