AMD Radeon GPUs have a slightly higher RMA rate than Nvidia GeForce

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Looks pretty even to me in terms of RMA. But remember, don't buy Power Color Radeon cards, or Palit Nvidia cards :D

Keitosha and Dragam1337 like this.
  3. Ahmad Bilal

Ahmad Bilal Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon
    Why is some of the most important brands left out: Asus (!!!), EVGA, Galax, Inno3D etc.

rl66 and moo100times like this.
  4. Devid

Devid Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX 6800 XT TUF
    Hold on, I've got Palit Gaming Pro OC since day 1 with zero issue so far.
    This was back then the cheapest Ti with good factory OC.
    Not to mention I had installed an NZXT G12 with cheap Corsair AIO on it after a few days of testing.So far so good :)
    I'm not even sure I should sell it when Ampere is out until it is good enough for 1440p@60

5. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    2000 series cards should be good for 1440p@60 for long time

I wonder if the higher return rate for AMD is also for driver issues, i bet initially many people tired of black screen issues did an rma?

Maddness likes this.
  6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Or Asus AMD cards as I have unfortunately found.

7. BrainDedd

BrainDedd Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 1070 OC
    They don't really say why the cards were returned ... I can easily see the 2060 / 2070 / 2080s being returned because the super versions came out.

8. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    Possible people are returning Radeon cards cause of driver issues?

schmidtbag likes this.
  9. moeppel

moeppel Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti
    Maybe I'm an idiot but only the absolute numbers differ marginally.

The relation of total purchased by brand in contrast to returned by brand are almost double for AMD, unless I'm missing something.

I don't think it's particularly noteworthy overall (yet) but shows an indication of something potentially worrisome should it be allowed to fester.

EDIT: I am an idiot. It's not double but 50% higher ;)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  10. Sylwester Zarębski

Sylwester Zarębski Member

GPU:
    AMD
    True, it is very different if RMA was in result of dead card with burned chips or someone has problem with HDMI connectivity or even drivers...
    I am especially interested because i bought Red Devil 5700XT few weeks ago...

Fediuld likes this.

11. Error8

Error8 Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 2080 Supe
    I don't know about Powercolor, but my 2080 Super Palit Gamerock it's one of the best implementations of a videocard that I ever owned and it was the cheapest when I got it. Still live and kicking since December, OC applied day one.

12. yeeeeman

yeeeeman Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce 9600GT 512MB
    Funny man.
    By slightly you mean a LOT.
    Just go and read the forums, read /AMD reddit section. They are packed full of people having issues (and by issues I mean, big issues, like flickering, crashing, freezing, bluescreen, blackscreen, greenscreen, crapscreen in a lot of situations, even when browsing the web). The statistic that you show here is just a percentage of what people are not willing to put up with a crappy product. Seems like a lot of people are willing to eat AMD's turds for lower prices, because the issues were pretty common in the beginning of rx5000 series life but people went and cried over the forums instead of RMA'ing the boards.

13. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    Where are the ones who said "UMAGASH NAVI IS UNSTABLY FOR EVRYUNE"

it's barely rma-d more than novideo, but since the AMD community grows bigger (look: reddit), sadly stupid people are coming too, with unstable XMP, 400W PSU and God knows what other problems.

Yes, navi HAD and HAS problems, not the average Joe won't really get bothered by them (I mean, does he have tripple monitor setup with HDMI and audio while 2 is 144Hz and third is 60? ugh)

14. Dribble

Dribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1070
    If it was for drivers then the rma should be the same across all the brands. The really useful things is it shows you what brands to avoid for both AMD and Nvidia as they cut too many corners.

15. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    RMA for a defective product is a thing, RMA for a product does not do what you expected is another.
    The statistics are unclear if the RMA are for broken card or just total RMA between valid and invalid.

16. Lukart

Lukart Active Member

GPU:
    Waiting for the next Gen
    These numbers dont mean that are failure rates, they are returns. The official failure rates should be way less.
    The 13% on PowerColor was on 5700 model, which was selling almost at the same price as the XT, which probably made some buyers return their cards to buy a XT when they see the price because its available at the 399€ price.. Another reason could be that the 5700 coudln't be mod to XT and some users returned the card.

In any case these are return numbers on a shop that allows anyone to return the card for NO reason.

I do have a Red Devil since October and has been rock solid! Has been a great card so far.

17. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    lol,powercolor cards :confused: dafuq

MSI are crushing it atm

rl66 likes this.
  18. Kaotik

Kaotik Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    You should have really checked the numbers yourself, WCCFTechs reported numbers are wrong in more than one place.
    For example 1660 Ti's RMA rate isn't 0.01%, it's 1.2%. Lowest RMA in those Mindfactory numbers is RX 5500 XT at 0.9%

19. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    My first palit (a 1080) was great, and i'm rocking a palit now too, what's up with them?

20. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    KFA is Galax new company worldwide name (Galax name is still used for pro branding)
    Inno3D and EVGA are no more officialy distributed there, only unofficial (and so complicated the RMA statistic follow)
    Asus are hard to found... MSI grab badly Asus GPU market, and Asus seem to let MSI win the GPU war.
    It may explain why... :)

cucaulay malkin likes this.