Intel to revamp Identity with new logos and EVO, hinting at Alder Lake?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Thunk_It likes this.
  2. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Text overlapping squares in background is so not pleasing to eye. Last logo with many elements should have gone for golden ratio spiral to have pleasing placement.
    Only blue logo is somewhat OK. But, nothing special.

3. butjer1010

butjer1010 Active Member

GPU:
    RX6900XT Toxic EE
    I agree. Old ones looks better to me.

Embra likes this.
  4. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    Big stagnant bloated tech company reacts to tech competition using marketing, which is probably the vast majority of their employees at this point, also the finance guy CEO fires the engineering guy

Oh yes heads will continue to roll in all directions for years to come

SamuelL421 and GSDragoon like this.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Evo pricing too? Joke aside could be intresting.

I could careless what there logo is or what looks like. but look like the been taking queues from MS on how logo and stuff should look. which i dont care fore either

6. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I miss 90s Intel styling. It was more interesting. I don't dislike this new stuff but it's rather boring.

SamuelL421 likes this.
  7. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Nothing special.
    Really, every time I hear Intel the days it's either vulnerabilities, high temperatures, high prices or a CEO running away with some secretary or coworker.
    Where is the good ol' Intel Core duo oomph? Those were the times...followed by Sandy Bridge and Skylake.
    Where the stagnation started, Intel?

8. Negativ

Negativ Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070S
    Intel is working on their logo at this time? Seriously? Unlocked platforms, the same socket trough 4 generations, unlocked multipliers, HT for all chips and 40% price cuts or node shrink and at least 40% IPC gain are about the only things they should focus on right now. Go home Intel

9. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Randomly picked employee likely spent just 20 minutes on all of them together. If it was random marketing guy, then it was not waste of his time. Most of them should challenge themselves to make better logo than this.

While word "challenge" is rather overstatement as nine y/o could make better, it may be challenge for them.

10. SamuelL421

SamuelL421 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 / RTX 5000
    [​IMG]
    This is fine... if dull and inoffensive is your goal, you could do much worse. It's going to look weird if centered though.

[​IMG]
    I like that this one goes back to the "intel inside" branding from the early 90's / pre-pentium days. But the typography for "INSIDE" sucks. Awkward focal point of trapped space between the two words and the size of that font is difficult to read at this resolution, much less when it is printed on a badge that will likely be even smaller. On the upside, the blue square resolves the issue above about awkward alignment when centered. Worth mentioning, I'm pretty sure the only use of Intel's actual trademarked, corporate blue color is the tiny square in the lower right.

[​IMG]
    This is hot garbage. We could pick this apart, but it's not worth the energy. Rest assured this is the graphic design equivalent of a sophomore college project. To quote a design professor I had, "here's an example of horeshit in a barnyard, it's all over the place."

11. Thunk_It

Thunk_It Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080ti Turbo
    I want the bling back on these things! I don't like bland, non-descript branding...now if they want to give their products away (free of charge), that's another matter.

12. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Intel will not be moving past AMD in the foreseeable future. Nothing wrong with the logo--lots wrong with their products. Intel has proven itself to be a lazy, slothful corporation that only knows how to operate in a sloppy, wasteful monopoly environment. I wouldn't want to buy anything from a tech company like this atm--can't see why anyone else would, either. Intel is currently gliding along on past performance and past goodwill--which is all running out much more quickly than anyone thought. If they find themselves unable to compete with AMD...well...I won't comment out respect for people still believing in the Intel myth.