Ghost of Tsushima

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Oct 30, 2017.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    DoF is over used i wish more game allow use to turn that crap off. few console game if any allow the turning of that off. while most PC game allow it

2. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    So for an impatient idiot like myself. Is the game stealth focused? I always wanted to try games like Splinter Cell and Assassin's Creed. But I don't have it in me to be stealthy all the time. A part here or there like in Tomb Raider, ok. But the entire game? Can't do it. Is this game stealth focused?

3. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Not at all. There are only a "Few" places where you have to use stealth, but for the most part it is up to you. You can either go in full force as a Samurai, or go in stealthy like a Ninja, the game even has certain armors suited for your play style which have different attributes.

So far I go in as a Samurai and just decimate.

Serotonin likes this.
  4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    What a magnificent and epic game this is. Absolutely one of my favourites of 2020 so far and I only see Cyberpunk 2077 topping this.

I have played for about 40-50 hours at least and only reached Act III and the final part of the island yesterday but I was doing every single mission in each area and the OCD in me meant that I had to uncover every part of each of the two previous parts of the island. I have unlocked every new ability and technique now and feel suitably powerful for the final stretch even though the archers with poisoned arrows are a bloody pain!

Love the story and combat especially and most of the missions have been enjoyable, especially the ones involving side characters. Some of the side quests have felt a bit repetitive but Sucker Punch have really put a lot of effort into making enemy encampments feel different and not like the cut and paste ones you typically get in an Ubisoft open world game.

That said, the Undiscovered (?) markers on the map have become extremely predictable with almost every one being a Fox Den. I do wish there was a little more variety here. There are some interesting things to find but I just wish there was more of that and less Fox Dens.

Also, I hate it when you discover a location, explore it, sometimes picking off enemies then do a mission that involves that location and it resets everything. I find that jarring. It has only happened a couple of times but when it happens it really takes me out of the immersion. Also, the limitations of the current consoles means that the big battles such as the one at the end of Act II aren't quite as epic as they could be with limited numbers of friendly NPCs and enemies onscreen and confrontations broken into sections. The next gen of consoles could really help with the scale here so I personally cannot wait to see what Sucker Puck can do with a PS5 sequel.

Also, is it just me or has anyone had unlocks shown as a bizarre red cube with no text showing next to the X and O buttons? I usually press and hold down the Options button when prompted to check what new item or equipment I have and, especially, during the second act this has resulted in this glitch. It does not happen all the time but it is like a placeholder art for when the game cannot retrieve the assets quick enough.

Other than that and a couple of bizarre NPC animations plus some weird behaviour (enemies running at you, attacking then turning their backs to you so you can easily finish them off), this game has been stunningly bug free which is extremely impressive for a game of this size.

P.S. Does anyone find the HDR in this game to be hugely variable? Outside it is fine but indoor locations can either be almost completely dark during the day and hard to see any detail at all and yet others can look fine even though the ones that look fine can often have less windows than the ones that look dark! It almost seems random as to what the lighting looks like inside buildings!

I have the PS4 Pro HDR calibrated from the Settings menu and have played around with the Dynamic Tone Mapping option on my TV. DTM On gives a brighter presentation but can still be overly dark inside and DTM HGIG looks duller and lacks the punch of DTM On. Upping the in-game Brightness from 50 to 70 can help but I am unsure if this is how the game is supposed to look. 55" LG B9 OLED TV by the way.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Later today, patch 1.05 for Ghost of Tsushima will be released, bringing new combat and text options.

This patch includes the following new updates:

New difficulty level: Lethal

• – Enemy weapons are more deadly, but Jin’s katana is also more deadly
    • – Enemies are more aggressive in combat
    • – Enemies detect you faster
    • – Tighter Parry and Dodge windows

Patch 1.05 will also include the following new options in the accessibility menu:

Lower Intensity Combat

Lower intensity mode is meant to maintain the heart and feel of Ghost of Tsushima combat while relaxing several timing-specific elements. Combat is less intense, giving you more time to react. Stealth settings are more forgiving, and enemies take longer to detect you.

• – Most enemy attacks which are normally unblockable become blockable when Lower Intensity is enabled. Blocking with L1 will keep you safe from more attacks than standard combat, though some attacks must still be dodged.
    • – Enemies break off their attack combos after damaging you, giving you a chance to recover before the next wave of attacks. In addition, your heavy attacks will interrupt attacks from Brutes, giving you another way to stop their combos.
    • – Enemies will not attack you while you’re using Resolve to heal
    • – Enemy awareness builds more slowly, giving you more time to recover after being spotted
    Text changes

• – Large Text option: Increases text size of subtitles, mission objectives and interact prompts by 150% when enabled
    • – Added option to turn speaker name off when subtitles are enabled
    • – New subtitle text color options in addition to white: Yellow, Blue, Red, Green
    Patch 1.05 also includes additional bug fixes.

6. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    This lethal mode is sooooo good. honestly this feels like hard should have been.

7. Man I'm going to have to pull my PS4 out of the shelf and download this game...

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    still want to get my hand on demo or trial of the game first, and I dont think that happen yet

9. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Wow really? Might have to give that a try!

10. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Doubt it will ever happen. Just cave in already! GET IT! GET IT NOW!

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I caved in twice in 1 month this year once for Special edition for Nioh 2 and Special Edition for FF7R for $150+ that was most I spent on ps4 games in 2 years not counting the 35$ spent year on ps+ subs.

I kind trying not spend more money, I think my MB on my PC going slowly which mean if that goes i need to make new pc cause I not just gona replace MB on 3year old system, I think my TV is failing or there is some serious issue with the last update for the TCLS515, my tv is glitching and gamemode is being disabled at randomly with no way getting to work with the switch simple act of changing input or going from SDR to HDR and back it shut off twice with steady blinking light that I cant turn on the tv had to pull power to fix that. Gamemode turned on/off make the screen flicker that how i know it working , when it get gltiched/bug The UI will say on/off depending on the input but switching from on/off will not make the screen flicker on any input. ps4 game are not really play able with out gamemode work and on pc side thing it passable but only cause everything for pc is wired. but even that has noticeable input lag

Pretty much if I want to game on my ps4 or PC threw my TV i need to restart my TV, if one or the other goes that is any easy $500 and the other day I swear gamemode gltich and turn off in middle being on my ps4 with out switching from SDR/HDR or input cause I was writing down all my settings on my tv input. I might try factory reset again as last resort.

12. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    It's a stunning looking game no need to worry about that!

116616232_2817137088572449_8390304789307785405_n.jpg
    I think my only issue with the game is the severe lack of arrows, I'm always running out, why is it that archers almost never drop arrows after you kill them? Ridiculous!

13. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yeah the game is stunning ALL THE TIME which is pretty crazy.

Grimbarian likes this.
  14. Managed to get a copy; looking forward to trying this out later :)

15. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Ok so finally got to play the game for about 5 hours or so, and I love it ! I come directly from playing dark souls remastered (again :D ) and coming from 60 FPS took a while for me get back to the 30 norm :) .

I do have a few gripes about it though : the horse riding is not that smooth, and you don’t have the option to have more riding paces, or at least I didn’t see it or don’t know how to do it.
    Secondly the HDR is not that good , I tried to calibrate again and played with the options, but no luck, sometimes looks really good but indoors very very dark and that glowing form the windows, ugly and eye damaging :D

these concerns of mine are very small really, as I turned off the hdr , and I am running on foot all the time.
    All in all, this is a great game to close off the first party Sony games on this platform for me :)

Can’t wait to play demons souls on PS5 , hopefully on launch day!

16. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Hmm I dont seem to have a problem with HDR. I think brightness is set at 80 or 90 or so.

The horse, yeah i just leave it. running around is more functional since you have to gather resources.

I finally have my travellers outfit maxed out , with a big ass hat. (the one where you cant see the eyes or face) I look so badass now lol

17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I think HDR is hit miss in some game look great other look meh, Nioh 2 look much better with it on, FF7R look great but I dont get why some part of the game like the sun ligh is unbreakable like look out side a certian someones porch door on 3rd floor out to garden is blinding walk out there door and it normalizes, FFXV has issue like that too. and was man reason i turned it off in FFXV

Does Ghost have similar issue

18. Ok I'm in the what appears to be a prologue now - this game is just stunning... like art. Talk about playing a walking movie set

19. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Not at all, HDR works flawless in this game and is truly stunning. *cough* BUY IT *cough* :)

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  20. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    https://www.suckerpunch.com/ghost-of-tsushima-patch-1-06-details/

on AUGUST 5, 2020

Later today, patch 1.06 for Ghost of Tsushima will be released, bringing changes to the Traveler’s Attire and new bug fixes.

This patch includes the following new updates:

Traveler’s Attire

• – The Traveler’s Attire has been enhanced to add new visual and audio cues hinting at nearby collectibles. These cues can replace or augment controller vibration in order to offer a better, more accessible experience
    Text

• – Expanded Large Text accessibility option to also include additional prompts and objective text
    Bug Fixes

• – Addressed a bug where users could encounter a black screen preventing progress in certain tales
    • – Addressed a bug where users could become stuck in some Yarikawa tales
    • – Additional bug and crash fixes