24K Gold-plated version of the Playstation 5

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 28, 2020.

1. hijodeosiris

hijodeosiris Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT
    More like he lack complete reading comprehension.
    The original post:

He is absolutely correct and objective, he is not mentioning anywhere "X" or "Y" brand having HEAT ISSSUES.

Heat issues =/= deal with heat conduction.

Maybe his only sin is trying to be a normal person who knows about "long" words in a forum where people love being controversial over everything and everything is an attack to your personal likes and beliefs.

Offtopic:
    Would be more conductive if they go full NASA and use CVD diamond wafers, as far as I know there nothing better to conduct heat. (before superconductors that require freezing temps and so on)

2. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Actually I know he was joking, however this is an ongoing conversation with him that you two missed. But go ahead toss some more insults.

Loobyluggs likes this.
  3. hijodeosiris

hijodeosiris Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT
    Why not?

He said "That's one way to deal with heat conduction..."
    He DID NOT SAY, that´s the best way to deal with heat conduction.

You can put mayo on a CPU and call it thermal paste or use liquid metal, both transfer heat; that´s a fact, but who does it better that´s another topic.

Loobyluggs likes this.
  4. hijodeosiris

hijodeosiris Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT
    Again lack of reading comprehension. If i were to insult you directly the mods / site would put asteriscs in my curse words. But take it as you will, that aint nobody gonna force you to change it.

5. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    the Persian version. all they need now is some gold curtain rods. - South Park reference for anyone who doesn't get it.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  6. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    A direct insult doesn't have to have curse word in it

-

The gold looks gaudy and ugly imo

7. PS5 Pro, Platinum

You know call me crazy but I actually like the gold edition more than the look of the regular edition lol. How... bizarre hah!

I guess it'll be worth its weight in gold heh-heh or wait wait! It'll retain its resale value!

8. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Depends on the retro market in 10 or so years time, the Nintendo 64 is often widely sort after, and all sorts of special edtions have been known to go crazy high. (mostly if kept new that being said). But yeah gold is a bit dumb, and depending on gold and how easy it is to get the gold off this might drop in value if it costs too much to get the gold out.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  9. Sixtyfps

Sixtyfps Master Guru

GPU:
    Tuff 4080 non OC
    OMG not impressed by anything sony puts out. Some rich guy is creaming in his pants right about now

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I'd rather it in the original playstation grey.... not black, not white, not gold... just grey.

11. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I have ordered two in case one breaks. :p

12. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    In case it is broken after warranty ends, send me what's inside. At that point, it will have close to no value in contrast to gold plated shell :D

13. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    @hijodeosiris
    when you post about heat/conduction on a PS5 thread involving a metal covering its outside,
    only someone without a brain would miss the connection to the brand/product referred to, even if not specifically named.

14. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    People like retro systems for 4 reasons:
    1. Nostalgia
    2. Hipster appeal
    3. The games were [more] fun (a lot of games today are over-complicated and focus more on realism or microtransactions than actually being a fun complete package)
    4. There's inherent value in them because good ones are very finite, and a lot of those systems defined what we know as gaming today.

Bear in mind, PS4 is going to be about 8 years old by the time PS5 comes out. It wont be seen as retro in 2023, and since PS5 will have backward compatibility, it will be largely forgotten.
    Both PS4 and XB1 will be systems nobody in the future will care about except for collectors, and even then, collectors probably won't have them plugged in because their successors would work fine. They just aren't novel enough.

15. Guess there is that collectors appeal kind of like what people do with comic books but with games and with consoles too. Have friends that keep a lot of those old original prints in mint condition in special folders and casing. Probably a similar correlation going on here.

16. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    ALL:

I was joking.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  17. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

I agree with your statement, mostly about the finite reasons. Still maybe 10 years is a bit short maybe 20-25 years it's possible it could be this retro system. Guess it depends if they keep them backwards compatible as that gives them the finite appeal.

Also wont the ps4 be 7 years old? Came out 2013 right. Also ps3 had backwards compatibility but ps1 and ps2 games have that retro appeal so don't think it's always 100% true. But they don't hit the level of Nintendo 64, but maybe that's more an Nintendo thing? Due to how exclusive their games are.

Also as a side note the vita is not that old, but I have sold a bunch of games recently like rachet and clank trilogy which went for more than I bought it for. Now that's a muti generation game, on many systems but the price on it sky rocketed on a system that didn't do to well. Maybe that's due to a finite number of games. But you can get it digitally on mutiple systems and physical on mutiple systems. But maybe that's just an odd one

18. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Yes, 25 years sounds more reasonable. Even PS3 and Xbox 360 still don't feel that old. But even then, the amount of exclusive games for PS4 (regardless of backward compatibility) is somewhat slim pickings, which lowers the value even more.
    Actually yeah, I was thinking it was going to be released in 2021.
    Wasn't PS3's backward compatibility somewhat limited? From what I recall, the system originally wasn't backward compatible, but it's been a while and I never owned one.
    And yeah, Nintendo will always be the more appealing system in the long run due to its exclusives and more iconic IP. I'm confident that even a flop like Wii U will be more appealing than PS3 or PS4 20 years from now.
    The vita is a lot like the Sega Game Gear - really cool system that just didn't really take off, but it has some passionate followers who wish it went somewhere.

19. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Nano anodization.
    Increases contact surface area, increasing conductivity.

https://www.researchgate.net/public...ermal_conductivity_by_anodized_copper_coating

my head hurts..

20. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Possibly. But I would not want to touch it. Nor would it be really pretty "blink blink" surface.
    Would likely have to be brushed surface to make some eye pleasing lines and then anodized. But that's not nice surface to touch.
    But "but" no.2, person next door would be like: "Meh, ugly."

These things are problematic.