Intel is preparing new "KA" CPUs, including i9-10900KA, i9-10850KA, i7-10700KA and i5-10600KA Spotted

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 25, 2020.

1. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    Again with the more expensive Intel, it isnt and as far as old or new, it doesn't matter, what matters is the result, I dont care how my CPUs made, what I care about is how they perform and how good the tech support is and driver quality and lack of bugs.
    Before X570 and TRsx there wont be even micro chance of me buying Ryzen, due to assmedia doing the chipsets and everything else, thats the worst there is.
    When you build a PC you invest in the whole package and so far Intels hardware is ironed up, zero issues with SATA, USB and so on, unlike AMD that has either driver issues or hardware issues and lets 3rd parties known to be one of the worst to develop the chipsets for them.

Our discussion is about gaming, so None of this is even remotely relevant, there is no need to complicate it and stop picking up the most expensive Intel CPUs when even the cheap ones beat the most expensive Ryzens in Gaming.
    You are being dishonest, thats not how you compare electronics: to compare two brands you need to pick the cheapest part that can beat the more expensive part of the otehr brand and thats called $$$ Value.
    Whats relevant are the actual numbers:

10400F is faster then 3900x in both 1440 and 4K? Yes [BTW if it beats 3900x in gaming it for sure beats 3950x in gaming too]
    10400F power usage under gaming is 365W and 3900x is 385W. [R3600 = 368W, R3600X = 372W, so even these cheaper CPUs also use more power under gaming while performing worse]
    10400F wins in gaming performance and wins in power usage even vs 3600, case closed.
    Also, irrelevant but should be said, 10400 non F will have iGPU and will win in video encoding too using QuickSync and provide free iGPU, so you never stuck with dead PC even if your GPU shipped for repair

Its not that complicated and thats what regualr people are looking at, just like I mentioned earlier, someone that uses his PC to game and entertainment, he doesn't care how his CPU is made or how old the technology is, the final result matters, is it faster? Yes or No? Power usage? [this part is actually not important for most people, for me its outright something I never cared about, im not living on generators, we have stable electricity where im from and im sure you do to] Thats it.

P.S. If you interested in production scenario, its COMPLETELY different discussion and I wont say that Intel is better, because it isn't, BUT only if you buy the GOOD Ryzen parts, and avoid assmedia outright: x570 or TRX40
    If I send you a picture of what im building [mainly just because and for gaming really] youll be extremely surprised.
    My 10700K + ROG STRIX Z490-H GAMING will be used for NAS, right now they my PC untill im done with my main build and they fine, zero issues, before that I had 10700 which was ok, but getting the K version was just small extra so why not, and before that i had 9600K for 3 months which sucked and 9900K for a year which was amazing and 8700K which was great too.
    My First CPU was P100mmx and Intel been good for me ever since, I had AMD bunch of times and gave them chances, yet they always disspaointed me, even when their CPU were faster then Intel [during P4], their SATA and USB parts were broken and if you look at benchmarks from that era, Intels sata was outright faster and thats with HDD connected to it.

Its a meem, they even created a reddit for it. https://www.reddit.com/r/AyyMD/
    Ay from ouch, burns, so you got AMD and got burned, it was especially relevant during Phenom

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    PlatinumPanther likes this.
  2. CyberSparky

CyberSparky Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 XC3
    I commend some of you for trying to talk some sense to this ........ but the fact is, you shouldn't feed the troll. It won't stop. If you've read some of the other threads and responses, this has been done many times for this bloke. It is futile to continue. I guess at the very least if someone else comes along and reads this, maybe they will have better reading comprehension skills.

3. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    amd.jpg intel.jpg

Yes more expensive, 8 core 16 thread over 50quid more.

When I purchased my 3700x all Intel had then was the 9700K with 8 cores and 8 threads or the 9900k if I wanted 8 cores with 16 threads and the price difference was nearly 100quid and 150quid more respectively for a chip that at the time was being hammered for having security flaw after security flaw while also having a higher TDP and the only benefit for someone gaming at 1080p was upwards of 10FPS in games that were at minimum cranking out over 100FPS anyway, while the AMD chips was killing the 9900K at just about every other multi-tasking job.

moo100times likes this.
  4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I only referenced products and statements you wrote in your post. I did correct some of your false statements as they are so blatantly put on display, that they could cause harm to uninformed people.

Are you by chance sitting on intel shares and need them to recover quickly? Then this forum is not place to achieve such goal.
    You would do better contacting The Motley Fool whose modus operandi is creation of twisted articles which manipulate stock market.

5. Oh. That is ironic. 2017 called and wants its outdated meme back.

I'd also like to recommend Grammarly - https://www.grammarly.com/?q=brand&...MIrJm6j_7r6gIVlv_jBx3MQw-qEAAYASAAEgKtKfD_BwE

It's fantastic. I noticed you ... didn't spell the word meme right or even the name of your subreddit either. Thought this might help you while trolling.

I mean I know everybody's different but - heh heh' I tend to take the occasional troll a tad more serious when they can spell or write well at least. *shrugs* just sayin' hah' :cool:

moo100times likes this.
  6. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    In Canada it's 420$ for the 3700x versus 470$ for the 10700 non k and 580$ for the 10700k. The 10600k in Canada is retailing for 400$ just 20$ less than the 3700x and since the 3700x comes with a decent cooler (50$ CAD value) you could argue it's actually cheaper.

7. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    *Grabs chair and popcorn*

Man, this thread makes for some interesting fanboy arguments.....I'm on the AMD side, but not gonna involve myself though.

8. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    KO series here I come hahaha

9. Size_Mick

Size_Mick Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 8GB
    I'm holding out for the KAK series.

DannyD and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    You mean KEK series. ;)

11. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    X570 board will be more expensive then Intel.
    And for Gaming, even 10400F beats 3900X, so Intel is both cheaper and has iGPU.

12. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    Have you forgot the name of this article? Im amazed that AMD fanboys have the guts to enter into every Intel article, troll, shill and spread anti Intel misinformation and then have the nerve to call people that want to stay on topic and to stop this AMD circus, trolls.
    The truth is, if 10700K was the same price as 3700x, everyone would be buying Intel, people get philosophical about business practices and tech because most just dont have the integrity to say that they Cant Afford Something.

13. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Why use a X570 board?I am using a £100 b450 Tomahawk. Look mate you're reaching I gave specifics at the time I opted to purchase my CPU, at THAT time the 10400F didn't exist so give it up. I gave examples from the time at which I bought my CPU your pathetic Intel fanboyism is obvious so give it up. I have a 3700x and Intel have done nothing, and I mean literally not a god damn thing that would justify me spending additional cash on jumping ship to Intel. They may have obtained parity but for someone who has already invested in an AMD PC build parity is no where near enough.

To put it in the simplest of terms mate, get a f*cking grip. I currently have a top end Intel CPU alongside a Asus Maximus Formula X and a 980GTX side lined, EVERY part of that rig was top end at the time and EVERY single part was water cooled so 'can't afford' is NOT the issue and frankly is a weak argument by an individual who is nothing short of an Intel fanboy shill.

I wanted bang for buck for my new rig and performance for TDP as well as being able to comprehensively dump water cooling while still maintaining the ability to OC and which ever way you slice it when I opted to buy, AMD had that sh*t locked down and Intel were a floundering bag of a*s with a new security flaw added every day.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    Undying likes this.
  14. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Wrong Intel isn't cheaper because you have to purchase Z based motherboard if you want to get more out of an Intel system. Also the 10400 is a terrible cpu to purchase because it has memory clock limitations even on a z490 board. I would at least get a 10600K at least because that would be the best bang for the buck Intel CPU. Also AMD has cheaper AM4 boards that have a lot more features than any H series or B series board from Intel. Also you you don't have to get a x570 board. So you lose your argument. Also if you spend time and heavily tune the memory on an AMD based system the 3600 out performs the 10400 in terms of performance.

Funny that you mention AMD fanboys when you are no different. You are an Intel fanboy based off of this posting.

15. Joking aside you seem like a smart individual. You understand technology to an extent. Let’s think this out. With all the money people put into their computer setups, peripherals included I doubt it’s that. If it were, no one would be able to afford anything on the market currently.

Don’t go to these extremes. Everyone can’t simply be this “one group of possibility” - or else. Saying it just sounds childish. It comes off as nonsensical. I’m not saying you are but I’m explaining it comes across that way.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2020
    jbscotchman likes this.

16. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Difference between fantasy and reality in your statement is in two letters: "IF"
    But that makes your statement yet another fantasy that did not come to pass.

And as for later. Try not to accuse people of being cheap. Even in case they could not afford something expensive, it is not very nice.
    And I will repeat myself. I only corrected your false statements about power draw and power efficiency. Writing about trolls, circus, fanboys will never change that your statement was false. And that it did show you had no idea what you wrote about or did it on purpose. I went with nicer alternative, that you are misinformed and have no understanding of those things.
    But in case you had an agenda, I pointed you to right direction too.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Last time i checked 10400 was comparable to 3600.

18. Size_Mick

Size_Mick Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 8GB
    People, people, this is supposed to be a happy occasion! Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who!

AMD and Intel both are making great processors, so I don't see what the problem is. Am I a little disappointed with Intel? Sure, but you know, it's not like we're all going to die or anything. Both companies will come out with something marvelous at some point in the future, I'm certain. At any rate, even the cheaper CPUs are pretty darn good these days. The highest-end parts are only a little faster than the upper middle tier, so why spend the money just to be vainglorious? That old price / performance ratio, the law of diminishing returns, etc. you know. But hey, if you're so rich you just need to spend more to satisfy your nerd urges, by all means go ahead, that's what pays for innovation.

But as far as GPUs go,I'm still firmly in the Nvidia camp, so $#(&* you if you don't like them :p

DannyD likes this.
  19. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Intel simply refuses to do the only reasonable thing and that is simply cut prices for current offerings. This is why they are bleeding value.

20. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    PM'ed you a benchamrk link, they dont like links to other tech parties here.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020