GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 451.85

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Warkratos, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Nekrosleezer

Nekrosleezer Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Deliver us the Moon (xbox game pass): i have to change dlss quality everytime the game start or change to a new map because it looks blurry. Also happen with previous drivers, but it runs really smooth.
    COD Warzone: Running smooth.
    Control: Running smooth.
    RDR2: not tried yet (update: playing for hours the game runs very good)
    No Man's Sky: very low gpu usage (or running like in software mode) with HAGS enabled.

conclution: seems to work "better" than the last 2 drivers to me, with less stuttering.

Win10 Pro 2004 clean installation, HAGS disabled

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  2. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Anyone else confirm this behavior (specific to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare when ray tracing is enabled in heavy scenes)?

3. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    I got your feedback. It is a bit difficult to reproduce and I'm not sure yet if my repro is monitor specific. I have some questions:

1. What settings in your NVIDIA Control Panel have you changed from the default settings (including color settings or resolution/refresh rates)?
    2. What apps do you usually have open when you reproduce this issue? If one of the apps is a web browser, do you have a video playing back in the background?
    3. Are you able to reproduce this as soon as you boot into Windows and let the display go to display off? Or do specifically need to run CS:GO for this bug to appear?
    4. Are you able to reproduce this on any other HDMI monitors?
    5. Did you select HD resolution or PC resolution from the NVIDIA Control Panel -> Change resolution.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  4. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    The bug wasn't specific to having HAGS on. You likely have a different issue. Can you describe your setup?

5. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    We can't seem to reproduce this and we need to be able to do so to test a fix. Can you share the graphics settings used/track/any overlay software used so I can pass it to QA team?

6. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    The game can be sensitive to overclocking as well.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Ah, that picture from Nelly was long beach, should have mentioned that.

@GiveMe also said it happens more with a car that has colour or decals on it compared to just a flat black or white one. And he was testing on Free Race - Nordschleife( tourism version )

Thats Nürburgring Nordschleife right @GiveMe ?

8. 7 Sequence

7 Sequence Member

GPU:
    GTX1060 6G
    1. Changed the color settings to "Use NVIDIA color settings", desktop color depth: 32-bit, output color depth: 8 bpc, output color format: RGB, output dynamic range: full.
    2. The background application is only Steam.
    3. The bug does not usually happen if I play CSGO directly.However, if I start CSGO after my PC wakes up from sleep mode, there is a 100% chance the bug will happen. I also tried to run L4D2 after my PC wakes up from sleep mode, the same bug happened. However, other games I have can run successfully. Here is my guess : under the same circumstance (waking up from sleep mode), the games with Source Engine may have this bug while the others may not.
    4. Sorry, I don’t have another monitor at the moment :(
    5.No, I use 1920x1080 144Hz changed by the system.HAGS disabled.

9. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Can you share the graphics settings you are using in Forza Horizon 3 where you get corruption and what tracks you see it with? Also do you use any overlay software?

10. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    What GPU do you have?

11. newls1

newls1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    again, instead of being your typical cocky self, realize there are some people on this forum that arent noobs and underastand computing. This driver is faulty weather you agree or not. I replicated this issue 2 times to double check myself. Dont tell me what I did or how "I" installed this driver.... you may know alot, but what you dont know is how to take any sort of criticism,

Gandul and AsiJu like this.
  12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Out of pure curiosity how do you know that for a fact?

Have you personally tested every single PC on the planet and confirmed that?

No? Then you cannot know that.

Gandul and Terepin like this.
  13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Because if there was there'd be a spike in the total of thousands of posts within the first few hours of the driver being released, and if not the driver thread, Unwinder would be posting about how users are incorrectly associating bsods in his threads.

There are not.

His issue is his alone.

There is nothing wrong with the driver re:MSIAB, Fix your crap.

The last time somebody was adamant a driver broke afterburner, his sli bridge was defective.

Even if there were an issue in the driver specific to your system and only your system, you haven't approached reporting it in a valid method since bsods require dump files to be provided. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    blackthesoul and RodroG like this.
  14. sunn

sunn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    1080TI, was the fix for Turing?

15. Obsidian_Oasis

Obsidian_Oasis Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070s
    Even though Astyanax can come off as having a totalism impressions - god that's annoying - he is right about MSI: AB causing issues while working in the background by updating drivers.

I know it's a pain setting up AB, but at least give it a try.

Uninstall AB and GPU driver. Reinstall GPU driver, then, reinstall and set-up AB.

What do you have to lose but a few extra minutes?

16. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    You don't need to uninstall AB, just disable it from startup, then install your drivers.
    All you need to make sure is it is not running while driver update.

enkoo1 and Dragondale13 like this.
  17. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    I actually always have it running. Simply forget that it's running. Only thing is after install of new drivers it reports a basic microsoft driver as installed. Reboot or quitting AB and restarting it make it show the correct driver version though.
    However, when a windows 10 install originates from a couple years back, then most likely there also were several os updates/upgrades. To the newer versions. And I do know that sometimes certain things in registry could get corrupt, or give false info/settings. Or outdated/double etc etc.
    Not saying a fresh install would cure everything, but sometimes small errors creep in, and eventually the user finds something incorrect but doesn't really know where to look.

18. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    That issue from 451.67 does not occur with this driver. So far so good for me.

19. shm0

shm0 Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT
    But my issue is related to HAGS :D
    What details do you need?
    Game is set to DX12@1920x1080@60Hz@Fullscreen Window Mode
    GPU: 1060GTX 6GB Edition
    With HAGS off, the game runs fine.
    With HAGS on, the game randomly freezes and loses focus (switches to Desktop).

Other games I tried don't have this issue.

20. Schmiddi

Schmiddi Member

GPU:
    ASUS 3080 TUF OC
    Same, I'm currently playing this and went to 431.18 Hotfix again especially for Shadow of the Tomb Raider - no problems.
    Gigabyte 2080 OC