The Division 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, Jun 10, 2018.

1. MaxiJazz

MaxiJazz Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 1070
    Still no fix for a dx12 crash on Pascal?

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Can't fix an issue thats caused by your system configuration or hardware integrity.

3. MaxiJazz

MaxiJazz Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 1070
    So you're playing fine on dx12?
    I have a full division 2 discord chat with 100+ users with same problem.
    Nvidia and reddit topics with people that have same issue.
    So pls stop trolling. Love u

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    and 100+ users are within the error control for people who have defective or misconfigured computers.

Multiple people here play Div2 without issues, correct your attitude.

Hell the game has an issue that causes inventories to crash the game when you use DPI scaling.... lol.

5. MaxiJazz

MaxiJazz Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 1070
    Ok dude, so how to troubleshoot this?
    I have 2 machines with i7-2600k, 16gb ram, gtx 980
    r5-3600x, 32gb ram, gtx 1070
    Both are with clean installed win10, without any background programs.
    No overclocked.
    If you don't want to help, just say that you don't have this problem and leave.

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    well one user here fixed it by using kboost
    hemi fixed it by underclocking vram by 100mhz.

7. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Actually nothing fixed it in the end. Also ran debug mode in the NVIDIA driver, underclocked both memory and core clock (severely even, by several 100 mhz), nothing fixes it. Motherboard & CPU also changed during the time I've played this game and it happened on both installations (one being a 5820K and the other a 9900KS).

And over the course of 2 years I've played with more than a 100 people and they all say the same thing: DX12 is unstable in TD2. Ran several hours of Metro: Exodus benchmarks in DX12 (as it's the most demanding DX12 title I have installed atm) to compare, never crashed.

It's also completely random. Sometimes I can go 2 weeks without a crash, raiding for several hours on end, only to crash 5 times in 1 evening afterwards.

It's not even just on 10 series cards, people with 2080's are reporting the same thing.

Literally anyone I meet in discord servers, forums or reddit have the same issue. It's kind of a failure on Massive's part in my eyes this hasn't been looked into further. Ryzen might have put AMD back on the map for CPU's, but the majority of people seem to be actually running NVIDIA GPU's.

And it's double as annoying when this means a loss of about 20 fps running DX11 (20 fps in lower regions, where it really matters).

AsiJu likes this.
  8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    and they are people most likely with underlying system issues, nothing new.

unqualified end users making assumptions as usual, the fact its randomized and doesn't trigger under specific conditions already rules out a driver issue.

in the offchance (which isn't impossible) that it is not systems, its highly likely a screw up in the game, its easier to trigger a device removed reset in DX12 than some people realise.

They could be doing something like this
    https://github.com/megai2/d912pxy/commit/8d89dab633a6712f83d9c4f07b5ef070db1199d8

9. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    While it's a bit anecdotal, the sheer amount of people that I see having this issue (aka literally EVERY nvidia user I play with) leads me to believe it's a screw up in the game. Probably something that's partially on nvidia's end but other developers (DICE, 4A Games, ...) have accounted for in their engines.

Either way, I've given up for now and regained some of the FPS loss (roughly 20 fps!) in DX11 by further overclocking the CPU/GPU Memory/Memory.

Would be interesting to have some more in depth troubleshooting tools tbh.

I also think the number of hours you clock into this game matters for this issue. I see people posting "fixes", only to mention they played for 2,5 hours straight. Until a fix claims it can run for 3-4 weeks without a hitch, I don't consider it a fix at this point.

AsiJu likes this.
  10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the amount of people you see having it are insignificant statistically in comparison to the amount of people playing the game, there will always be a collection of users who have issues, and within that group are the die hard "its not my stuff" users who will later on go to the forums and blame nvidia when a driver update "killed my gpu"

Manuel asked me recently if i've seen any spike in user reports for this game based on seeing a new single report come in, I told him no more than usual, and the likelihood of a large number of users going back to dx11 is less likely than the issue not existing for a large number of DX12 users.

This game is hard on RAM, its hard on GPU's. People following the ignorant "i have enough ram, i'll disable the page file" philosophy don't have a great time with this game if they've got less than 24GB

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020

11. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Can you link us some documentation on how to troubleshoot this issue further and more accurately (as opposed to randomly trying different clock speeds, etc)?

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    i've just looked through the div2 forums a bit and there are people crashing on U10 on dx11, dx12, radeons, geforce, overlays off, overlays on,

The games just broken right now.

This is interesting, but again, a side effect of the "lets disable the pagefile" mentality.

What im seeing on that forum is that many of the reports are coming from ryzen 3k and intel 9k owners, and both of these are not without manufacturing flaws to the pcie controller that causes crashes elsewhere.

Does the crash get precluded in event viewer by Event Name: RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
  13. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Game is not broken. Just a bunch of people having a "common" issue: game crashes. Mob mentality starts and the assumption is that the game is at fault but most likely driver issue. No one thinks that the only thing in common is that the game crashed and that is the only thing in common. No one ever thinks it is their system because it is the only game that the crash occurs. Is it really that unconceivable that the game taxes a particular part of the system to a greater extent unlike other games.

For me VRAM set greater than 11100 and crashes start. 11100 and the game is perfectly fine. I can even oc the gpu core up to 1950 but keep it at 1900. Anything greater than 1950 and random crashes start again. The game is very sensitive to VRAM settings. Currently using driver version: 451.48

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its not a driver issue, the inventory crashes are particularly a bug in the game.

15. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Messing with the GPU hardware scheduling in W10 2004 there's a difference. Instead of a CTD, they turn into hard resets where the PC reboots. Switching the HW scheduling off turns them back into CTD's.

16. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Seems like it's silly to claim that other people just have HW issue when it's the only game to crash. There are plenty of reports of this happening on various HW configurations since release. It happens for AMD too. Literally googling for division 2 dx12 gives you all results as complaints of crashing or claims how to solve it. It is the problem that should and could be only fixed by Massive. The real bummer is that game runs a lot better in dx12, but crashes make it unusable.

17. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Anyone has display driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered errors in this game? I have a stable overclock, tried even without oc. Changed even the power supply and it doesn't stop.

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Specific games make for specific loads, you can be metro stable but run Oblivion and have green artifacts everywhere.

19. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    You would still have problems in more than just one game or program. Plus you would likely find problems with synthetic stress tests, which for some reason doesn't happen. Additionally, most games don't give out tons of google results of people complaining about dx12 crashes. So all things considered, it is a problem on the game side.

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You would think, but this isn't the case.