S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by S.T.A.R.A.C., May 16, 2018.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Curzon line which is a project in development brings a lot of similarities to this game, but curzon line is in development limbo i guess...

2. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Definitely start with Shadow of Chernobyl. The atmosphere of this game is amazing and may be there are some graphics only mods to improve it even further. The other two game are also very good, but to me, they are lacking some of that aforementioned atmosphere of the first one a bit.

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I would recommend CoC, had really fun time with it. 32maps combined and playing with any faction makes it different.

4. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    It is now called call of the zone and its at version 1.1,,, amazing took me only 30 mins to traverse from the agoroprom facility all the way to the corden lol

cerebus23 and Undying like this.

5. ayakaza

ayakaza Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 6800 XT
    Call of the Zone is not the same as Call of Chernobyl
    DoctorX was making addon quest for Call of Chernobyl and he decided to make his own mod.

Undying and Passus like this.
  6. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Call of the zone also has some bugs with AI which makes the NPC's act somewhat weird in combat. I'd suggest waiting for him to fix that.

7. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Definitely start with Shadow of Chernobyl, and use the latest Zone Reclamation project (an unofficial patch). I wouldn't go into modding immediately, since a lot of STALKER projects overhaul the shooting and overall difficulty. It wouldn't be a nice experience to go for one of those MISERY-like mods from the get-go.

8. PCElite

PCElite Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    HYPE!

cerebus23 and CPC_RedDawn like this.
  9. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Console launch exclusive so we on PC have to wait a while for it im afraid.

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I think it means , its a timed exclusive between Playstation and Xbox

CPC_RedDawn likes this.

11. kapo

kapo Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
    That might just mean Playstation has to wait. Microsoft doesn't really hold things back from pc anymore. Lets wait and see before getting out the pitchforks.

CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  12. PCElite

PCElite Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Series X and PC. Its right in the end of the video.

13. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    It said console launch exclusive on the live stream before the trailer.

Yea it could be, I hope so as we have waited too long for a proper stalker sequel but by the looks of that trailer it seems to be more of a remake as I noticed some familiar scenes from previous games maybe thats just for the trailer though.

14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    If the lighting is going to be like that in the actual game... then... wow.

Reading "console launch exclusive" at the start actually made me feel angry... not the best way to start for a S.T.A.L.K.E.R trailer.

Legit scared this is not going to release properly on PC.

*edit*

official xbox account linked video, guess a bit better than some random youtube channel.

-Tj- likes this.
  15. Size_Mick

Size_Mick Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 8GB
    I mashed Oblivion Lost 2.2 and Stalker Complete 2009 (2012) into one mod, OL2.2 gameplay with SC2009 (2012) graphics. I called it Stalker Completely Lost 2009 (2012) ((2014)). Thems were the days! BTW Kanyhalos did eventually release a version 3.0 of OL. If one of you wants it and can't find it PM me and I'll send you a copy.

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    The most recent is 3.1 > https://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-oblivion-lost-30

17. Size_Mick

Size_Mick Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 8GB
    Yeah that's the one I meant. Just forgot the .1 part. I got it off a forum post and didn't know he posted it on moddb. BTW people this is for Shadow of Chernobyl.

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Looks good!

19. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Is there any special way of combining these two mods? Do you install them in an order or copy files over? Also how do you launch it to combine both mods?

Thanks in advance for any help, the new trailer has made me want to go back into the game again :D

20. Size_Mick

Size_Mick Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 8GB
    Basically you drop OL 2.2 into the complete mod then edit a bunch of files. I don't remember how to do it exactly anymore, but I can send you a copy if you really want. I do seem to remember needing to edit a bunch of files to point to the right textures, and little things like that. I still have an energy drink in there or something that shows up one color in inventory but a different color in 3D and I never bothered to fix it. Also the weather changes are rather abrupt. I don't know what that's about. That's all I really remember. But it plays fine all the way through to the bitter end! The main reason I did it is because OL had my favorite gameplay and SC2009 had the best night effects.

CPC_RedDawn likes this.