Corsair iCUE Game Integration compatible with Ubisoft Hyper Scape

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    I had to remove the iCue software from my PC because it was using the GPU all the time, even in games and the like. I'm not sure if that's a user error on my end or what.

3. larsiano

larsiano Member

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC
    Good article and great update from Asus and Corsair! Now the videocard is no longer a bench player in the lighting circus.

@Brasky
    About 6 moths ago I would turn it off too to play BFV and seem to notice a difference. But now with CoD Warzone i dont even bother turning it off, And also use it to start a 'more fanspeed' profile in sync with the game
    The software itself is almost perfect, i only experience a crash when i minimize the app most of the time but this can be circumvented restarting the app or just not touching it at all.

Brasky likes this.
  4. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    iCue causes my cpu to keep high voltages and not allowing the cpu to idle properly

I have a H100i RGB cooler

5. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    No issues here with iCUE, v3.18.77.

Don't see the need to update it, as if it aint broke...... :p

6. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    answers for you guys :
    1) yes icue uses the gpu a lot it's rendered like a "game" (it's stupid really) rivatuner fps etc.. stats GUI works on it typically when you open the control panel no way to fix that the only thing I can recommend is not using "show icue space", before you hide it disable/remove all graphs to empty it, then hide it
    2) if you have corsair RGB memory there's no real fix other than disabling "full software control" for the RGB ram that's what taking most of the cpu and keeping your cpu out of idle (note that with g.skill rgb memory I had the same thing but only with complex rgb settings like the audio visualization)
    if that's not your problem then I can't help you much more than this, the more rgb and components icue manages the worse it gets, not that on a threadripper cpu you don't care because what takes 11% cpu usage on a 9900k only takes 3% on a 3960x ;)

as you can see I had quite a lot of Corsair stuff, 2 commanders and 10 rgb fans lol, I recently replaced the aio by an hydrox setup which works great and removed the LS100 which was poor quality, don't buy, it worked great at 1st but now I have a segment that bug and stay stuck in one color, lots of negative feedback online

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
  7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    cpuid and ryzen don't mix.

8. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX 4090 OC
    That was the most stable version by far on my system, every other version after that is buggy crap so I just leave well alone now.

Still shocking that they keep throwing in more features rather than fix existing bugs :confused:

Rich_Guy likes this.
  9. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah ive read about problems with the later versions, and now needing to be always connected to the net etc....

I'll stick where i am, works flawlessly :)