Rumor: Ampere based GeForce RTX 3000 series might arrive earlier than expected

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. mentor07825

mentor07825 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3080
    I'm honestly looking forward to this year's Nvidia release.

3. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    I think we're going to see some large gains from both vendors in the next couple of quarters. Really exciting times for graphics.

4. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Makse sense. I have a feeling they'll want to beat AMD to the punch. We'll see how it'll go. Hopefully we'll get some real competition this time around that will drive down the prices for consumers.

5. Devid

Devid Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX 6800 XT TUF
    I'm afraid NVidia will dictate prices again as they are pretty much ready for launch of their next gen.
    I'm 100% sure AMD will price their next gen just a little under nVidia's prices just to keep competition up.
    Meaning you can have the same performance for a little less money from the Red side and that's it really.
    I hope I'm soooo so so wrong and we can have cheap and great VGAs soon

6. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Even if they release earlier, it makes no sense to decide anything until both AMD and them have released their next-gen.

7. Ahmad Bilal

Ahmad Bilal Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon
    AMD is not the same AMD .. as of the previous round of bout between the two. Remember they had almost had 'almost' gone bankrupt, and their CEO has publicly accepted on multiple occasions, that they had to make a choice to put there money in either CPU or GPU business.

However now,
    - with the success of Zen1 & 2, AMD has made tons of money.
    - Plus they have been promising a "return to hpc graphics" for a few years now.
    - Basically in the 5X00 series they didn't put their back into it, with the release of only 2 products & repackage of another in mid & low budget.

Economically speaking, they are in good position to finally come back teeth-to-teeth with Nvidia. Question is, can they make use of this opportunity?

IMHO:
    AMD can say a job 'excellently done' if they beat Nvidia across all tiers, including Titan-class & Low-Budget 1650 class (least likely)

AMD can say a job 'well-done' only if they can specially match the 4 beasts of Nvidia .. 3080Ti, 3080, 3070, 3060.

However, I'm expecting a repeat of 2XX series (AMD) vs 9XX series (Nvidia) .. where they will play Odd-Even again with Nvidia.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    Noisiv likes this.
  8. h9dlb

h9dlb Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3070
    Doubt most people will be able to afford them

9. Sukovsky

Sukovsky Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Nowadays’ pricing has turned me off from looking forward to new generations of graphics cards.

10. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    i hope we get good news pricing wise and performance wise bring it on nvidia !

11. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    searched for 3080 and got a hit in a shop !!! but it was a 3080Mb/s pcie nvme card ahahah :oops:

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Cant wait to consider a low-midrange 3060 for 400$.

CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  13. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Considering that should be around 2080 no super performance but beat a RTX Titan when ray tracing is turned on that price might not really be that bad. The 3070 will likely match 2080ti performance.

This would put 4k60+ at the $400 range. AMD will likely give us the same for around $350.

Maddness likes this.
  14. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    For this first batch, yeah, they want to establish their ground for a little while until AMD gets their products out the door. They won't release the best they can offer, but they'll release some compelling stuff.
    Nvidia lately tends to release their best products in response to AMD, either so they can one-up AMD's offerings, or, so they can keep themselves on top of the headlines (since the most recent news gets the most attention).

Maddness likes this.
  15. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I hope AMD bring something good otherwise Nvidia is going to keep the silly prices of the 2xxx cards...

16. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    Normally i would be excited. But my wallet whispers me that i don't have 1 grand to spend in a foreseeable future and i doubt the 60 model will be much of an upgrade.

17. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    No doubt if they release in september it will be the little brother. The Super Duper version will follow right about when AMD will release they next cards.

18. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    It might not be that bad because there's no competition right now. Kind of like Intel before Ryzen. But it is bad. The 60 model in an entry level gaming card. Right now in Canada the cheapest 2060 Super (a 2 fans model) is 50$ more expensive than the cheapest 5700 XT (a triple fans model) and this is 100% crazy. A guy I know who pretty much never bought AMD or ATI just bought a 5700 XT. If AMD gets their things together, improves their drivers and is able to finally compete at the 80 level nVidia will have no choice but to adjust their ridiculous price. The original 2070 was over 800$ when it launched in Canada after taxes it was around 900$. It is the first generation since 670 that i skip.

19. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG RTX 6090 Ultra
    Announced August indeed, launched early September, with lower performance than initially thought due to manufacturing at Samsung 8nm.

"Super" series to follow sometime next year manufactured at 7nm TSMC, reducing power consumption and increasing performance.

Will be neck and neck with RDNA2, winning in some, losing in others, instead of beating it soundly.
    Will still beat Turing massively in performance/price (over 50% better), making the entire Turing line drop in price like mad on the 2nd hand market.

Source: A little birdie told me.

Quote me in 1.5-2 months time after reviews/benchmarks are out.

Noisiv and Danny T like this.
  20. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    This "bird" :