AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 20.7.2 drivers: Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 14, 2020.

1. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    I have been testing these drivers out with many games, the performance in games are much better than all the Radeon Pro Enterprise drivers so far, and better in performance vs 20.4.1 and 20.5.1. So far very good stable drivers and great performance.

Using a RX 570 8gb, just bought Pes 2020 last night, works perfect on my end with the new drivers.

Krteq likes this.
  2. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    What error are you guys getting with 20.7.2?

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Was playing Dishonored 3 yesterday and it crashed with these no error but just display driver has stop responding. Never had crashes with 20.5.1.

4. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Nothing in event viewer?

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Nothing. Just a crash to desktop with no errors. Card is overclocked but that wasnt an issue in previous drivers.

6. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    You can repeat it whenever you want. But that want make any difference: you are a jerk.
    Try to reset it to default clock and voltage values. If it doesn't happen any-more at default probably means AMD changes something in the power management.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    Undying, Krteq and HD64G like this.
  7. nekrosoft13

nekrosoft13 Active Member

GPU:
    1080ti
    great.... now AMD cut out vega 8 (part of Ryzen Embedded) from their main drivers, instead they want users to use older less frequently updated driver package.

Everything was working fine up until 20.5.2, not any more..

8. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    That happened to me with a HD5870M based laptop. Chip was declared Legacy, and had to resort to modding drivers. I sometimes feel AMD can be a bit aggressive with Legacy classifications.

Rambo and AlleyViper like this.
  9. nekrosoft13

nekrosoft13 Active Member

GPU:
    1080ti
    is not even that its classified as legacy... net yet, its classified as embedded...

well the chip is Vega 8, part of Ryzen Embedded... but then Vega 8 that is embedded in APU like 3200G etc,,, is fine. Who the hell at AMD comes up with this stupid resonaning.

Why is one Vega 8 good, but other is not, why is one Vega 8 will receive frequent updates part of mainstream driver package, but other vega 8 will receive updates, sometimes when they feel like?

10. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    report it to AMD as a bug, maybe it was omitted by mistake

11. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    please behave, dont make me repeat that! show some respect to other users.

Alessio1989, Rambo, PrEzi and 3 others like this.
  12. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
  13. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
  14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    PCI driver likes to be complicated though you can either uninstall that separately or just uninstall the existing version and then run this and update that way which removes a majority (Not all.) of the existing components and should clear any install issues due to path issues.

There's some log file generated and it should have a pretty detailed info under "error" or "failure" showing the component that failed and why.

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\AMD\Chipset_Driver_Installer\AMD_Chipset_Drivers\{2457B349-20D8-423A-B291-CD885B9108A1}\

Last bit here is for this new driver but you'd end up with some path like that, find the MSI for that specific component and right click on it and select uninstall or just remove the entire chipset driver first from add/remove to clear almost everything.
    (One or two drivers as per AMD's documentation are permanent after installation or at least their software won't remove them but it should still clear most installer problems with earlier setup software and potential issues.)

EDIT: Depending on the number of installed chipset driver versions and if you remove the older one first or manually clean out remnants of the prior versions there might be a fair few folders here with this type of naming scheme to them.

Sorting folders by date usually works to find the previous version if the log file doesn't spell it out for what it tried to do and failed at if it's a component path error for not finding the installer to remove the previous bit first which is the error I've been running into a few times so far. (This version here just worked though so hopefully going forward from this driver that will no longer be a problem.)

EDIT: Oh and the two power plan profiles AMD uses also reset the settings for them if you do stuff like disable some of the sleep or idle modes or power saving stuff which I like to take off keeping mostly just the variable for min and max processor state.
    (Might be other differences but AMD High uses 100% flat and AMD Balanced lets it go down to 99% for what you can configure without some advanced settings explorer utility for what else differs here and against Microsoft and their default High Performance and Balanced profiles.)

Pretty sure 1Usmus and other profiles can also still be used if desired although the 4000 iGPU type processors might need a newer power plan based on this 6.0.0.3 version first. :)

Meaning that this update was mostly support for these processors and probably no functionality or additions to the power plan settings as such but you'd have to do a full comparison to be sure I suppose but I don't expect it to be all that different.
    (Unless the new processors have some additional stuff for them and that's why it had to be updated over 5.0.0.0 here.)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
  15. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    just uninstall the old package and install the new one.... This WAS a known error in the old chipset package....
    I have installed the new chipset drivers over earlier version (2.05.27.117) just fine.

Dekaohtoura likes this.

16. GlennB

GlennB Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 EK
    Uninstall it first then reboot. After that you should not get any more errors like this.

17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    No need for reboot after uninstaling, just install new one then restart :)

18. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Can we NOT have an AMD Chipset driver discussion under the GPU driver thread? :)

GSDragoon, Krteq and OnnA like this.
  19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    It was overclock that was causing the issue and wattman crashes. I was 1.470mhz and suddenly it become unstable with these drivers. I downclocked to 1.450mhz and no crashes at all.

HD64G and Alessio1989 like this.
  20. Jayson

Jayson Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8GB
    Is it okay to update to windows 10 2004 yet? I heard there were problems with AMD.