The AMD Ryzen All In One Thread /Overclocking/Memory Speeds & Timings/Tweaking/Cooling Part 2

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by vbetts, Sep 24, 2018.

1. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Yes I believe you,being held back you may lose 1 fps in gaming.I think your good and the 3700X is an awesome CPU.

OnnA likes this.
  2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  3. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    yeah I'm not complaining just making an observation. It's not like 25mhz is going to give my 20 FPS or anything like that.

4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3000 CPU Official Specs Leak Out – Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3995WX Flagship,
    Up To 64 Cores, 128 Threads, 128 PCIe Lanes & 8-Channel / 2TB DDR4 Memory Support

The official specifications of AMD's Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3000 CPUs have been leaked out by Videocardz.
    Aiming the workstation segment, the Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3000 CPUs will deliver key improvements to the Threadripper platform with a focus on the professional market, offering insane amounts of I/O and memory support capabilities.
    The AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3000 PRO CPU family is made up of four SKUs as detailed in the last post. All four SKUs feature the 7nm Zen 2 core architecture and a 14nm I/O die, all in a chiplet form factor embedded on a large interposer.
    The main purpose of segmenting the PRO lineup separate from the standard Threadripper parts is that they are designed to serve a different market such as Professionals, Engineers, Scientists, and Designers while the Threadripper standard lineup is aimed at the ultra-enthusiast and prosumer segment.

[​IMG]

The full AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO CPU family has leaked out and includes four workstation chips. (Image Credits: Videocardz)
    So let's talk about the four models in the AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3000 family. We have the Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3995WX,
    the Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3975WX, the Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3955WX, and the Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX. The following are the specifications of each of the mentioned chip.

-> https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-thre...flagship-64-core-128-thread-8-channel-memory/

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    4.6GHz all Core ;)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    3700X (259$) is the CPU of the decade :p
    2nd is 3900X (412$).
    3rd is 3600 (159$) ;)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  9. gdog65

gdog65 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Pulse 5700
    Picked up a R7 3700X for 259 on New Egg 2 days ago. Coming from a R5 2600.

10. Intel Discontinues 9th Gen Skylake-X 9xxx Desktop and Workstation HEDT series Processors
    Intel Discontinues 9th Gen Skylake-X 9xxx Desktop and Workstation HEDT series Processors
    @nizzen I ended up going with the following for my program. This will interface nicely with my thunderbolt devices. I own a few Macs I'll be doing some school work on. A Surface Pro 7 for concept art and such. I can do the heavy-lifting on this PC workstation & transfer what I need using thunderbolt when going mobile. Looking forward to getting this underway :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2020

11. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    AEGSA 1006 is a dream for my X470-F. Was able to enable 10-bit tagging and now all works like a dream. Do not know why that would have made such a difference but for some reason it does. iCUE is finally able to see the gpu now as well.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    10bit tagging is for gen 4 devices only, it will cause issues on various devices such as addin sound cards and nvme's

13. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    I know people have reported their system to hang during post if they have enabled PCIe 4.0 10 bit tagging while using a PCIe 3.0 device, but only on x570 boards. Does it really matter on a x470 chipset since PCIe 4.0 is disabled ?

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    good point, so its pointless that the option is even exposed on platforms that have gen 3 limits.

15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    AiO with Ice ;)

[​IMG]

16. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    My computer decided to have a cold boot wipe out the other day. Reminds me of the gen 1 ram training issues. Not sure if it's related to the newest BIOS or was just an anomaly but it ended up clearing the BIOS to factory.

17. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    I know it is not funny,really that is some weird stuff going on with you and the AMD builds.If I believed in luck ,I would say you have none.

18. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Do not think it is worthless. It must have an unintended outcome when enabled. Reason being is that without 10-bit tagging, iCUE does not see my 1080. When it is enabled, it notices that there is a gpu installed with controllable RGB lighting. Aside from that have not noticed a difference with it disabled or enabled.

19. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    Yeah I think it’s related to me buying memory on the cheap side. Even though it’s AMD optimized its not on the QVL for my board.

20. Wow I wonder if there are ways to tweak this config in other aspects of that motherboard to get that vcore lowered ever so slightly.. as that's a lil' high no?