Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Netherwind, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Im on my second playthrough but before my old pc could hardly run it without stutters and using lower settings

it is like a new game now with my r7 3700X system, smooth

2. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    80 hours? At my pace its gonna be more like 400 hours lol. I can't stop doing side quests, and I've only explored maybe 20% of the world.

DocStr4ngelove and Passus like this.
  3. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I'm around 120 hours at lvl 52. I guess if you focus only on the main mission quests you can probably finish it in 80, but pretty sure you will be leaving a lot of gameplay out. I'm taking my time and exploring everything, everywhere, all the question marks on the map I must go there to investigate. Every cave, every tomb, every camp, fort, ship-wreck, etc I check them out. I'm purposely going slow on the main missions just so I can get as much game played as I can. I feel I might lose interest in the game if I finished the main missions and then focus on the other stuff.

Also I experiment a lot with weapons, engravings, inventory management which in itself can be time consuming. And then there is the non-quest game play, like unplanned sea battles which I enjoy as well. By the time I finish the game, I could very well be over 200hrs. Not sure how many levels there are (before gameplus mode?).

p.s for those saying they finished in 80hrs or less, did you get all the cultists?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    jbscotchman likes this.
  4. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Exactly. In basically any game, if I rush through the main quest then I just don't have any interest in going back for side quests. With Odyssey I'm basically saving the main quest until Kassandra has reached her full potential, and yea I kinda have a crush on her. :p

DocStr4ngelove likes this.

5. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    With good reason. Her real life[tm] actress is f**king gorgeous.

chr!s and jbscotchman like this.
  6. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Yup got them all, 74 hours.

alanm likes this.
  7. chr!s

chr!s Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX™ 3080 TI
    OMG, she's in eurovision! xD

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  8. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Both actors are very funny too! xD

G*addict, chr!s and fantaskarsef like this.
  9. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Commence the google image search!

10. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Damn this game just won't end! 55 hours in and there is still so much to explore and every time I get on the main path I'm distracted by an endless number of side quests. Not a bad thing though, I love action RPG's with tons of loot and this is absolutely full of it. Story wise and overall writing quality, it's not even close to the same level as the Witcher games but that's all right. I'm about to hit level 40 and I think it will keep me busy until Cyberpunk is out.

Maddness, DocStr4ngelove and coc like this.

11. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    I know what you mean. I did so much stuff on the side that i even totally forgot to level up. Had 3 points to spend every time i checked. I love to sneak into enemy areas unseen and loot all crates.

Maddness, jbscotchman and cerebus23 like this.
  12. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I've had 6 unspent skill points at one point because I'm waiting to get my spear level to 5. It really is a good game though, I can't wait to see what the next gen version of the Anvil engine can produce.

acodyssey5.jpg

13. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Just hit level 50, got my spear to level 5, just conquered the arena, and still got a lot to do. Gotta say for a 2 year old game this is the biggest surprise hit for me. I'm definitely more interested in Valhalla now, but it's still gonna be something I pickup on sale a year or two from now. But I gotta give Ubisoft credit for creating a great RPG, however if they wanna get on CDPR's level they need to work on their side quest writing and push the more adult oriented themes a little farther. Still, this is a great game and I absolutely love Kassandra. What a great actress!

odyssey54.jpg

Maddness, fantaskarsef and cerebus23 like this.
  14. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    too bad i got a bug because i killed on of the important army leaders at sea way before i reach his little island and unlock his face in the assassination map thing

when i got there nothing was happening other unlocking some locations on the map :(

15. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I've seen a couple glitched quests, but thankfully I've been manually saving like every 5 minutes.

16. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I'm in over 120 hours and still not finished, really. A hell lot of gaming time for the money, if you can get over the repetetive nature of many, many things you eventually do. Don't regret spending those 30€ on it tbh. But definitely don't need to get Walhalla soon, I think I'm good with AC games for a year or two now once I finish Odyssey :D

17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Thought the game patched that so you go back and the body is just there so you can loot the little bit of info since yeah there was a bug from how they enforce doing this assassination move to confirm the target and then out on sea if you sink the ship instead of boarding it the system is intended to be automated.

Guessing Ubisoft didn't initially think it through as once you have the levels and loot and ship upgrades just blowing enemy ships to bits and looting the resource reward is faster than some minor blue or purple treasure loot for fighting the entire deck crew and then sinking the ship.

Quest targets seem to persist too actually returned to some areas I had missed to clean out fully and found these NPC still there which I assume is also a fail safe for getting the triangle pieces of the ancients. :p

Going full Gilgamesh here once the metal is all melted down. :D
    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Literature/TheEpicOfGilgamesh

(~50-ish kilograms I believe I Google-converted it for the blade alone and then a bit extra for the rest let alone the gear for that last bit there. :D )
    Now that's a little bit more than a knife.

EDIT: Well they patched several quest issues over time but it did take a few months and several other issues I believe were either fixed silently or not resolved at all.

Hmm I never did go back for that Obsidian Eye misc item either come to think of it, might be worth a replay at some point.

18. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Anyone played the quest with the Minotaur? (the first one)

That's one of those funny quests i just can't forget. xD

fantaskarsef and jbscotchman like this.
  19. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I know the one you're talking about, that guy was pathetic lol. I just finished the other Minotaur quest in Messara a couple days ago, that thing was a beast.

20. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Oh yeah that real Minotaur gave me quite a thrashing. One of the best bossfights in the whole game. Tried it like 5 times or so.
    Those noises he does before the fight in the labyrinth gave me the creepz dude.

fantaskarsef and jbscotchman like this.