Star Wars: Squadrons

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Ghosty, Jun 15, 2020.

1. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Yep, i want a whole mission walkthrough. The connecting to a lobby, the planning phase and action phase with a normal mic chat.

Basically they need to sell us the game right? Show me why i just shouldn't just skip this title and keep on playing BF II spacebattles.

cerebus23 and ShadowDuke like this.
  2. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Star Wars: Squadrons pre-order bonuses will include the following items:

• New Republic Recruit Flight Suit (Epic)
    • Imperial Ace Flight Suit (Epic)
    • New Republic Recruit Starfighter Skins (Rare)
    • Imperial Ace Starfighter Skins (Rare)
    • New Republic Recruit Decal (Common)
    • Imperial Ace Decal (Common)

3. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    More infos:

https://www.gamesradar.com/ea-detai...hter-classes-abilities-and-nostalgic-designs/

Here are the starfighters you'll get to choose from:

• T-65B X-wing starfighter
    • BTL-A4 Y-wing assault starfighter/bomber
    • RZ-1 A-wing interceptor
    • UT-60D U-wing starfighter/support craft
    • TIE/ln starfighter ("TIE fighter")
    • TIE/sa bomber ("TIE bomber")
    • TIE/in interceptor ("TIE interceptor")
    • TIE/rp reaper attack lander ("TIE reaper")
    Star Wars: Squadrons has a Power Management system that lets you distribute and redistribute energy to different parts of your ship. For instance, diverting power to your engine increases top speed, and maxing engine power unlocks a speed boost. Sending power to lasers will make them charge faster and maxing lasers will overcharge them and make them stronger. Charging your shield yields similar results. If your ship doesn't have a shield, this whole process is sped up considerably, benefiting fast-paced emergency scenarios.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    Ghosty likes this.
  4. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    The only worry being the different grades of equipment.

5. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    My main worry is that EA seem to have another great SW game on their plate. Almost seems they want to learn from past mistakes. Ssssshocking!

6. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I have built myself up for a fall here because i have allowed myself to believe this will be X-Wing/T-fighter for the modern tech of today while bringing with it the depth and gameplay of said games.......but what we will actually get is another type BF 1 online snooze feast filled with vanity content, repetition and grind, while the single player content will be so short and pointless you could call it a Ewok. lol

7. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    At this pace the ship management gonna be more advanced than Star Citizen in its current state :eek:

cerebus23 and Strijker like this.
  8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    well didnt they just rip this mode out of BF5? :p.

but that glacial pace of features in SC is grating.

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    uh, not at all. Star Citizens ship management relies on power cores exceeding drain and giving constant full power to all systems, with the redistribution system being present for the cases where damage reduces the output, so you can shunt power down to engines and shields to make an emergency get away when damage is too great.

the power management in this game, implies the ship systems are minimally powered and uses the power triangle to boost accordingly.

XenthorX likes this.
  10. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    What i really meant was that SC advanced management of ships is in its infancy. The whole multiplayer management of ship function isn't there or not in a way i find satisfying anyway (you can have a friend playing around with power distribution but really it's useless at this point)

11. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Doesn't look like it will have the amount of SP time that the old games had, almost seems that even a game like SWTOR has more X-wing/Tie Fighter solo mission content :S

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Lets not talking about the thing Swtor turned into after it went f2p it became all bout the cashshop never mind how shitty bad the engine is and how they compound the issue issue bruteforce cant even run the game at 60 fps all the time special on fleet and wz/16man ops forget bout the bigger groups ran for some world bosses, I recent can back to it see what changed and left before my time is up.

Would love X-Wing / Tie Fighter revival heavy on the space combat and missions little to no cut scene crap

13. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Yup, most of us did stop playing when it went f2p, got to love EA, but at least it still runs unlike Warhammer Online.
    I too was hoping Squadron more to be in the line of a modernized X-Wing / Tie-Fighter revival, the MP dogfight part looks more cashcow than anything, besides that there are plenty of as good if not better games for that.

14. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Jackfrags has uploaded a very detailed video of how the game will play out once it's released.

15. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Read a German mag where they said the game is not mindless mp fun, it's a hardcore spacesim which is easy to get into but hard to master.

16. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
  17. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    The loot system hasn't been talked about yet though.

XenthorX likes this.
  18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080

Why does it look like a dumbed down game and super generic...like i expected much denser atmosphere, more ti fighters and more x wings

19. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    I don't know, the energy management looks exactly as it is in SW TOR galactic starfighter mode, they also have several ship classes and a lot of components and crew members to outfit the ships there. Plus having a MP with just 5v5 seems silly and even in the footage the maps look kinda empty with nothing going on there. I'm still mostly interested in single player campaign though, so I hope for something better than just a tutorial for MP part.

20. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    As long as it's better than StarLink, which wasn't a bad game, hoping for some great sound quality from the game too.