Heavy Rain, Beyond, and Detroit in PC

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Mar 20, 2019.

1. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I tried the demos on my system and was instantly disappointed by the 60 fps cap... thankfully I've already completed the first two games (back when I had a console) and won't buy them twice. It's not a deal breaker per say, but it's very lazy going into 2020 and force novice players to tinker with their game; which isn't a guarantee that it will work.

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  2. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    i wanna know why they didn't add HDR yet ?!!

angelgraves13 likes this.
  3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    because its a gimmick.

4. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    FInished Detroit Become Human yesterday. Man, what a great game! I really love it and guess im starting a new story again soon.

MerolaC, XenthorX and angelgraves13 like this.

5. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Even more... Fire up the game today. She welcomes you and mentions the date being Independence Day. Might even target US only. This is one of the most amazingly polished titles ever made.

6. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Yeah i had that*. :D But after i ended the game she asked if she can leave....now. And i let her, awwww. ;)

*not us-only - germany - but im playing on english tho.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
  7. GarrettL

GarrettL Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4070 TI
    I am about 3 hours in Detroit.

I’m an FPS guy at heart and 52 years old. Been playing games forever.

This “game” sucks you in from the start. It’s largely a cinematic format and is reminiscent of Mass Effect in some small way to me.

Really looking forward to getting back to the game after work. It’s been a while since a game had this kind of attraction and you want to see what happens.

I will say the mouse keyboard controls are really wonky but otherwise great experience so far.

Great game with replay ability due to the decisions you make. I highly suggest you give it a go.

8. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    The disadvantage (to whom it applies, at least) when 'exclusive' to console games do eventually come out on PC is the time gap, in some cases. When the porting is almost immediate then no biggie. But when it takes years... chances are you either forget about it, you don't have interest in it anymore or - which was my case - you end up watching full playthroughs on Twitch or YouTube. For Detroit: Become Human, back when it was being announced and advertised prior to its launch I was genuinely very interested by it. But "console sellers" is generally a long-gone principle for me, I don't buy consoles for just 1 or 2 games anymore. I used to when I was younger but that time is behind me, console exclusives are not an incentive to me.

I'm saying this because in Detroit's case, "damage" was done so to speak, it was console exclusive long enough. Time has passed and I had quite literally other things in life to do than just wait and see if the game would ever come out on PC, which of course at the time was just not in the air at all as a possibility. So I watched full playthroughs about 2 or 3 times to see most scenarios and that was it. Done. No need to buy it, and was frankly quite satisfied by the experienced of 'just watching it'. I would have really liked to play it at the time, if it had been on my platform as well. But too little too late, it's just too much time since release. And I know I'm not the only one in this boat.

But I can say this, to whomever would consider to buy it: It really is a pretty good game. Like some say, more of an interactive on-rails movie where you make decisions and investigate more than anything else. But it's still pretty good and very well executed.

cerebus23 likes this.
  9. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yea everyone was streaming this game when it came out, it was near impossible not to see it.

10. GarrettL

GarrettL Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4070 TI
    Just got done my first play through of Detroit. Again, as primarily a fan of shooters was surprised and loved this game.

With that said, is Heavy Rain or Beyond worth playing or will they be a disappointment compared to Detroit?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    angelgraves13 likes this.

11. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    No disappointment.

GarrettL likes this.
  12. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT

Agree. I just finished my 1st time over the weekend. Incredible. I also completely screwed up one of the timelines. It just begs you to play it through again. Like few other games ever have.

It may be a "walking simulator" but to me, it's like an incredible choose your own adventure book style game. Easily one of the most amazing and emotional game experiences I've ever had. (I'm 47, started on Atari 800).

GarrettL likes this.
  13. GarrettL

GarrettL Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4070 TI
    Yeah, I played it with Conner staying as a machine Android hunter. Everyone died and Markus too before using the dirty bomb. I tried the peaceful route until I got pissed with all the android killing.

Looking forward to playing it where Conner joins them.

The attention to detail was very well done, the acting and music too.

I can’t remember the last game I played that had that kind of attraction.

I live about 40 miles away from Detroit and was cool to see the city in a game.

Going to give Heavy Rain a shot. I’m not expecting Detroit but hopefully it has the same attraction.

Actually surprised they haven’t tried to make this into a TV mini-series. The story is good enough.

XenthorX and cerebus23 like this.
  14. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Crazy!!
    But its awesome to have so many different outcomes.

I only played like 30 minuts (when it was rlsd on Epic) where you're at the mall but since the game is older and a lot of my friends already played it and also Detroit, the majority said, they find Heavy Rain even better. I responded, "this can't be true". :D

Speaking of...there is a series about Disco Elysium in the works. Or lets say, in the Disco Elysium universe.
    https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/disco-elysium-tv-series-1234690455/

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  15. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I was thinking the same. The story was better than many movies I've seen. This could easily be a series or blockbuster.

I'm going to have to check out "Beyond Two Souls" after that Detroit experience.

GarrettL likes this.

16. GarrettL

GarrettL Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4070 TI
    Let me know what you think of it Beyond. I just started Heavy Rain last night. I played Detroit with a keyboard and mouse and did ok but could see a game pad would be a smoother experience. But with Heavy Rain the keyboard and mouse is not nearly as refined.

Anyone using a SteelSeries game pad? I picked up one this week and the O and Square button randomly change during gameplay. Makes it impossible to use. The old wired Microsoft controllers are priced really high let alone the new Microsoft controller pricing which is ridiculous.

17. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Heavy Rain is my Favorite title by QT

INSTG8R likes this.
  18. The Fitter

The Fitter Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 ti oc
    Not reading this thread yet just in case of spoilers.
    Playing Detroit and just loving it. Looks fantastic and feel so involved with each characters story. Completely messed up a chapter with Markus last night and it's gutted me. Going to continue the story to the end but will definitely play through the lot again and try to make better decisions in that particular section.

GarrettL likes this.
  19. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Just saying that now for some reason the shader process takes around 30 seconds in Detroit BH with my Ryzen build, i hope it's the same for everyone

20. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    COD:Cold War does it too.